College Football Playoff

Lobo97

42 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You would fit right in with the invitatonal tournament committee .... That’s the answer they were looking for when they were selecting the elite committee members ....

I’m not the one who wants to have 16 teams. I was good with 2.

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Alabama would be eliminated if you took 2. 

You are the one who wants to have 16 teams. When was the last time Alabama wasn’t ranked in the top 16?

2007?

Maybe so, but the arrogance of what you said earlier sounds like they are entitled just because of who they are ... that's the bias that the committee operates under ... it's not just Alabama, but other perceived traditional powerhouse teams as well .... a 16 team playoff would make them prove it on the field like all teams should be required to do .... a 4 team invitational tournament eliminates too many good teams by a biased committee .... 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Pros? We talking College!!😂

Yep. The thing is, the sports are similar in college vs pros. 

Baseball plays a 7 game series. They play regionals and then 3-game series in college. When that poster said, "Other sports got it wrong?", they didn't account for the different paradigms of how a team "wins" in other sports. See, when you play a football opponent in week 2, if you win the game, you win. In baseball, you play a 3-game series against an opponent. The sports are just different games. That was the point I was making. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

On 11/11/2022 at 11:02 AM, DannyZuco said:

I have a serious question, is there any way that the SEC could be left out of the playoffs all together. 

Very Hypothetical:

Georgia loses to Mississippi State or Kentucky

Alabama loses to Ole Miss

Ole Miss loses to Miss State

Tennessee loses to South Carolina

LSU loses to A&M

Georgia loses in Championship game to LSU

Georgia 2 Losses

LSU 3 Losses

Alabama 3 Losses

Ole Miss 2 Losses

Tennessee 2 Losses

Or does a 3 loss LSU make a playoff because they won the SEC Championship.....

Well we don't have to worry about any of these hypotheticals........:rofl:

Kentucky can't beat Georgia if it can't beat Vandy

South Carolina to a rear end whooping yesterday

and Oregon fell to Washington. 

So Georgia is in, unless the world turns upside down and they lose to Georgia Tech & LSU.....:rofl:

So back to the Hypotheticals......Does a 1 loss Conference Champion get in over Tennessee....Such as North Carolina or Clemson, or USC

Saying that Ohio State or Michigan win out, and TCU Wins Out.....

21 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Well we don't have to worry about any of these hypotheticals........:rofl:

Kentucky can't beat Georgia if it can't beat Vandy

South Carolina to a rear end whooping yesterday

and Oregon fell to Washington. 

So Georgia is in, unless the world turns upside down and they lose to Georgia Tech & LSU.....:rofl:

So back to the Hypotheticals......Does a 1 loss Conference Champion get in over Tennessee....Such as North Carolina or Clemson, or USC

Saying that Ohio State or Michigan win out, and TCU Wins Out.....

My hypothetical now sees the playoff being this:

1. Georgia (even if they lose to LSU)

2. TCU (assuming undefeated)

3. Undefeated B10 champ

4. Dicey, but right now I have Tennessee based on resume.

USC or Utah have to whip one or the other handily to even have a shot.  LSU beats Georgia, I can see them getting a close 5th or next team in despite looking like crap vs Arkansas. Wild card: let’s say Michigan beats tOSU… I think tOSU gets that Bama love and creeps around with the committee 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

3. Undefeated B10 champ

USC or Utah have to whip one or the other handily to even have a shot.  LSU beats Georgia, I can see them getting a close 5th or next team in despite looking like crap vs Arkansas. Wild card: let’s say Michigan beats tOSU… I think tOSU gets that Bama love and creeps around with the committee 

Always a possibility. 

I hope that all the teams stay undefeated--except Michigan, not a fan. And then USC wins the Pac 12 Conference with one loss.....

I want to see how the committee justifies putting Tennessee in the playoffs over a team that won their conference...

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

3. Undefeated B10 champ

I like your top 4, BUT if USC wins out...it may be hard not to give a nod to the Trojans. The committee will feel some pressure to include a 1-loss conference champ that's been ignored for a little bit. Unfortunately it would leave Tennessee as a great #5 and probably a 5-loss Alabama at #6.

• LOL! 1

really though, Alabama has 2-losses...looking at the rankings, it would not take anything too outrageous to see 3-4 teams lose ahead of them (Saban will be alerting their FCS opponent, "hey, sorry but we are going to score 110 against you" and then pound Auburn too) and they weasel in as a terrible #4 

Edited by PelvisPresley

1 hour ago, PelvisPresley said:

really though, Alabama has 2-losses...looking at the rankings, it would not take anything too outrageous to see 3-4 teams lose ahead of them (Saban will be alerting their FCS opponent, "hey, sorry but we are going to score 110 against you" and then pound Auburn too) and they weasel in as a terrible #4 

I could see LSU losing to A&M.  TCU to Baylor or the b12 championship, Tenn to bipolar South Carolina, Oregon to Oregon st and USC to Notre Dame… 

If it all happens this year though… holy crap!

49 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I could see LSU losing to A&M.  TCU to Baylor or the b12 championship, Tenn to bipolar South Carolina, Oregon to Oregon st and USC to Notre Dame… 

If it all happens this year though… holy crap!

before this past weekend, I was seeing all that same stuff in the visions and that if Longhorn won out they could be a 3-loss team rolling into #4, but alas the Horns can't do anything right but lose

34 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

before this past weekend, I was seeing all that same stuff in the visions and that if Longhorn won out they could be a 3-loss team rolling into #4, but alas the Horns can't do anything right but lose

The Horns haven’t been right since the Ewers injury 

3 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

I like your top 4, BUT if USC wins out...it may be hard not to give a nod to the Trojans. The committee will feel some pressure to include a 1-loss conference champ that's been ignored for a little bit. Unfortunately it would leave Tennessee as a great #5 and probably a 5-loss Alabama at #6.

But we have another conference that could have just a 1 loss conference Champion.....North Carolina or Clemson, to go along with a 1 Loss Conference Champion in USC....if they all win out. 

Do you still think Tennessee should be in before either of those teams?