Lindale (1-1) @ Van (2-0)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Van  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

No kicker? Or does Coach Moffitt just not believe in kickers? 😂

Well, I probably shouldn't of kicked a dead horse lol. Might get some folks grumbling again. 4 years ago, Gilmer 42 Van 41, 4th qtr, 9 seconds left, 3rd down Van on the 2. We ran a play, qb got sacked, game over.  A lot of people thought we should've kicked the field goal on 3rd down. Personally, I thought it was the right call to run the play. The kicker was struggling that year. It seemed to me a quick play, if we didn't score then kick it. It didn't work out that way and of course all of a sudden there was a lot of unhappy stuff being said.😂 Well anyway, these days I think our kicker is pretty good and shouldn't have any trouble hitting a fg from a reasonable range if the situation presented itself, which does seem to be a rarity.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Game day and relatively calm on here. This ought to be the game of the week. Kind of refreshing though. A few years ago the smack got past the point of ridiculous lol.

Yeah I think some of those posters have moved on...

Really excited about tonight! My nephew played in the JV game last night and it was a fun game to watch. Both teams played hard but Van made fewer mistakes and I think the final was 19-14 if I'm not mistaken.

48 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Yeah I think some of those posters have moved on...

Really excited about tonight! My nephew played in the JV game last night and it was a fun game to watch. Both teams played hard but Van made fewer mistakes and I think the final was 19-14 if I'm not mistaken.

Wouldn't be surprised if tonights score is similar.