3A Div. II #4 Daingerfield Tigers vs 2A Div. I #1 Timpson Bears

tigernationfan

Who will win  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 11:00 PM

On 9/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, Eagle8 said:

Fair assessment. I just couldn't imagine a "Kam-less" Jefferson team putting up anywhere near 29 points against DF's defense.

I bet you haven’t even seen Jefferson play this year. If so how do you come to that conclusion? Also Daingerfield let Tatum put up 35 points?

21 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Y’all must forgot Dfield had its own 4star player as well. Bussey will not be enough in this game he better have 4 or 5 others that can help carry the load.

If you think Bussey is the only playmaker the Bears have (with speed) you are very mistaken!

43 minutes ago, T87A said:

If you want to know who as the speed just look at the state track meet results and you will see  the Bears have a faster time in the 4x100 and the 4x200 relays.

Yes sure in their class. While your looking check out the Tigers and their time.

Regardless of all that..track speed and football speed are certainly and distinctively different. All these questions will be answered in the Jungle on Friday. Bring your PomPoms  🤣🤣 

Are we really getting into track times? that’s a dangerous game to compare to the football field, ask West Rusk 😂. Both teams can fly. But you can’t use relay times, especially when both teams had a senior on them. And we are literally splitting hundredths of seconds of a difference. Best I can tell Timpson’s fastest time FAT 4x1 was 42.18, Daingerfield was 42.21. Timpson’s fastest FAT 4x2 was 1:28.88 and Daingerfield was 1:28.48. Literally within .04 of each other in the sprint and .4 in the 4x2. 

Again, both teams are fast on the track. Both teams are fast on the football field. The beauty of it is, this ain’t hypothetical. It’s very real Friday night. I’d bet both teams make a play or two along the way. We’ll see how it shakes out and everyone will have their opinions about it come 11:00 Friday night. 

Timpson is way more than just Bussey and Daingerfield is way more than just Hampton. Timpson will probably be the most dynamic spread offense Daingerfield has seen with these kids, and Daingerfield will be by far the best spread offense Timpson has seen. If either team slacks on defense it will get exposed by the other on Friday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Are we really getting into track times? that’s a dangerous game to compare to the football field, ask West Rusk 😂. Both teams can fly. But you can’t use relay times, especially when both teams had a senior on them. And we are literally splitting hundredths of seconds of a difference. Best I can tell Timpson’s fastest time FAT 4x1 was 42.18, Daingerfield was 42.21. Timpson’s fastest FAT 4x2 was 1:28.88 and Daingerfield was 1:28.48. Literally within .04 of each other in the sprint and .4 in the 4x2. 

Again, both teams are fast on the track. Both teams are fast on the football field. The beauty of it is, this ain’t hypothetical. It’s very real Friday night. I’d bet both teams make a play or two along the way. We’ll see how it shakes out and everyone will have their opinions about it come 11:00 Friday night. 

Timpson is way more than just Bussey and Daingerfield is way more than just Hampton. Timpson will probably be the most dynamic spread offense Daingerfield has seen with these kids, and Daingerfield will be by far the best spread offense Timpson has seen. If either team slacks on defense it will get exposed by the other on Friday. 

Awesome assessment vg. I've said the same thing.  We will all see in a few days. All will see what Blue Tiger Pride means in that Blue Jungle. 

9 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Hear him now 9T1, but believe him Friday.... We're gonna see exactly what's up 💯.  You will be facing something different in that Blue Jungle than what you're used to. 

Y’all will be facing athletes too, we will match you better than you think.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Nah no need to be disappointed Like I got said I got y’all picked to win state in y’all’s division!! But we faster over here 

Please fast forward to Friday!!  I’ve been excited about games before but not like this.  I’ll say it’s rare the amount of talent that will be displayed for both teams.  I expect a packed blue jungle!

• Like 2

Speed on the football - if 2 guys both can run 4.60 in the 40(in pads) but one guy is 5’7” and the other is 6’4”, the taller guy is going to seem faster on the football field…….taller guy will have a bigger catch radius and also have more length to grab a jersey/trip runner up/push a guy out of bounds while playing defense.  

14 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Please fast forward to Friday!!  I’ve been excited about games before but not like this.  I’ll say it’s rare the amount of talent that will be displayed for both teams.  I expect a packed blue jungle!

I'm on the same page with you 9T1. I'm ready for this one. Timpson fans can expect to be treated with the utmost courtesy and not be disrespected regardless of the outcome. I can't wait. 

Tiger Pride is more than the Tiger Athletes. It's the Fans, Children, Cheerleaders, Band and even the Announcers in the game. Let's Go

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I'm on the same page with you 9T1. I'm ready for this one. Timpson fans can expect to be treated with the utmost courtesy and not be disrespected regardless of the outcome. I can't wait. 

Right on KW.  I tried to smack talk with T09 just a little tiny bit earlier but I can’t fully commit even though it would be fun lol 

• LOL! 2

13 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Yeah I been wanting to see ole Terry play in person since last year.. yeah it’s gone be a lot of talent on that field

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Right on KW.  I tried to smack talk with T09 just a little tiny bit earlier but I can’t fully commit even though it would be fun lol 

It's all in good fun 9T1. After we spank y'all Friday I'll be rooting for the Bears the rest of the season. BTW man don't forget to stop and pay that man for my brakes 😆.He was a mean lil rascal when I told him you'd tighten him up in a couple of weeks 🤣 🤣 🤣