3A Div. II #4 Daingerfield Tigers vs 2A Div. I #1 Timpson Bears

tigernationfan

Who will win  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 11:00 PM

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Don't bring us in this crap.....I don't wanna see that kinda speed no mo. Trying to compare our running  game against them to what your running game against them will be like is apples to oranges. They took away our option pitches and jet sweeps and sweeps with their speed. We had to resort to running the FB dive behind Fite and Welch and then Watson in the middle of the field behind Fite and Welch......yall aint gonna be using any kinda scheme like that. DF's #7 will be faster than anybody on the field. Dude can take a bubble screen and turn it into 6 quick. DF's team speed is definitely better than Timpson's. Depth will be the biggest factor. Bussey and the skill players will be trying to stop vertical route after vertical route.....then turn around and try to move the ball on offense.....time after time after time after time. Aint got enough depth. 

Exactly E8.. Then when they are trying to cover the vertical routes, I'm hoping we go direct snap to Dco a few times.. They will definitely be distracted by the Wr's running their routes. We'll see soon 👀 

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

All night long 09. When they focus on stopping it we can hit the open reciever or look for a mismatch. 

I’m not sure you’re gonna find a mismatch in Timpsons secondary. If your QB isn’t accurate, he’ll pay for it

13 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I’m not sure you’re gonna find a mismatch in Timpsons secondary. If your QB isn’t accurate, he’ll pay for it

I hear ya.. I think plays will be made by both teams. It'll be a mismatch somewhere JMS, believe me. If we pull your secondary out to cover, you must rely on LB's to stop our QB or RB runs and screens. Tall order man. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I hear ya.. I think plays will be made by both teams. It'll be a mismatch somewhere JMS, believe me. If we pull your secondary out to cover, you must rely on LB's to stop or QB or RB runs or screens. Tall order man. 

I definitely agree. Our offensive line and defensive line is young. We don’t have enough depth for 4 quarters, in my opinion. Depth and inexperience on the lines will be a problem. This Bear team will definitely have to have some things go in their favor to have a chance. The margin of error is a lot smaller for Timpson. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I definitely agree. Our offensive line and defensive line is young. We don’t have enough depth for 4 quarters, in my opinion. Depth and inexperience on the lines will be a problem. This Bear team will definitely have to have some things go in their favor to have a chance. The margin of error is a lot smaller for Timpson. 

Yes, but Timpson does have some playmakers. Just gotta make it count. 

6 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I'm guessing you are referring to 2012? If so Dfield won that game in Mt Pleasant and went to State. Our RB J.B. Hurndon made all of them look slow when he took the kick(punt) return to the house for the Win. (60-70yrds)

That was Edwin "Bimp" Mimms lol.  In think JB had already graduated.  But you are correct Damien Haskins had no answer and he was certainly on the field because it was Haskins that punted the ball to Bimp.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Is the QB that come from waskom not playing QB?  He was very fast last year!! 

Yes....he had like 20 carries for 160 yards and 5 TDs against DF, had maybe 100 passing yards. Yes he is fast. DF just faster. They went and got him on a couple of occasions on runs that woulda been 6 against anybody else.

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yes....he had like 20 carries for 160 yards and 5 TDs against DF, had maybe 100 passing yards. Yes he is fast. DF just faster. They went and got him on a couple of occasions on runs that woulda been 6 against anybody else.

He is a heck of a Qb and he plays tough with all heart. He's fast and strong. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

That was Edwin "Bimp" Mimms lol.  In think JB had already graduated.  But you are correct Damien Haskins had no answer and he was certainly on the field because it was Haskins that punted the ball to Bimp.

New Boston was good that year and kept us on our toes. Both Gladney and Haskins were D1. Haskins to Oregon State and Gladney to TCU. They alone can't beat a complete team like the Tigers. 

6 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

Old boy is just a Tiger hater from Newton and we know it's plenty of them. I didn't think of it TNF, but you're right. This team does kinda reflect 2010 team. To me they compensate with speed  compared to the size per player on that team. Go Blue 🐅 

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yea not to many people going to catch him 

Chase Johnson, Jakevian Rodgers, Aeryn Hampton and Amarion Simon-Jones, Daingerfield: Johnson completed 14 of 26 passes for 403 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions and rushed for 51 yards in the Tigers’ win over Tatum. Rodgers caught seven passes for 207 yards and three touchdowns. Hampton had four catches for 107 yards and a TD, and Simon-Jones had three grabs for 89 yards and two scores.

8 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

Its was Reggie Scales, not Damien.