3A Div. II #4 Daingerfield Tigers vs 2A Div. I #1 Timpson Bears

tigernationfan

Who will win  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2022 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

New Boston was good that year and kept us on our toes. Both Gladney and Haskins were D1. Haskins to Oregon State and Gladney to TCU. They alone can't beat a complete team like the Tigers. 

Damien did have close to 400+yds of rushing the first game (NB won).. just saying

Just now, KrookedWolfe said:

He was a stud. Way faster than you'd think with his size. Oregon State recognized that although didn't give him very much playing time at all. 

Yea, that was unfortunate for him.  I wish he would have taken the offer from the smaller D1 school, he could have stepped on the turf, playing his first year and who knows what he could have become.  But he took the more flashy OSU and maybe 5-7 carries.  

13 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

He was a stud. Way faster than you'd think with his size. Oregon State recognized that although didn't give him very much playing time at all. 

18 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Damien did have close to 400+yds of rushing the first game (NB won).. just saying

He was fun to watch when it wasn't against us lol... that may be the best team yall ever fielded. 

1 minute ago, EastTxFinest said:

He was fun to watch when it wasn't against us lol... that may be the best team yall ever fielded. 

Thats a LOOOOONG time argument within the NB faithful.  what was the best team to come through, Haskins/Jefferson error or the 2014 team that went to the semi finals...  Guess we could never know

4 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yes....he had like 20 carries for 160 yards and 5 TDs against DF, had maybe 100 passing yards. Yes he is fast. DF just faster. They went and got him on a couple of occasions on runs that woulda been 6 against anybody else.

Y’all should be alright once district starts then huh man?!  I know cole watson was a great team leader for waskom..  put him with what y’all already had ,  i believe y’all will be just fine!

5 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Y’all should be alright once district starts then huh man?!  I know cole watson was a great team leader for waskom..  put him with what y’all already had ,  i believe y’all will be just fine!

I feel like we'll be in good shape when district starts. 

• Like 1

This ought to be a good game, depth won't play an issue in this game... I read the same stuff last year when timpson beat wsskom... will timpson win? IDK 

I'll be in attendance accompanied by a few of my smoaky bros!! Safe travels and good luck to both squads

56 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Thats a LOOOOONG time argument within the NB faithful.  what was the best team to come through, Haskins/Jefferson error or the 2014 team that went to the semi finals...  Guess we could never know

Yup kooldown I forgot about Jefferson.  He was smaller, but a very shifty RB. They were a good combination in the backfield. 

6 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Yup kooldown I forgot about Jefferson.  He was smaller, but a very shifty RB. They were a good combination in the backfield. 

They were!  Sad thing, we lost to Melissa in the qtr finals, in Commerce after being up 26-6 at half😤

3 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Old boy is just a Tiger hater from Newton and we know it's plenty of them. I didn't think of it TNF, but you're right. This team does kinda reflect 2010 team. To me they compensate with speed  compared to the size per player on that team. Go Blue 🐅 

Yes sir and also the Shakeem Jefferson (not sure on the first name but think it was shakeem) I think it was 2011 new boston had Jefferson and haskins as runningbacks. I honestly think the Jefferson kid was hella faster than haskins. Sure hated to hear about Gladney getting killed in Dallas from car accident.  He was a great dude, awesome player and was in I think his second year as a NFL player 

10 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

After reading some of these post, I was starting to wonder if Timpson was playing the ‘83 tigers. Lol

Nah JMS, you wouldn't want to think that and suffer a 76-0 loss with the Tigers on cruise control. Back in those days it was only one 3A and 1 team to the playoffs. Complete freak of nature athletes on the 83 & 85 State Champ teams(Def Ends &LBs) ranging 180-230lbs running 4.3-4.5 in the 40) 84 was good too, but lost to Medina Valley 14-7@State. Unrelated to Friday night, but hey you brought them up 😆 

22 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

What did Timpson return from last season? I know Bussey but who else returned from their dream season?

All but 1 skill position, lost most of the O and D line.  Gained several youngsters that are showing out so far. Only 3 seniors on this team. 

4 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Nah JMS, you wouldn't want to think that and suffer a 76-0 loss with the Tigers on cruise control. Back in those days it was only one 3A and 1 team to the playoffs. Complete freak of nature athletes on the 83 & 85 State Champ teams(Def Ends &LBs) ranging 180-230lbs running 4.3-4.5 in the 40) 84 was good too, but lost to Medina Valley 14-7@State. Unrelated to Friday night, but hey you brought them up 😆 

1983……L-K got 2nd in district behind Dfield………L-K got beat in bi-district by Pittsburg………2 teams from each district made the playoffs. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

1983……L-K got 2nd in district behind Dfield………L-K got beat in bi-district by Pittsburg………2 teams from each district made the playoffs. 

Thanks C84. I  guess it really never stuck out much in those days because the Tigers were always # 1 and I forget who finished behind them. I didn't remember Pitt being strong in 83, but I know they were tough in 85 with Williamson at Qb. L-K was pretty tough in 86 too right? 

39 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Thanks C84. I  guess it really never stuck out much in those days because the Tigers were always # 1 and I forget who finished behind them. I didn't remember Pitt being strong in 83, but I know they were tough in 85 with Williamson at Qb. L-K was pretty tough in 86 too right? 

I think it was 1987 when L-K beat Dfield in the 2nd round of playoffs in Marshall…….then lost by a point to Southlake Carroll………Dfield had their RB trying to cover Drayton for L-K and he finally ran out of gas - maybe Mims ?