Week 3: New Boston at Atlanta  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Boston
    • Atlanta

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm kind of up in the air here. 

How good is New Boston compared to last year? We got throttled last year lol!

I think we’re a little better offensively, meaning we have several other skill kids that can make plays. Defensively, hard to tell.  We couldn’t tackle a stationary dummy against Jefferson and only allowed 2 1st downs again QC

13 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

I think we’re a little better offensively, meaning we have several other skill kids that can make plays. Defensively, hard to tell.  We couldn’t tackle a stationary dummy against Jefferson and only allowed 2 1st downs again QC

I thought EF would be the best team we faced in preseason, but I think they very well may be down this year.

Either way, defense has played pretty good. They were a little forgiving in the first half yesterday, but made some adjustments and only allowed 27 yards in the 2nd half yesterday. 2 games in though, they haven't allowed any points. 

Our defense wasn't really bad last year, but our offense was horrendous. Throwing 3-5 interceptions a game doesn't give your defense much to rest on. This group seems to be a lot more careful with the ball though. Just a very young team. Lots of sophomores. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm kind of up in the air here. 

How good is New Boston compared to last year? We got throttled last year lol!

Shut up.....stop being "up in the air" every week lol. Yall are going into district 5-0 with that schedule. They got throttled by Jefferson 43-0. Yall resemble Jefferson. NB is not as good as last year, they went to the I formation and it didn't do them any favors. Sorry Kooldown....it is what it is. Atlanta by 20+ again. 

11 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I thought EF would be the best team we faced in preseason, but I think they very well may be down this year.

Either way, defense has played pretty good. They were a little forgiving in the first half yesterday, but made some adjustments and only allowed 27 yards in the 2nd half yesterday. 2 games in though, they haven't allowed any points. 

Our defense wasn't really bad last year, but our offense was horrendous. Throwing 3-5 interceptions a game doesn't give your defense much to rest on. This group seems to be a lot more careful with the ball though. Just a very young team. Lots of sophomores. 

I just watched ATL/RW game.  I’m liking NB chances a lot more now.  NB is faster, stronger and more physical than both EF and RW.  Guess we’ll see who, could be an evenly matched game

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Shut up.....stop being "up in the air" every week lol. Yall are going into district 5-0 with that schedule. They got throttled by Jefferson 43-0. Yall resemble Jefferson. NB is not as good as last year, they went to the I formation and it didn't do them any favors. Sorry Kooldown....it is what it is. Atlanta by 20+ again. 

Not a chance in hell ATL resembles Jeff, not even close, seen both teams.  Jeff would beat ATL as bad as they did NB.  And NB is not running the I formation, as a primary scheme.  They’ve been known to go to it on occasion but its not their offense 

16 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Not a chance in hell ATL resembles Jeff, not even close, seen both teams.  Jeff would beat ATL as bad as they did NB.  And NB is not running the I formation, as a primary scheme.  They’ve been known to go to it on occasion but its not their offense 

That's what I saw against Jeffy but maybe I didn't watch enough. Jeffy is not that good imo. Atlanta is better imo. But we shall see this week I suppose. 

52 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Haha we do still have to play L-E. 

1 hour ago, kooldown54 said:

I just watched ATL/RW game.  I’m liking NB chances a lot more now.  NB is faster, stronger and more physical than both EF and RW.  Guess we’ll see who, could be an evenly matched game

I could only hope y'all are faster than RW. It was funny watching one of our corners cover a wide receiver. He was so much faster, they tried to get him on a pump fake and he bit on it a little, the QB threw it up, overthrew the wide receiver, and our corner still got his hands on the ball. 

QC give up good field position most of the game. So most of y'all scoring drives came for 40 yards in expect your first drive. We do pretty good against the run. I would not sleep on RW by way they played us pretty hard. Offensively we are young but looking better every  week. 

18 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

QC give up good field position most of the game. So most of y'all scoring drives came for 40 yards in expect your first drive. We do pretty good against the run. I would not sleep on RW by way they played us pretty hard. Offensively we are young but looking better every  week. 

We're gonna have to hit those wide open receivers though. Hopefully we got that little bit out of our system. If we had connected on all those open receivers it would have been ugly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Kid is a baller though. I like this team. We have 2 more years with the majority of them. 

That's the silver lining in it all. We are young and I really do love the Senior leadership as well. Coach Morton is doing good job of having our kids ready and what I  appreciate even more in his attention to details and adjustments after the half. 

11 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

That's the silver lining in it all. We are young and I really do love the Senior leadership as well. Coach Morton is doing good job of having our kids ready and what I  appreciate even more in his attention to details and adjustments after the half. 

Man the halftime adjustments were real, especially on defense. That's a breath of fresh air.