Sportsjunkiee

Week 3: New Boston at Atlanta  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Boston
    • Atlanta

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I could only hope y'all are faster than RW. It was funny watching one of our corners cover a wide receiver. He was so much faster, they tried to get him on a pump fake and he bit on it a little, the QB threw it up, overthrew the wide receiver, and our corner still got his hands on the ball. 

We might not be faster than RW. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, frozeng03 said:

QC give up good field position most of the game. So most of y'all scoring drives came for 40 yards in expect your first drive. We do pretty good against the run. I would not sleep on RW by way they played us pretty hard. Offensively we are young but looking better every  week. 

Because NB’s D only allowed 2-1st downs and -5 total yards of offense for QC

On 9/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

We're gonna have to hit those wide open receivers though. Hopefully we got that little bit out of our system. If we had connected on all those open receivers it would have been ugly. 

On 9/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

Kid is a baller though. I like this team. We have 2 more years with the majority of them. 

There was an open competition for every position except QB in the fall camp. Harrison was handed the position on day 1. The coaches obviously wanted a united locker room and that makes sense. But there are options on varsity and JV that don’t miss those open throws. If he struggles like that again in a close game it will be magnified. 

4 hours ago, SD99 said:

There was an open competition for every position except QB in the fall camp. Harrison was handed the position on day 1. The coaches obviously wanted a united locker room and that makes sense. But there are options on varsity and JV that don’t miss those open throws. If he struggles like that again in a close game it will be magnified. 

Who was the other option?

9 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Who was the other option?

There are three kids on varsity that have QB experience. Dickerson, Limbrick, and Riley. Saw Limbrick throw pregame against Redwater and he throws a very good ball. I believe Riley and even Owens on JV are more accurate than Harrison. That’s not Harrison’s strength but he is definitely a leader and a gamer. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SD99 said:

There are three kids on varsity that have QB experience. Dickerson, Limbrick, and Riley. Saw Limbrick throw pregame against Redwater and he throws a very good ball. I believe Riley and even Owens on JV are more accurate than Harrison. That’s not Harrison’s strength but he is definitely a leader and a gamer. 

I believe coach see and know the option that are available. Glad to see dim back as an option. I believe when looking at the future, Harrison is the best option. Need to know the difference when to throw a fastball and just playing pitch and catch. 

16 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Love being the underdogs!! 

Until that 48-12 thrashing is erased, I do believe Atlanta is the underdog. I also believe NB turned the ball over 5 times against Jefferson. Jefferson had short field all night. So that point can be washed out. NB is a better team than that showing. Qc, well it’s Qc.   I still will take Atlanta 27-16 in a dawg fight. Both teams should be ready to play!

8 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Until that 48-12 thrashing is erased, I do believe Atlanta is the underdog. I also believe NB turned the ball over 5 times against Jefferson. Jefferson had short field all night. So that point can be washed out. NB is a better team than that showing. Qc, well it’s Qc.   I still will take Atlanta 27-16 in a dawg fight. Both teams should be ready to play!

NB will be the underdogs against  ANY team they step on the field with.  Just the way folks think of the program.  As far as ATL, they’ll be ready and they’ll score some points but so will NB.  Their D hasn’t need tested AT ALL in their first 2, against EF and RW.  QC wasn’t much of a test for NB either and Jefferson just had way more athletes amd speed than NB.  

30 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

NB will be the underdogs against  ANY team they step on the field with.  Just the way folks think of the program.  As far as ATL, they’ll be ready and they’ll score some points but so will NB.  Their D hasn’t need tested AT ALL in their first 2, against EF and RW.  QC wasn’t much of a test for NB either and Jefferson just had way more athletes amd speed than NB.  

I’m with ya but Atlanta has some of those same athletes as well. Your right they haven’t been tested but giving up 0 points back to back weeks is still pretty good, irregardless who u play. They seem like they are playing with a different swag this year.  It’s gonna be a good one for sure. It will definitely give Nb and Atlanta a good measuring stick to where they are at. I personally don’t believe it’s a blowout either way. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dadgoat said:

I’m with ya but Atlanta has some of those same athletes as well. Your right they haven’t been tested but giving up 0 points back to back weeks is still pretty good, irregardless who u play. They seem like they are playing with a different swag this year.  It’s gonna be a good one for sure. It will definitely give Nb and Atlanta a good measuring stick to where they are at. I personally don’t believe it’s a blowout either way. 

I'm right there with you. In a glorified practice, they seemed to look pretty good against Daingerfield. We definitely have some speed, and I do think you're on to something with the swag. I noticed it in the very first scrimmage, that there have been some drastic changes, as you would assume would come with any new coaching staff. 

That being said, through this much of the season, I've liked the coach's approach to the boys. They seem to have good relationships with the boys, and I think that goes a long ways. I hope to see them continue their success. I haven't personally met Coach Morton, but he seems like a dawg on the field. 

I also don't believe NB is an underdog either lol. I remember the thrashing last year. It was rough. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm right there with you. In a glorified practice, they seemed to look pretty good against Daingerfield. We definitely have some speed, and I do think you're on to something with the swag. I noticed it in the very first scrimmage, that there have been some drastic changes, as you would assume would come with any new coaching staff. 

That being said, through this much of the season, I've liked the coach's approach to the boys. They seem to have good relationships with the boys, and I think that goes a long ways. I hope to see them continue their success. I haven't personally met Coach Morton, but he seems like a dawg on the field. 

I also don't believe NB is an underdog either lol. I remember the thrashing last year. It was rough. 

always will be!!