Week 3 Tenaha Tigers at Joaquin Rams (1-1)

trueblue82

Tigers or Rams?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Rams win their 8th straight HOCO?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2022 at 11:00 PM

A few thoughts from Ol’ TRUEBLUE:

I kinda saw this one coming. It was an epic mismatch at the line of scrimmage, and that’s where football games are won and lost. I was hoping to see a better game from Tenaha, but they couldn’t get anything going offensively, and their defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed. They have even bigger problems than the issue in the trenches though. That’s a team that, at times, looks undisciplined, which is not something you expect from that coaching staff. The same kid fumbled away two fair catches on kickoffs, giving the offense they couldn’t stop a short field both times. Add the bad snap on their first punt to that and you have given your opponent 3 short fields in the first half. Several defensive offsides penalties that affected down and distance helped us a bunch. Hopefully they get it together quickly. They have four really tough games in a row coming up. 

2 hours ago, SimmerDown said:

Rams are well coached every year .  Just seem to get hit by the injury bug.   Hoping they stay healthy this year.  

A lot of the injuries (in my humble opinion) are because of the nature of the slot t, or wing t, style. There are so many moving parts bunched in tight. 

The Rams have had a lot of success with this style for a long time and the current bunch is a tough group that will be hard to beat! 

As a fan of the game though I would like to see some balance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

A few thoughts from Ol’ TRUEBLUE:

I kinda saw this one coming. It was an epic mismatch at the line of scrimmage, and that’s where football games are won and lost. I was hoping to see a better game from Tenaha, but they couldn’t get anything going offensively, and their defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed. They have even bigger problems than the issue in the trenches though. That’s a team that, at times, looks undisciplined, which is not something you expect from that coaching staff. The same kid fumbled away two fair catches on kickoffs, giving the offense they couldn’t stop a short field both times. Add the bad snap on their first punt to that and you have given your opponent 3 short fields in the first half. Several defensive offsides penalties that affected down and distance helped us a bunch. Hopefully they get it together quickly. They have four really tough games in a row coming up. 

My first time seeing both teams.  Joaquin has more speed this year.  Hopefully y’all stay healthy. 

Wish we had scheduled Joe this year in predistrict instead of some 3a two and a half hours away in corsicana..or three hours away north of Greenville..would have been Hella better competition and rivalry.

My intention was to catch the alto /SA Game then come down and watch this one,but after being out till midnight Friday and the injured youngun in our game with arp (kids home and OK) I was just drained emotionally and didn't want to travel. By the way,saw the tenaha rep at our game Friday and by the look on his face,he was not amused with what he saw at all...lol 

As an added thought,yall all say a prayer for the young man from Troup who was injured Friday night,and maybe one for his family ✌️Have a blessed Sunday,chain out