***Week 3: San Augustine Wolves (0-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-1)- SATURDAY | 2:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

San Augustine @ Alto  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2022 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the San Augustine Wolves this Saturday at Cam’ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium; kick-off has been moved to SATURDAY at 2:00 p.m. The Jackets won the 599th game in program history this past Friday by defeating the West Sabine Tigers 48-22 to even the season record at 1-1; it was Coach Grigsby’s first career win as a head coach! The Wolfpack fought hard against Tenaha but fell in an overtime nail biter 12-6. In Week 1 SA fell to Hemphill 44-0 while Alto fell to Shelbyville 48-44. This will be the 31st meeting between the schools with Alto leading the series 20-10-0. Usually a battle between these two!

Who ya got?

4DE56BDA-6D00-472D-81AE-619FF7F3F7DA.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 3: San Augustine Wolves (0-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-1)- Friday | 7:30 p.m.***
6 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I’m curious to see if the SA offense gets a little better this week and if they can put some drives together they may upset Alto at home.  

I don’t see a blowout either way. 

Good to see you Wofman! Are you coming to the game? Come say hi if so.

I think it will be a tight game. Y’all were way up on us at the half last year. The second half was ours. I never count out SA though! Total respect. Kind of weird y’all come to us two years in a row ….

7 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Interesting game,until things change Alto is in our district,and I will always pull for a dist mate, alto by a field goal,yall got a kicker #StingemAlto lol 

Man oh man. It will NOT be by a field goal. 😂 We have yet to KICK (attempt!) an extra point in two games. Send one of your extras over here. We’ll gladly take him!

1 hour ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I feel alto should handle this one. At least 3 TD.  

Don’t see it.  If y’all haven’t lost to Shelbyville you would think Alto runs away with it.  Hemphill just destroyed Shelbyville.  Wolves have played upper competition for the past two weeks compared to Alto.  Not saying SA would beat Alto.  Just not going to be by 3 scores. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Don’t see it.  If y’all haven’t lost to Shelbyville you would think Alto runs away with it.  Hemphill just destroyed Shelbyville.  Wolves have played upper competition for the past two weeks compared to Alto.  Not saying SA would beat Alto.  Just not going to be by 3 scores. 

That game was a tell of two halves. Alto turned on differently in the second half. Shelbyville got a couple blown coverages on big pass plays that won them that game.   I do think SA keeps it close for 1st half with alto pulling away late

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

That game was a tell of two halves. Alto turned on differently in the second half. Shelbyville got a couple blown coverages on big pass plays that won them that game.   I do think SA keeps it close for 1st half with alto pulling away late

Totally correct of your assessment on the Alto/Shelbyville game. Two blown coverages by Alto or they win. 

Also, I bet if Alto played us again they would run to the edge a LOT more. 

I also agree that SA will keep it close, but Alto will handle business in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I think it will be a closer game than 3 scores; of course I would take 3 scores! I like jacketgrad06’s thinking. Lol

I watched the Tenaha - SA game film. Lots of penalties. Seems like Tenaha shot themselves in the foot on several drives. SA’s TD was very dramatic with the gang tackling/stripping of the ball by Tenaha and then the SA guy picking it up and running 40+ yards for the score. SA has a ton of kids. Couldn’t believe how many were on the sideline! Did they dress everyone? Was there a JV game the night before?

We made some good adjustments at the half of the Shelbyville game. Allowed one TD in the second half. I was shocked Hemphill did what they did. They must be pretty dang good to put up those numbers two weeks in a row.

Our defense is getting better. Our offense has put up some good numbers point-wise as well as yardage wise. Quite a few weapons. I’m looking forward to Friday night!

Week 3 Prep Football Previews: 

San Augustine Wolves (0-2) at Alto Yellowjackets (1-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Cam'ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium: Home of the Mean Sting

Head coaches: Tory Barnes, San Augustine, Brock Grigsby, Alto

Last Week: Tenaha 12, San Augustine 6 (OT); Alto 48, Pineland-West Sabine 22

Next Week: Anahuac at San Augustine; Alto at Garrison

Game notes: Wolves held undefeated Tenaha to 12 points last week...Alto has not had any trouble scoring points this year, so a good test could be in store for the Mean Sting... San Augustine is not your typical 0-2 team... Look for a good effort from the Yellowjackets with a road trip to Garrison awaiting next week.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/week-3-prep-football-previews-several-potential-nail-biters-on-the-docket/article_23bcaafa-2ef3-11ed-8b80-0799f2cff2e8.html

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 3: San Augustine Wolves (0-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-1)- SATURDAY | 2:00 p.m.***