***Week 3: San Augustine Wolves (0-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-1)- SATURDAY | 2:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

San Augustine @ Alto  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2022 at 12:30 AM

23 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Was told one time by a pretty smart fellow,when you come out of one Era and start another, it takes about five years to reset your table...an entire freshman class has to matriculate through before the mindset can change...just keep cooking and yall be alright..

*unless you’re from Carthage. Lol

But yeah. I think that smart man is onto something. Keep grinding!

Alto Defeats Wolves, 22-8, to earn 600th win in school history

ALTO - Alto recorded the 600th gridiron win in school history on Saturday afternoon at Cam'Ron Matthews Field at Yellowjacket Stadium by defeating San Augustine, 22-8.

The game was originally scheduled to hav e taken place on Friday night, but an officials shortage forced the game to be moved back to Saturday.

The Mean Sting improved to 2-1 with the win and will travel to Garrison (2-1) on Friday. Garrison lost its most recent game, a 25-22 setback to Warren.

Keegan Davis, Jackson Duplichain and Rashawn Mumphrey spearheaded the Alto offensive attack.

Davis, the Mean Sting quarterback, carried 16 times for 146 yards. He also went 9-20-0 through the air for 104 yards and one touchdown strike, a 5-yard scoring strike to Landen Cook.

Duplichain added 64 yards on eight scampers, which included a 1-yard touchdown plunge.

Mumphrey, who burst into the end zone from five yards out, accounted for the Jackets' remaining score.

The Yellowjackets amassed 363 total yards against the 0-3 Wolves, with 257 coming on the ground.

Leading tacklers for Alto were Cook with 12 take downs and four tackles for loss and Zach Battle, who added 12 stops, three tackles for loss and a fumble recovery.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/alto-wallops-wolves-22-8-to-earn-600th-win-in-school-history/article_f3cfaae8-317e-11ed-8eb2-939c68a446ea.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&ta_sso=92ee124bd435b989b9407e782f23e65c_631df17e_315c

4 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

*unless you’re from Carthage. Lol

But yeah. I think that smart man is onto something. Keep grinding!

The SA freshman class is stacked! My son played against them last year in the 8th grade. 

We actually scrimmaged them early and did OK, but at the end of the year we played them for the district championship and they were much better! Whipped us pretty good! 

44 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

The SA freshman class is stacked! My son played against them last year in the 8th grade. 

We actually scrimmaged them early and did OK, but at the end of the year we played them for the district championship and they were much better! Whipped us pretty good! 

My nephew is his half brother and goes to Huntington.  Been trying to get my mom to send him back to SA lol.  He is awesome on the d line.  Had 17 tackles against Elkhart two weeks ago and only a sophomore.  Terry Teagle is their great uncle. Their dad played on the SA 03 State Championship team.  A nice bloodline full of athletes.  

4 hours ago, Wolfman said:

My nephew is his half brother and goes to Huntington.  Been trying to get my mom to send him back to SA lol.  He is awesome on the d line.  Had 17 tackles against Elkhart two weeks ago and only a sophomore.  Terry Teagle is their great uncle. Their dad played on the SA 03 State Championship team.  A nice bloodline full of athletes.  

If you are talking about the kid that plays QB I know some of his family I think would be on his moms side? 

Some of the Cartwrights from Oakdale. I go WAYYY back with those people. A lot of bloodline there too!