Tyler High @ Mesquite Horn

cujoforlife

Tyler @ Mesquite Horn   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

What can I say? That was a hard lose. The Cujo defense did play a little bit better then week one, but the offensive line still needs better play To give to qb and rb more time to find WR or the holes to run through  The turnovers and the penalties have to be cut way down.

1 minute ago, cujoforlife said:

What can I say? They was a hard lose. The Cujo defense did play a little bit better then weak one, but we still offensive line still needs better play. To give to qb and rb more time to find WR and the hole. The turnovers and the penalties have to be cut way down.

Were you intoxicated when you typed this?

I don’t even know how to respond. 

what?  Lmao. Sorry. 

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

What can I say? That was a hard lose. The Cujo defense did play a little bit better then week one, but the offensive line still needs better play To give to qb and rb more time to find WR  and the hole. The turnovers and the penalties have to be cut way down.

🤔

These teams have played alot over the years and they typically end in a blow out by one team or the other. The last competitive game 2012 when JT won by 5 points. Horn has two wins but West Plano and Bowie are below average teams. Most of Horn's talent is on the defensive side of the ball. Three of our db's are P5 commits and the 4th one will play college ball somewhere. DE Armstrong Nnodim will be a P5 kid. The season is still early but so far our strengths has been special teams. Last two games have produced two kick off returns for touchdowns and we are averaging nearly 30 yards a punt return. Defense has been sporadic and is a work in progress. So far the offense has been carried by two players. Chris Dawn had 7 touches in week 1 and scored 5 times. Titus Muse rushed for 248 yards in week 2 and scored on a 85 yard kick off return. Our passing game needs lots of work. The O-line has not been very good in pass blocking and our huge QB 6'1 235 is not a runner at all.  Put these two together and you get a bad passing game. Hopefully they can get things figured out. I have not seen JT play this year but suspect this will be a close game and could honestly go either way. I will say our new coaching staff has completely changed the culture at Horn. Coach Allen got a late start and did not complete his staff until two weeks before the season started. I suspect this game will come down to which coaching staff makes the biggest leap from game two to game three.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 6:11 PM, 3rdcoastent said:

Alright Cujo, Labor Day is over let’s talk some Cujo football on what we need to do for as what pieces need to go where to get Cujo on track and will this team to a successful season.

QB’s I like the potential I see in Williams and he is the QB for the future, however I feel we need to go with Jones at this point. Your thoughts.

1 hour ago, cujo2016 said:

Alright Cujo, Labor Day is over let’s talk some Cujo football on what we need to do for as what pieces need to go where to get Cujo on track and will this team to a successful season.

QB’s I like the potential I see in Williams and he is the QB for the future, however I feel we need to go with Jones at this point. Your thoughts.

I think they need to stick with Jones also. He just needs to quit trying to be Lamar Jackson with all that unnecessary running. 

2 hours ago, VonG said:

I think they need to stick with Jones also. He just needs to quit trying to be Lamar Jackson with all that unnecessary running. 

Yes, and I’ll have to say I was a little unfair on McFall on losing a step or two. It is the way they are using him on the run, straight out of the backfield, though he was running hard up the middle. They should go back to using him like Deebo Samuel is used by SF.

If I recall, we were in this same scenario before Cadillac took over as the starter. I remember him holding onto the ball to long, waiting to long before he ran. Not saying Jones is Cadillac, we will have to wait and see.

It does seems as if our practices before the season are not getting us ready for live football, and our preseason have been weighing heavy on it. Let’s get it done, we’ve been here before. JMO

23 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Legacy had about the same. It was an ugly game by both teams 

It may have been ugly for as executing the X’s & O’s but it was a very entertaining event. It is what we get and I look forward to when these two teams meet, with other competitions as well.