Tyler High @ Mesquite Horn

cujoforlife

Tyler @ Mesquite Horn   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, VonG said:

I'm a say this.  I'm not going to put everything on the coaches. Our kids are soft and they feel entitled. I don't see no sense of urgency from either school. Where are the go getters and hard knocks at?

we disagree. I don't blame the kids at all.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

we disagree. I don't blame the kids at all.

So it's the coaches fault when the players gets penalties. Is it their fault when the players turn the ball over, miss tackles, miss blocking assignments,  don't play with passion and effort. The coaches calls the plays. It's up to the players to execute them. Now I fault the coaches when they leave players in and they are not getting the job done. That's the problem, kids never get the blame for what they do. I'm talking in life not just football. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VonG said:

So it's the coaches fault when the players gets penalties. Is it their fault when the players turn the ball over, miss tackles, miss blocking assignments,  don't play with passion and effort. The coaches calls the plays. It's up to the players to execute them. Now I fault the coaches when they leave players in and they are not getting the job done. That's the problem, kids never get the blame for what they do. I'm talking in life not just football. 

true. the other side of the argument is that the kids aren't being put in a position to win, that's why they are making mistakes.

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

true. the other side of the argument is that the kids aren't being put in a position to win, that's why they are making mistakes.

I can go with that. But it's not all the coaches fault. I said that earlier. It's on both parties. JT has no reason to be this bad when they return so many players. I don't know what the problem is. I can guarantee you this. I don't see no leadership coming from the players. This reminds me of the 2001 team that had so many pieces coming back and they never got it together. They wasn't this bad though. 

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

I can go with that. But it's not all the coaches fault. I said that earlier. It's on both parties. JT has no reason to be this bad when they return so many players. I don't know what the problem is. I can guarantee you this. I don't see no leadership coming from the players. This reminds me of the 2001 team that had so many pieces coming back and they never got it together. They wasn't this bad though. 

2001 team beat Katy 1st game of season and went 5-5.  This team is something else.

This offense doesn't work without a good qb.  You saw that in previous yrs and last yr when Holt got hurt. That's on coaches.

The def hasn't been great for a while. They got new coord's but these guys all worked under the previous person. So that's why there probably hasn't been a big change.

Coach Holmes has been a good coach for JT. The numbers say that. I can understand his loyalty to these coaches. Maybe he will identify the problems and fix them by next yr. Lots of players coming back next yr too.

40 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

2001 team beat Katy 1st game of season and went 5-5.  This team is something else.

This offense doesn't work without a good qb.  You saw that in previous yrs and last yr when Holt got hurt. That's on coaches.

The def hasn't been great for a while. They got new coord's but these guys all worked under the previous person. So that's why there probably hasn't been a big change.

Coach Holmes has been a good coach for JT. The numbers say that. I can understand his loyalty to these coaches. Maybe he will identify the problems and fix them by next yr. Lots of players coming back next yr too.

I have a question for you. Would changing the offense work? We have seen some coaches going to back to hybrid old school offense. The school that liberty Hill scrimmaged was running a hybrid flexbone out of the pistol. It seems to me something like that would take a lot of the focus off of the QB making big plays with his arm focus more on managing the offense.

50 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I only compared them to 2001 because they had so many coming back. I did say 2001 wasn't this bad though.  2001 under achieved. This team will definitely under achieve. They could turn it around but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VonG said:

The coaches have to put the kids in the position to be successful, which they don’t do. They put players in the game that give half effort, etc. if those players are doing all of that then as a coach it is YOUR job to either pull that player or develop them to be more disciplined in that aspect, which the coaches haven’t worked on either. Their is no excuse with all the talent and players coming back that they are 0-3. NO EXCUSE. A good coach would be 3-0 or 2-1 with what we got. But we don’t have good coaches which is why no one fears us. You got non Tyler high fans that I speak too that root for elite teams and see the coaches are the problem also. It’s an issue. But if you wanna keep Holmes and win 2-3 games a year for the next 5-10 years you can have him lol. Cause that’s what’s gonna happen in the future. I won’t waste my money on watching mediocrity. Might as well see the ugly stuff for free online. 

20 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

The coaches have to put the kids in the position to be successful, which they don’t do. They put players in the game that give half effort, etc. if those players are doing all of that then as a coach it is YOUR job to either pull that player or develop them to be more disciplined in that aspect, which the coaches haven’t worked on either. Their is no excuse with all the talent and players coming back that they are 0-3. NO EXCUSE. A good coach would be 3-0 or 2-1 with what we got. But we don’t have good coaches which is why no one fears us. You got non Tyler high fans that I speak too that root for elite teams and see the coaches are the problem also. It’s an issue. But if you wanna keep Holmes and win 2-3 games a year for the next 5-10 years you can have him lol. Cause that’s what’s gonna happen in the future. I won’t waste my money on watching mediocrity. Might as well see the ugly stuff for free online. 

Everyone keeps saying all this talent. Where is it? The offensive line nor defensive line has talent. That's were the game is won or lost. The trenches are the most important pieces for a football team to be successful. I will say JT has talent in the skill position players. Other than that there is not much talent. That could be the reason that they are 0-3. If you can't open up holes for the running backs to run through or sustain your blocks how can the qb be successful. That's why they only had 46 total yards. The line is not doing their job on offense or defense.

Maybe the coaches haven't replaced players with half azz effort is because the backups are not good enough or ready to play. The coaches would know. They watch them practice everyday. I'm not saying coaches aren't part of the problem. What I am saying is, the kids deserve alot of the blame also. It's a two way street. All parties involved have to take the initiative to get better and be better prepared to execute the game plan. 

21 hours ago, VonG said:

Everyone keeps saying all this talent. Where is it? The offensive line nor defensive line has talent. That's were the game is won or lost. The trenches are the most important pieces for a football team to be successful. I will say JT has talent in the skill position players. Other than that there is not much talent. That could be the reason that they are 0-3. If you can't open up holes for the running backs to run through or sustain your blocks how can the qb be successful. That's why they only had 46 total yards. The line is not doing their job on offense or defense.

Maybe the coaches haven't replaced players with half azz effort is because the backups are not good enough or ready to play. The coaches would know. They watch them practice everyday. I'm not saying coaches aren't part of the problem. What I am saying is, the kids deserve alot of the blame also. It's a two way street. All parties involved have to take the initiative to get better and be better prepared to execute the game plan. 

They got players on both lines with college offers. 

I ain't buying for one minute that Tyler, which is the basically the only city in East Texas that is growing, has less football talent than other nearby cities.  Historically that has never been the case.  Maybe the coaches have tried, but it appears they need try something else.  Texas High brought in a new staff and they are easily the second best big school program in East Texas. 7 games to go.  Lets see what happens.

56 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I ain't buying for one minute that Tyler, which is the basically the only city in East Texas that is growing, has less football talent than other nearby cities.  Historically that has never been the case.  Maybe the coaches have tried, but it appears they need try something else.  Texas High brought in a new staff and they are easily the second best big school program in East Texas. 7 games to go.  Lets see what happens.

Exactly. But they say the coaches not the problem lol 🤣🤣. Man if this staff was at good program they would’ve been fired after year 2. Our fans are ok with 0-3 so they get to stay lol. Wow….

36 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Exactly. But they say the coaches not the problem lol 🤣🤣. Man if this staff was at good program they would’ve been fired after year 2. Our fans are ok with 0-3 so they get to stay lol. Wow….

he has earned the right to get this fixed.based on his past success. but I don't know many more bad seasons he can have before a change is made.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Having one or 2 players with offers doesn't mean the line is talented. Nobody on either side of the line is getting the job. Offers or no offers. 

I'm not saying Tyler as a whole doesn't have talent. The problem is to many people are eating off Tyler's plate and it's not enough to go around. JT and Lee are basically larger they have ever been but both programs have regress in sports. The reason why. You already know. I don't have to beat a dead horse on this subject. 

Tisd redrawing the lines really hurt each school when it comes to sports. Instead of having one good team and one average team. We are now stuck with two bad teams. I'm a firm believer in letting kids go to the school they want to go to like they did 4 years ago.

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Having one or 2 players with offers doesn't mean the line is talented. Nobody on either side of the line is getting the job. Offers or no offers. 

I'm not saying Tyler as a whole doesn't have talent. The problem is to many people are eating off Tyler's plate and it's not enough to go around. JT and Lee are basically larger they have ever been but both programs have regress in sports. The reason why. You already know. I don't have to beat a dead horse on this subject. 

Tisd redrawing the lines really hurt each school when it comes to sports. Instead of having one good team and one average team. We are now stuck with two bad teams. I'm a firm believer in letting kids go to the school they want to go to like they did 4 years ago.

I understand. but I see no reason why they both can't be good.  They have both had good teams at the same time in the past. The problem now, is there ain't no Mike Owens or Allen Wilson in place. 

Again, Tyler's population has grown by 20,000 people since the late 90s, which is alot more than any other place in East Texas.  No way I believe there is less talent in Tyler compared to other cities in East Texas. 

Just now, JTFAN99 said:

I understand. but I see no reason why they both can't be good.  They have both had good teams at the same time in the past. The problem now, is there ain't no Mike Owens or Allen Wilson in place. 

Again, Tyler's population has grown by 20,000 people since the late 90s.  No way I believe there is less talent in Tyler compared to other cities in East Texas. 

I know they can be good at the same time. We've seen it before. We also didn't have as many schools eating off of Tyler's plate back then when they were coaching said schools. All this population growth is not the growth that's going to help your athletic program.