New Waverly, Newton, or Hemphill? Is the district up for grabs?

HeatTested

I would say it is a little early to count Newton out. Woodville hung close with Franklin last week and won this one. Could be woodville is just a good ball club. 

New Waverly and Hemphill both look stout though. Should be interesting, but to to be the champ you have to beat the champ. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I would say it is a little early to count Newton out. Woodville hung close with Franklin last week and won this one. Could be woodville is just a good ball club. 

New Waverly and Hemphill both look stout though. Should be interesting, but to to be the champ you have to beat the champ. 

Truth rite there,all the way through that assessment 

I have had an eye on NW since i saw them play WR last year.............. have seen some people say they have had some struggles keeping guys healthy up front................. we will know how real they are after this week..... hemphill is playing a weak schedule it seems NE scheduled their pre district up...... everyone they are playing is bigger 

10 hours ago, Rowebot said:

I have had an eye on NW since i saw them play WR last year.............. have seen some people say they have had some struggles keeping guys healthy up front................. we will know how real they are after this week..... hemphill is playing a weak schedule it seems NE scheduled their pre district up...... everyone they are playing is bigger 

Newton does that. They’ll play most anybody. Haven’t looked at this years schedule, but for a couple years they were playing WO-S. Newton in a down year is still among the elite in their class. 

• Like 1

I doubt it had anything to do with being scared. San Augustine and west Sabine are decades old rivalries that everybody want to see continue.  Kirbyville is not a bad matchup and shelbyville was supposed to be a lot stronger. I’m not defending it but I’m quite sure it wasn’t  fear. Yes Newton sometime takes a couple nondistrict losses, but they’re always playing up against strong teams.  

5 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I doubt it had anything to do with being scared. San Augustine and west Sabine are decades old rivalries that everybody want to see continue.  Kirbyville is not a bad matchup and shelbyville was supposed to be a lot stronger. I’m not defending it but I’m quite sure it wasn’t  fear. Yes Newton sometime takes a couple nondistrict losses, but they’re always playing up against strong teams.  

Kirbyville is stout this year!   We play them Friday,  their line is huge and their running backs run very hard 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

They was saying their RB #9 is like the 13th strongest kid in the state ..  don’t know how much truth it is to it ..  

but they look like a pretty good football team , much improved from a few years ago 

They were terrible a couple years ago so average would be a plus lol but either way CC should win