Paris 0-2 @ Gilmer 2-0

SHillBuckeye

Paris @ Gilmer   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This one will get ugly fast. Paris played pretty hard against Celina, but they were overwhelmed by Celina’s size, speed and depth. The Wildcats QB is quick and athletic and he — along with over 200 yards of penalties by the Bobcats — is all that kept the game against Celina as close as it was. Paris could not stop the Bobcats rushing attack at all. We threw for 260ish and rushed for 200ish, averaged about 6 yards per carry too. Offensively, Paris seemed to have 2-3 plays they wanted to run and after the first quarter, they had no success, even against the 2nd and 3rd team of Celina.

Paris is athletic like always, but as others have mentioned, they’re young. You can tell. Tough start to the season for the Wildcats, as they’re staring at an 0-3 start. Still have a chance to make the playoffs, as long as their spirits aren’t broken by the time district comes.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:48 PM, StangtilDeath said:

Max preps has gilmer beating Paris 66-7 on their last match up.  I don't remember this game.

Gilmer played Paris at Paris in 2018 and lost, then lost the next year (2019) at home. I have no idea what game MaxPreps is talking about.  I think Gilmer blew them out in 2004, but I’m pretty sure there have been games b/t 2004-2018. 

the back to back losses were to really good Paris teams. A lot of talent. They never could get by Argyle, however. 

14 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer played Paris at Paris in 2018 and lost, then lost the next year (2019) at home. I have no idea what game MaxPreps is talking about.  I think Gilmer blew them out in 2004, but I’m pretty sure there have been games b/t 2004-2018. 

the back to back losses were to really good Paris teams. A lot of talent. They never could get by Argyle, however. 

I agree

This one will be over quick. Midway through the 2nd.  Paris looks really bad.  Not the Paris teams of the last 5 years. Those had speed everywhere. I watched the LE game. That game should have been 60+ for LE. 

I look for this to be a 60+ point game for Gilmer.  Paris may score 1 TD late.  Looking for Tennison to get some good in game practice.  Looks good so far, but has so much potential as a Soph.  Gonna be fun the next 3 years

50-7 Final.  Okay, a few quick observations

1.  Paris is really down.  Only score came on a kick return for a touchdown late in the 4th.  Paris offense probably averaged less than 2 yards a carry rushing and about the same passing.  Outside of penalties, Paris only got 2-3 first downs the entire game.

2.  Gilmer defense was bigger, stronger, and faster than Paris.  I was surprised at the talent disparity.  The last two games Gilmer played against Paris, Gilmer was physically pushed all over the field.  The reverse happened tonight.

3.  Gilmer offense didn’t play well and still put up 48 pts (2 points on a safety).  Passing game wasn’t crisp at times.  But running game was best it’s been this season.  Just hope Tennison wasn’t seriously injured on that play out of bounds.  

4.  Not much else to say about this game.  It was a rather ho-hum blowout.  I hate they didn’t get the shutout, b/c the defense deserved it the way they played.  But coaches can still get after the kids this week.  Too many personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for a Gilmer team.   I’m sure coaches will address that this week.   There is a fine line of playing on the edge but not going over it.