Week 3: Shelbyville @ EF

jacket52

Shelbyville @ EF  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

EF needs to get a Win this week to help this Young Team flip the switch.  Who ya Got ? 

can we get a poll please. 

Going to be interesting. I got to watch EF this past week since Waskom got cancelled. EF has a few pieces that will be interesting as they get older. They looked like they need some help on the O-line though. They played Dekalb tough in the first half but kinda got sloppy in the 2nd. I think I’ll take the jackets in a close one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jethro said:

Going to be interesting. I got to watch EF this past week since Waskom got cancelled. EF has a few pieces that will be interesting as they get older. They looked like they need some help on the O-line though. They played Dekalb tough in the first half but kinda got sloppy in the 2nd. I think I’ll take the jackets in a close one. 

I absolutely agree 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jethro said:

They only got 1 returning starter on the Oline from last year.  And I think 6 kids on offense that never took a varsity Snap till they played Atlanta only question is how long till they figure it out cause nobody going to give them anything.  EF has lost 6 Starters that have transferred to Marshall and Carthage that are not only playing but starting at those schools over the past 2 seasons that’s hard to overcome when you also lose like 17 seniors. I think they will figure it out just need some experience. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Run defense not that good for Shelbyville?

I'm not one to be critical of kids unless it's constructive. 

So here goes: It has been really bad, but in my humble opinion I think we have the kids to do much better. 

A lot of youth, but some simple adjustments, and moving a couple of kids around could make them way better. 

The silver lining is that with all the youth the whole defense should be a lot better toward the end of the season. 

14 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

If Shelbyville beats EF. How far has the program gone.  I bet if scott ford was here. We wouldn’t be talking about Shelbyville beating EF. And I’m not bashing the new staff. But ford won and was expected to do so. Young or not 

This Staff is expected to win also! EF has played well for 3 Qtrs the last 2 weeks and then fall apart I think that is more to do with youth and inexperience than Coaching.  But I will say EF needs to be able to score points at a better clip than they are to have success this season but they also have a Oline that is learning on the fly literally 1 guy returned and they have arguably the best Olineman in the school walking the halls and not playing this season.  Their is a lot to look at when you talk EF Football this year. But I not going to make excuses the Yellow Jackets are always suppose to win it is very much Expected. 

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

They gave up 61 to hemphill. Mostly on the ground so I’d have to say their run defense has room to improve. 

Yeah. I heard Hemphill has a strong running game.  Hope they have the chance to knock off Newton this year.  

On 9/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ijustwatch said:

If Shelbyville beats EF. How far has the program gone.  I bet if scott ford was here. We wouldn’t be talking about Shelbyville beating EF. And I’m not bashing the new staff. But ford won and was expected to do so. Young or not 

That guy knew it was time to exit.

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That guy knew it was time to exit.

He would come back tomorrow if he could so I don’t think your right on that one. I think he was burnt out 9yrs in one place is a long time I expect him to recharge battery and be coaching again soon somewhere.