Diboll (1-1) @ #1 Franklin (2-0) Friday September 9th:30

lionpride08

Diboll @ Franklin   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

Diboll is coming off a 33-24 win over Kirbyville on the road.

Franklin is coming in from a 77-13 win at Mexia.

Both teams are 1-1 against each other Franklin won 34-20 in first match up. Franklin was ranked #1 at the time. They met up a year later in a top 10 match up. Diboll then #5 beat then #10 Franklin 34-7.

Those games are now in the past. Who do you have in the match up and thoughts on this one for this season?

10 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Is diboll struggling this year? I thought they had a young team last year and bring back some studs

Diboll has plenty of talent this year to make some noise but they are still finalizing positioning which is what pre-district is for. Diboll played a solid 3 QRTs against Kirbyville but got a little sloppy in the 4th. I’m sure it will be all business and all hands on deck against Franklin. Hopefully Diboll can keep that Franklin run game in check to keep this game interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAPACK1 said:

Dang, I thought Franklin would run away with this one.  Hemphill dominated Diboll in their scrimmage.

Diboll had several sophomores and the backup QB playing in the Hemphill scrimmage which is what a scrimmage is for. The starting lineup fought well against a solid Franklin team tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Diboll had several sophomores and the backup QB playing in the Hemphill scrimmage which is what a scrimmage is for. The starting lineup fought well against a solid Franklin team tonight. 

Good to know!  I do understand that it was just a scrimmage and really means nothing.  I'm actually a Diboll supporter.  Glad to see they are doing well!

Good game Franklin, great teams find a way to win.  Y’all have several stellar backs that just won’t go down…great play call there on 4th down to seal the game late in the contest.  

I liked what I saw from Diboll, I think the run game will come around by district… don’t necessarily think Diboll will have a feature back as in years past.  But that’s okay.  Hard to tell from watching the NFHS broadcast but Diboll QB looked like he was hitting his targets but there were a few drops by WRs.  Phipps will be a huge threat for Diboll which is needs after Watts graduated.  Impressed by that freshman, Forney kid.  Had several tackles and had a couple TD saving tackles.  always a slobber knocker of a game when these 2 play and hope the coaches consider playing each other in the future.  Good luck to Franklin the rest of the way

• Like 1