Chapel Hill

GoodOleBoy73

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Pre season top 5 losing to Gilmer not a big issue.   Losing to Van in week 2 is a problem.   Looks like they have been reading a few to many post about how good they were gonna be.    

Good gosh the talent is there. It just isn’t coming together. It’s really mind boggling. Play calling has been terrible and that certainly doesn’t help. 

27 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Coaching. Teams need coaches not hype men. 

I don’t know I’ve wished a random time out was called several times to have a quick team meeting (butt chewing) . and wake/hype these boys up. Lackluster at times. 

• Like 1

I may be way off but i wonder with recent talent over the last several years leaving for JT Legacy has made it hard to discipline/push talent in fear of them leaving. I personally would push regardless. I feel like the kids run the team vs the staff having full control. There is a lack of discipline. They are all good kids but i believe they need football in your face discipline and they don’t get it. Seems to passive. 

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe, 4A-D2 Region 2 is tougher than 4A-D1 region 3? Name 1 true good, powerhouse team Chapel Hill beat to win the region last year that would win 4A-D2 region 2.

Vidor? Nope

Brazosport? Nope

Kilgore? 0-2 against D2 teams this year but definitely the best on their run

LCM? Nope

Not knocking CH but just being honest, none of those teams are better than the 2 they’ve lost 2 most likely. I’d be willing to bet CH gets it rolling over the next 2 weeks and heads into district feeling a lot better about themselves. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Maybe, just maybe, 4A-D2 Region 2 is tougher than 4A-D1 region 3? Name 1 true good, powerhouse team Chapel Hill beat to win the region last year that would win 4A-D2 region 2.

Vidor? Nope

Brazosport? Nope

LCM? Nope

Not knocking CH but just being honest, none of those teams are better than the 2 they’ve lost 2 most likely. I’d be willing to bet CH gets it rolling over the next 2 weeks and heads into district feeling a lot better about themselves. 

Amen! 

The last 2 years 4AD1 has been significantly weaker than 4AD2. Carthage,  Gilmer, PG and Van would all be the favorite in D1.

Chapel Hill will be fine.  Just had a rough schedule to start the season.  Excluding Carthage,  there aren't many better coaching staffs than Van and Gilmer. 

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Vidor? Nope

Brazosport? Nope

LCM? Nope

Good point!

7 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

CH will roll Greenville this week and all will be right with the world again...well almost.

I hope your right. We abruptly lost all confidence after week one it seems. A good win can be good for the soul. Maybe this week. 

8 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Dawgs will be fine, I see them the same as last year.. lose a few games early on, win when it matters, hopefully punch that ticket 

I think punching that 8 second ticket is what got in their head. Lol. That’s the past, if we don’t get some things ironed out we won’t even be close to punching a ticket. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Dawgs will be fine, I see them the same as last year.. lose a few games early on, win when it matters, hopefully punch that ticket 

Yea they were undefeated last year until they played Lindale. Then they lost a few more and then went on the playoff run. They didn’t lose early on last year

We are inside Vans 20 with possibly ONE of the best running backs in east Texas. He’s going to get his yards. He never touches the ball. We had a chance to score and take the lead. Change the whole outcome to the game and boost confidence to the players. Yet we don’t give him the ball and van holds us. It was so bad that everyone in the stands was chanting run #4 because the stands have seen him run the ball against a great Gilmer and van defense. It’s just mind boggling. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Vidor? Nope

Brazosport? Nope

LCM? Nope

Last year. LCM wins R3/D2. Yep. Kilgore wins R3/D2. Yep. Carthage was down. 

this year. That may not be true. R3 May be down this year. Time will tell. Carthage and Gilmer both win R3/D2 this year in my opinion. No one else could. You D2 guys need to calm down and quit riding Carthage and Gilmer jocks. They’re the only 2 powerhouses. Stop dreaming. 

14 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Yea they were undefeated last year until they played Lindale. Then they lost a few more and then went on the playoff run. They didn’t lose early on last year

That's what I'm saying, won 5 in a row lost 3 in a row after that then got hot... lose early and win when it matters

I followed this team last year, had friends with kids on the team.. I was at the lindale game

Losing games 6,7,8 and winning 6 in a row after that with a loss by 3 to go to state would be my definition of losing early.. but to each their own

21 minutes ago, JugLine said:

I think punching that 8 second ticket is what got in their head. Lol. That’s the past, if we don’t get some things ironed out we won’t even be close to punching a ticket. 

I was at the Gilmer game, conditioning was a big issue for the hill.. Gilmer was def in better shape

Athlete wise I give the nod to the hill, biggest take away and game changer IMO was relying on the QB to mu h in that game, he was definitely out of sync with 4 INT's first half and just pretty much running wildcat most snaps.. he had some good runs, but I would've fed #4 more than they did, not sure if he was injured but him, #2, and #1 was damn good athletes.. I'm only a sideline coach so I don't know the ends and outs of what's going on at the hill... but I think they'll be fine as long as they stay healthy

On a side note I saw #3 macfoys younger bro transferred to legacy and had some good catches in clutch time Friday against cujo.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JugLine said:

We are inside Vans 20 with possibly ONE of the best running backs in east Texas. He’s going to get his yards. He never touches the ball. We had a chance to score and take the lead. Change the whole outcome to the game and boost confidence to the players. Yet we don’t give him the ball and van holds us. It was so bad that everyone in the stands was chanting run #4 because the stands have seen him run the ball against a great Gilmer and van defense. It’s just mind boggling. 

#4 is a damn good athlete... most of his carries against the G were explosive, that's why I wondered if he was injured when it was obvious he'd be in the game and wasn't... scary thing is the 2 sophomores they rely on are only going to get better...

20 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

this year. That may not be true. R3 May be down this year. Time will tell. Carthage and Gilmer both win R3/D2 this year in my opinion. No one else could. You D2 guys need to calm down and quit riding Carthage and Gilmer jocks. They’re the only 2 powerhouses. Stop dreaming. 

Either you can’t read or you are making an argument that I’m not making.  I said 4A-D2, Region 2. That’s Carthage, Gilmer, Pleasant Grove etc. 

LCM got thumped by WOS last year, who didn’t win D2 R3. Not a chance in hades they would’ve won R2. 

26 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Wrong.  

D2 is far superior and you know it.  

Lindale and CH got lucky to make a run in the worst D1 region that east texas has produced in the last decade.  

Van has owned Lindale and CH for years.  Carthage,  Gilmer and PG are ahead of Van.  

Put down your crack pipe

10 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Wrong.  

D2 is far superior and you know it.  

Lindale and CH got lucky to make a run in the worst D1 region that east texas has produced in the last decade.  

Van has owned Lindale and CH for years.  Carthage,  Gilmer and PG are ahead of Van.  

Put down your crack pipe

Good ol Van crack pipe is back. Now that I know you’re a van guy this is fun. Lindale had what many called the best RB in the state that year and beat Kilgore twice that year who would have spanked vans Azz and then LBJ. Sorry crack pipe. Just because you swing in Carthage and Gilmer’s nuts doesn’t make Van a title contender. LoL. 

now, let me agree with you somewhere. Would Gilmer and Carthage be favored to win R3/D1 this year? Yea. I agree. Clearly CHill and Kilgore and lindale aren’t right yet. R3 seems to be struggling this year. Last year. Nope. Neither win it. And since we’re talking seriously about football, it’s laughable you lump Van in with those 2 programs. LAUGABLE! LoL! Carthage/Gilmer nut hugger. LoL. 

15 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Either you can’t read or you are making an argument that I’m not making.  I said 4A-D2, Region 2. That’s Carthage, Gilmer, Pleasant Grove etc. 

LCM got thumped by WOS last year, who didn’t win D2 R3. Not a chance in hades they would’ve won R2. 

Sorry bud. I misread. My bad. 

10 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Good ol Van crack pipe is back. Now that I know you’re a van guy this is fun. Lindale had what many called the best RB in the state that year and beat Kilgore twice that year who would have spanked vans Azz and then LBJ. Sorry crack pipe. Just because you swing in Carthage and Gilmer’s nuts doesn’t make Van a title contender. LoL. 

now, let me agree with you somewhere. Would Gilmer and Carthage be favored to win R3/D1 this year? Yea. I agree. Clearly CHill and Kilgore and lindale aren’t right yet. R3 seems to be struggling this year. Last year. Nope. Neither win it. And since we’re talking seriously about football, it’s laughable you lump Van in with those 2 programs. LAUGABLE! LoL! Carthage/Gilmer nut hugger. LoL. 

Lol.  

That's what I'd say too if Van was whipping my azz every year!