Chapel Hill

GoodOleBoy73

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

So much talk,  and so little about the eagles? I wonder why? 

Lol,  clown show

We’ll, I’m actually honest about my assessment. Lindale has had 1 great year.  SV’s it was AWESOME. We’ve been an above average team other than that. But not great. We underachieved last year. That’s one of the things I love about lindale fans. You won’t see us poppin off like CHILL06 that we’re gonna win state like a clown before we win anything. Or bragging like we’re good just because we’re 3 other teams beeitches like you with Van. We’re honest in our evaluations of ourselves, we’re not a football power. We’re trying, and our kids are great kids. We’re just lindale. 1 game at a time, grow, learn, get better, do your best. You’ll see our fans reflect our community. Respect and sportsmanship. We’re not braggadocious clowns like you and CHILL06. ..,,,, hey, Metzel is calling. Needs you to get off his jock. He’s working on actually having a chance to beat Carthage. 

9 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Hey trashy, SS just called. His players can’t practice because yours won’t get off their nuts. They’ve got championships to win. Not hug nuts and feed off of them. LoL 

1 minute ago, LetsGoEagles said:

We’ll, I’m actually honest about my assessment. Lindale has had 1 great year.  SV’s it was AWESOME. We’ve been an above average team other than that. But not great. We underachieved last year. That’s one of the things I love about lindale fans. You won’t see us poppin off like CHILL06 that we’re gonna win state like a clown before we win anything. Or bragging like we’re good just because we’re 3 other teams beeitches like you with Van. We’re honest in our evaluations of ourselves, we’re not a football power. We’re trying, and our kids are great kids. We’re just lindale. 1 game at a time, grow, learn, get better, do your best. You’ll see our fans reflect our community. Respect and sportsmanship. We’re not braggadocious clowns like you and CHILL06. ..,,,, hey, Metzel is calling. Needs you to get off his jock. He’s working on actually having a chance to beat Carthage. 

All these coaches calling you and I'm the one on their junk? 

Your Fandom is showing little buddy

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Amen! 

The last 2 years 4AD1 has been significantly weaker than 4AD2. Carthage,  Gilmer, PG and Van would all be the favorite in D1.

Chapel Hill will be fine.  Just had a rough schedule to start the season.  Excluding Carthage,  there aren't many better coaching staffs than Van and Gilmer. 

35 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Kilgore

chapel Hill the second time, they’ll get it figure it out 

lindale

Lumberton

brazsport

el campo

Navasota 

Needville

the list goes on  - you aren’t good because you’re in the same division as Carthage or Gilmer and their beeotch. This is is a dumb argument  speculation is all it is . we’ll never know. But, let me say this, last year with Jackson Rainey, I think ya’ll could have been competitive and won 2-3 games in R3. No doubt  that kid was special. THAT YEAR, yes, Van would have been competitive. 2020, no way  losers! Take the L  

So according to "let'sgofleagles" saying that a team would win a region makes you "on their coaches or players junk". So let's count nuts, shall we?

Trashyhound -6

Letsgofleagles-16

Wow,  Impressive little buddy

• LOL! 1

A couple things from an outsider's perspective:

1) I think Chapel Hill is going to be fine. The talent is absurd. This team is still relatively "young," too. Gilmer is a legitimate state title contender, and would be whether in Div. I or II in my opinion, so that loss isn't too bad. The Van loss is a bit more of a head-scratcher, but that loss could mean exactly squat by season's end.

2) I think everyone assumes Region III is always going to be loaded because it has east Texas teams, and everyone usually assumes/labels one of those districts the District of Doom, even though I'd argue a true DoD hasn't reeeaaalllly existed since the early 2010's, before the divisional split .... back in the old 3A days. Truth is, Region III in Div. I looks a scooch down this season. I'd also say Region III in Div. II is "down" too, simply because Carthage isn't on that side of the bracket.

3) Taking point No. 2 into consideration, I'd say Van could/would certainly be in the conversation of a Region III title in Div. I this season. I'd slot them behind Kilgore and, I'll catch fire for this, probably still behind Chapel Hill. I KNOW the Vandals just won, but come playoff time, I THINK CH would win a rematch. The ceiling is much higher for CH. Obviously a moot point, just part of the discussion. Apart from those two teams, there's no one I'd say is obviously better than Van. El Campo has really, really disappointed so far. Ricebirds should be much more concerned than CH fans. Lindale looks pretty pedestrian, as does the rest of the field in Region III. So Van would slot right into that conversation.

4) Back to the main topic of this thread, I think anytime a team comes in with the expectations and hype that CH had to start the year, and you go 0-2 out of the gate, people get concerned. Bobcats fans FREAKED the F out in 2008 when Celina started poorly. Ended up making a fairly dominant run through the postseason and lost in the state title game to Carthage. Expectations are very often conflated, and a slight deviation or apparent regression from them leads to panic. Truth is, CH is still probably the most purely talented team in the Region, and probably on that right side of the bracket in general. Maybe that is enough, maybe it isn't. But if given the choice of a so-so talented team with no expectations that starts 2-0, or a talent-laden squad with massive ceiling and crazy expectations, I'd take my chances with that kind of talent, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for attending my TEDx Talk on 4A Div. I, Region III football.

• LOL! 2

Chapel Hill also does not have the team culture of Celina. 
They have the talent to make a long run in playoffs. But they also have the chance to lose a game or 2 early in District, then have to face Kilgore in final game. Should probably quit talking about state and focus on the next opponent. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Amen! 

The last 2 years 4AD1 has been significantly weaker than 4AD2. Carthage,  Gilmer, PG and Van would all be the favorite in D1.

Chapel Hill will be fine.  Just had a rough schedule to start the season.  Excluding Carthage,  there aren't many better coaching staffs than Van and Gilmer. 

Agree

• LOL! 1