5A-D2: #1 Argyle Eagles(2-0) @ #6 Grapevine Mustangs(2-0)

regaleagle

Argyle @ Grapevine   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

I will say this, however:   Based on what I have seen, I don't think Argyle is really the #1 team in 5A-D2 at this juncture.  They have miles to go still to get to that place, but do have the players and team chemistry to get there.  IF there is a team in 5A-D2 that is "overrated"........it's most likely Argyle at #1.  Now they are most definitely a Top Five team, but in reality I just don't think they are the best team in 5A-D2 at this point in the season.  Maybe the best defense......but not the best team overall.

9 hours ago, Argyle2014 said:

Yep, they are overrated! Beat the #8 ranked team, then beat the #1 ranked team, then beat the #6 ranked team. 

They sure did, Argyle2014......all great games to watch, too!  But the passing game is not up to snuff yet. Just think how good they WILL be when that happens.  Other teams will improve thru the season too.  There are some quality football teams out there not being covered yet.  Some play 6A and 5A-D1 schools early......like Montgomery, for example.  And South Oak Cliff.  I stand by my statement for now.......Argyle is Top 5, but needs more work in the passing game.

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

They sure did, Argyle2014......all great games to watch, too!  But the passing game is not up to snuff yet. Just think how good they WILL be when that happens.  Other teams will improve thru the season too.  There are some quality football teams out there not being covered yet.  Some play 6A and 5A-D1 schools early......like Montgomery, for example.  And South Oak Cliff.  I stand by my statement for now.......Argyle is Top 5, but needs more work in the passing game.

Take a look at the Montgomery Recaps on MaxPreps. #4 at QB is a real threat passing and running it.  So are a couple of other skill players.  Lots of speed and athleticism. They haven't won a game, but look who they have played so far.  Haven't even played a 5A-D2 or lower yet......we will be their first one. They can score, for sure.  Give them the regular season......they will be good come playoff time.  Arygle will have plenty on their plate this week trying to contain #4.