Stocks dippin

Doomer

41 minutes ago, Doomer said:

First day after Monday Labor Day holiday S&P 500 done bailed 100 pts by lunchtime. I know they printing so much money it wasn't really holding it's own anyway but dagumit.

Give it a few days, and it'll be up some and the liberals will be telling us that there is no inflation and the economy is going great because the S&P is up 15 points, but only after it fell 500 points. :rofl:

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Doomer said:

First day after Monday Labor Day holiday S&P 500 done bailed 100 pts by lunchtime. I know they printing so much money it wasn't really holding it's own anyway but dagumit.

This is what hacks me off. I've got 401k accounts that have been LOSING a good amount of money.

I guess to the Democrats that's a good thing.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

This is what hacks me off. I've got 401k accounts that have been LOSING a good amount of money.

I guess to the Democrats that's a good thing.

Of course it is, democrats and liberals want you completely dependent upon the government. If they don't have total control, you might say something that would be against their train of thought. And like the Babylon says, it's just days away from execution of the GOP by the democrats. :rofl:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

Of course it is, democrats and liberals want you completely dependent upon the government. If they don't have total control, you might say something that would be against their train of thought. And like the Babylon says, it's just days away from execution of the GOP by the democrats. :rofl:

I tell ya...I'd like to beef up my savings account once I pay off my house in February or so...but have you seen savings account interest rates? They stink! I'm reluctant to put it into any kind of retirement savings with all the craziness going on right now. I'm going to have to figure out something, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The best economic times in my life have consistently been under Democratic presidents. 

Good for you. Under Biden I've lost a good amount of money in my 401k.

If you're going to argue that's "because of COVID" or something, then what I'll do is ask you if you've ever heard of an economic lag?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, Trump's last year was good for you? 

I'd have to go back and look at my statements, but I think I can pretty conclusively say that I've consistently lost more money under Biden than I did under Trump. Maybe it's Congress, I don't know, all I know is that the last few times I've gotten statements (and I get them quarterly) they've ALL shown losses, as best as I recall.

I will grant you that my income has increased through raises, but I was already in the six figure range. But I'm not talking about my salary right now. Although, my salary increased 53% from 2016 to 2019, and has gone up slightly since then. It took a couple of job changes, but that's how I did it. I'm talking about 401k accounts, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The best economic times in my life have consistently been under Democratic presidents. 

Nixon things weren't so bad, then they started to fall off under Ford (he wasn't around long), Carter was a disaster, Reagan great, Bush Sr. great, Clinton great, Bush Jr. Clinton policies killed him, Obama terrible, Trump great, Biden almost as bad as Carter.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, Trump's last year was good for you? 

The only time I had trouble was when we were forced to close by Abbott and Hidalgo and for a brief period after Harvey.  I was making more during the pandemic only being half open than what I'm making now under Biden.  Bidenflation has been killing me, and people that dine out.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I'd have to go back and look at my statements, but I think I can pretty conclusively say that I've consistently lost more money under Biden than I did under Trump. Maybe it's Congress, I don't know, all I know is that the last few times I've gotten statements (and I get them quarterly) they've ALL shown losses, as best as I recall.

I will grant you that my income has increased through raises, but I was already in the six figure range. But I'm not talking about my salary right now. Although, my salary increased 53% from 2016 to 2019, and has gone up slightly since then. It took a couple of job changes, but that's how I did it. I'm talking about 401k accounts, however.

I'd put money in savings also, if I had an extra money, but thanks to inflation and the stagnent increases in salaries for teachers, I don't have that much extra. And since the state gets 7.7% of my money each year for a retirement program they don't contribute too, there is not a lot left to save. 

Property taxes continue to go up 10% per year, because local property taxes have to keep pace with the tax cuts in Austin. 

Gas is still double what it was the day uncle joe got elected, and the price of eggs is still over $2, while just last january they were 85 cents at Aldi. So if you have extra money, invest it in gold, get the gold that you have in hand, not "banknotes" because when the economy really crashes, gold will be worth it. Or you can be like me, invest in baseball cards:rofl:

• Like 1

I tell ya...I'd like to beef up my savings account once I pay off my house in February or so...but have you seen savings account interest rates? They stink! I'm reluctant to put it into any kind of retirement savings with all the craziness going on right now. I'm going to have to figure out something, though.

Dang saving acct. or CD likely to only yield @ 1.2%. Brandon's inflation machine will eat up 25-55 % of the dang investment by the time you cashed it.

4 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Give it a few days, and it'll be up some and the liberals will be telling us that there is no inflation and the economy is going great because the S&P is up 15 points, but only after it fell 500 points. :rofl:

100% truth.

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I get audited every time one gets in office. 

Probably need to keep my opinion to myself on social media

• Like 1

I'm down around 2000 over the summer in my portfolio 

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Were you heavy invested in paper mask, maderna and glass crack pipe smoking kits Barry?