Majority of Americans See MAGA As Threat To Democracy

BarryLaverty

Of course, what worth does 'democracy' have, when MAGA embraces corporate oligarchs ruling our country, but thought this might be of interest to some of you. And, note that this same group believed that Joe was being divisive by pointing out the threat. 

Reuters Videos

Poll finds most Americans see MAGA as threat

STORY: A Reuters/Ipsos poll has found that most Americans believe Donald Trump's MAGA movement is undermining democracy.

The poll was completed on Wednesday just days after U.S. President Joe Biden gave a fiery speech attacking Trump and his Republican allies.

Fifty-eight percent of those polled - including one in four Republicans - said the former president's "Make America Great Again" movement was threatening America's democratic foundations.

Biden did not come off well in the poll, either.

Fifty-nine percent of respondents said the speech he made attacking Trump on September 1 would further divide the country.

Speaking in Pennsylvania, a key electoral battleground, Biden had urged voters to reject Trump and extremism.

The Democrat leader is trying to shore up support ahead of critical November midterm elections when his party's control of Congress will be hanging in the balance.

• SMH 1

Another OP-ED poll, with no link to the actual number of people they surveyed, what type of people they surveyed. They could have polled 16 people, 8 democrats and 8 GOP members to get a 1 out of 4 people. 

The real threat to American democracy is the government that wants to control every aspect of a person's life, but coming from Barry, what would expect, someone that needs to send out polls, accept all OP-EDs from the left, and can't think for himselfimage.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:
Of course, what worth does 'democracy' have, when MAGA embraces corporate oligarchs ruling our country, but thought this might be of interest to some of you. And, note that this same group believed that Joe was being divisive by pointing out the threat. 

Reuters Videos

Poll finds most Americans see MAGA as threat

STORY: A Reuters/Ipsos poll has found that most Americans believe Donald Trump's MAGA movement is undermining democracy.

The poll was completed on Wednesday just days after U.S. President Joe Biden gave a fiery speech attacking Trump and his Republican allies.

Fifty-eight percent of those polled - including one in four Republicans - said the former president's "Make America Great Again" movement was threatening America's democratic foundations.

Biden did not come off well in the poll, either.

Fifty-nine percent of respondents said the speech he made attacking Trump on September 1 would further divide the country.

Speaking in Pennsylvania, a key electoral battleground, Biden had urged voters to reject Trump and extremism.

The Democrat leader is trying to shore up support ahead of critical November midterm elections when his party's control of Congress will be hanging in the balance.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

The sad part about Barry's posts are that he fails to post any accomplishment that his buddy Pedo Joe has done since he has been in office. Not one...just anti Trump. Strange infatuation indeed.

I wasn't on here for most of the summer, Spanky, as numerous accomplishments occurred. Read up on them here: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/8/28/23325019/president-joe-biden-franklin-roosevelt-lyndon-johnson-ronald-reagan

You probably didn't see any of those listed on Breitfart, World Nut Daily or the American Stinker. You might have to climb yourself out of your information silo, on your own. 

28 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I wasn't on here for most of the summer, Spanky, as numerous accomplishments occurred. Read up on them here: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/8/28/23325019/president-joe-biden-franklin-roosevelt-lyndon-johnson-ronald-reagan

You probably didn't see any of those listed on Breitfart, World Nut Daily or the American Stinker. You might have to climb yourself out of your information silo, on your own. 

Actually I didn't read about them because they are figments you liberals imagination...like the Twilight Zone that you live in...that make believe world where whatever a lib says has to be true...you are truly the Rod Serling of Smoaky!!!

32 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Like unilaterally, via executive order, canceling student debt? Isn't stuff involving money supposed to go through Congress? Specifically, isn't it supposed to start in the House?

Heck, one of the things he did he said, paraphrasing, "Yeah, it's probably unconstitutional, but I'm going to do it anyway."

“The bulk of the constitutional scholars say it’s not likely to pass constitutional muster,” he said. “But at a minimum, by the time it gets litigated, it will probably give some additional time while we’re getting that $45 billion out to people who are in fact behind in the rent and don’t have the money.”

https://www.texaspolicy.com/biden-agrees-evictions-moratorium-illegal-unconstitutional/

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I've got news for you Larry .... the majority of Americans ARE MAGA REPUBLICANS ....

Then they're being silenced.  I don't see what you see.  This is a poll though, and who answered the poll would be the question that I have.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Then they're being silenced.  I don't see what you see.  This is a poll though, and who answered the poll would be the question that I have.  

MAGA Republicans are main stream conservative Republicans, they make up the bulk of the silent majority in America ... they are the heart of the Republican Party,  not some fringe wing Plugs tries to make them out to be ....

• Like 1