Week Four: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-0) at Lufkin Panthers (3-0)  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2022 at 12:30 AM

13 hours ago, WolverBean said:

long as we stay health its possible

I just watched the Boyd game. Hale was the one that caught my eye on offense. Should be a fun night. I’m hoping Abe will be rocking like the old days or last time we met in i think 2019 for a big game when both teams were good. 

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I just watched the Boyd game. Hale was the one that caught my eye on offense. Should be a fun night. I’m hoping Abe will be rocking like the old days or last time we met in i think 2019 for a big game when both teams were good. 

Which is interesting, because he's had a minimal impact on either of the last two games (other than his one score on Friday)

20 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hey! Both squads are undefeated. At least this game has that going for it. Hoping for a good, injury-fee performance. 

It’s kinda bad- I feel like a lot of this season is just a formality until we get to the playoffs. Lol

Injury free! Well said and agree 

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

He was #8 right? That was the only person i saw Boyd couldn’t stop. 

Yep. They couldn’t stop him at all. It’s been a much more team wins the last two weeks than Tatum and Hale taking over like week 1 was

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yep. They couldn’t stop him at all. It’s been a much more team wins the last two weeks than Tatum and Hale taking over like week 1 was

I tried to watch the legacy game but after a few minutes didn’t want to mess up my Sunday with that negativity. That was bad bad

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think that's what's scary about this team.

Haven't really had to use Tatum/Hale...yet back to back blowouts. Tatum still has 6 TDs in that time frame though lol

And defensively, although we have been amazing, we haven't even seen the best of JJ Rougley and Kaden Brooks yet. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I think that's what's scary about this team.

Haven't really had to use Tatum/Hale...yet back to back blowouts. Tatum still has 6 TDs in that time frame though lol

And defensively, although we have been amazing, we haven't even seen the best of JJ Rougley and Kaden Brooks yet. 

I was looking at y'all defense and I was like damn. I love it. I don't see any weakness in your defense. I didn't see nothing but killer's. Granted y'all was playing Legacy but still I could tell y'all had nothing but go getters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I was looking at y'all defense and I was like damn. I love it. I don't see any weakness in your defense. I didn't see nothing but killer's. Granted y'all was playing Legacy but still I could tell y'all had nothing but go getters. 

That defense has a couple of guys whose pops were monsters on the field back in the day.

LB Kaden Brooks should sound familiar. His dad is Tracy Brooks, D1 LB that started on the 1997 team. 

Kaden is great but his little brother Kason Brooks in the '25 class is a monster.

The defense next year will be even better IMO...if you can imagine that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

He was #8 right? That was the only person i saw Boyd couldn’t stop. 

Cause I think they made the mistake of singling up on him. And Qb was on his game that night. He had the 80 yard catch and run that inflated his stats some wat but no mistake he has to be accounted for at all times. Longview sometimes tries to force it to him. That's why I'm still iffy about Qb. Seems to still have only one read. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Corners...

• Like 2