Week Four: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-0) at Lufkin Panthers (3-0)  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2022 at 12:30 AM

Tell ya what, at the very least, you're about to see two stud '24 RBs face off against one another. 

Longview's Taylor Tatum (6'0 205) has 22 offers, and is ranked as the best back in TX for the '24 class. 

On the other side is Lufkin's Kedren Young (6'0 210), who just got his 2nd offer from Arizona. Fresh off a 260 yard performance against A&M Consolidated. 

The subvarsity games this week are interesting too.

JV more so than 9th (I think Longview clearly has the better freshman class) but, there have been some discussion about who has the better '25 class between Lufkin and Longview....and we'll get to find out this week.

Now, both programs have multiple '25 kids playing varsity ball, so that will definitely play a role but at the very least, we're about to find out which '25 class has the better depth and there are still '25 kids on both JVs that'll be future stars. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Good stuff. 

36 yards of offense and 2 first downs. MAN

Yeah, I was saying that to someone after the game: I don't care how bad Tyler Lee might be, 36 yards of offense in four quarters against a scout team is impressive. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Good stuff. 

36 yards of offense and 2 first downs. MAN

And one of 2 first downs was a running into the kicker that gave them a first down.

After rewatching, @kingwolf, can confirm they did not cross the 50. They got to the 47 on that drive that we helped with the penalty on their punt but that was as close as they got.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ANTI said:

Tell ya what, at the very least, you're about to see two stud '24 RBs face off against one another. 

Longview's Taylor Tatum (6'0 205) has 22 offers, and is ranked as the best back in TX for the '24 class. 

On the other side is Lufkin's Kedren Young (6'0 210), who just got his 2nd offer from Arizona. Fresh off a 260 yard performance against A&M Consolidated. 

LP back looks heavier than 210...Tatum looks less than 205

I listened to Tep and Stepp last night and Greg Tepper said he had Longview a 20 point favorite, and Matt Stepp said he thought Lufkin may could keep the game close in the first half, then the Lobos pull away in the 2nd half.   Saying it's an upset special is a bunch of hype on DCTF part. 

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2022/09/13/tep-stepp-podcast-week-4-preview?ref=home_feature_article

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I listened to Tep and Stepp last night and Greg Tepper said he had Longview a 20 point favorite, and Matt Stepp said he thought Lufkin may could keep the game close in the first half, then the Lobos pull away in the 2nd half.   Saying it's an upset special is a bunch of hype on DCTF part. 

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2022/09/13/tep-stepp-podcast-week-4-preview?ref=home_feature_article

He was referencing the COMPUTER having Longview as a 20 point favorite.  If you listen to the tone of Tepper's voice, I thought it was clear that he was not in favor of that.  Then Stepp did say this game was on upset alert.  He talked about the Lobo's past fortunes at Abe.  I did see his picks, btw.