Gilmer (3-0) @ Lindale (2-1)

GoodOleBoy73

Gilmer @ Lindale   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Gilmer has gotten better each week, especially defensively. But Lindale has had this game circled all summer as most of Gilmer’s opponents do. Lindale is a disciplined and mentally tough team, but the raw speed and athletic superiority of the Buckeyes gives them the edge. There are just too many ways Gilmer can attack, and Lindale cannot get into a gun fight with Gilmer. The Eagles best bet is to win the battle up front, possess the ball and run effectively, using play action to pick their spots and hit the Buckeyes deep.  They cannot turn it over or get behind the chains, as Gilmer is simply too good and has too many weapons for Lindale to get into a track meet.

Keys for Lindale to win include playing a near flawless game, be +2 on turnovers and hold Gilmer under 30 points. All of which is a really tough task. The Buckeyes improvement in O-Line play and their “Thunder & Lightening” running game with Haynes and Henderson gives the Tennison as a young QB (who is getting better and better) opportunities down the field to Tate and all-world Fluellen. And Gilmer’s speed, size and athletes on defense will make it hard on Lindale to establish the run effectively enough to sustain long drives and keep the ball away from the Buckeyes.

When the Buckeyes score 30+, they have won 95% of their games since 1980. Tough task for the Eagles this year.

My guess would be 45-28 Gilmer.

Tough game here. Everyone is watching Gilmer closely this year. They certainly do seem to deserve their ranking. If the Eagles can play like they did the first half at Van then this game can be closer than most think. Big O-line can make some holes and all you need is 3 yards per carry to eat the clock and play keep away. Gilmer is Gilmer though so I'm picking them to win even though I'll be rooting for Lindale.

Gilmer has to find some discipline and keep the penalties to a minimum, if they can do that, I see this game being close in the first half and Gilmer pulling away in the second..Gilmer has a ton of weapons and some serious speed, and the defense is definitely starting to come together, the secondary played well last night on deep balls..

Gilmer by 14..

34 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Gilmer has to find some discipline and keep the penalties to a minimum, if they can do that, I see this game being close in the first half and Gilmer pulling away in the second..Gilmer has a ton of weapons and some serious speed, and the defense is definitely starting to come together, the secondary played well last night on deep balls..

Gilmer by 14..

I actually thought we have been playing pretty clean. I haven't seen an overload of stupid penalties all year. 

• Like 1

We have played extremely clean this year. Hardly any penalties.  Not even sure if we have 1 holding call.  Maybe 2 false starts.   And some Personal Fouls that where silly to be called. Especially when both teams are engaged.   This team has been one of the least penalized teams in last 20 yrs so far.

8 hours ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Gilmer is the best team on Lindale’s schedule and will be the favorites. 

But don’t count Lindale out. They can win if able to put a complete 4 quarters together. Can’t turn the ball over and will need to be All Gas the entire game. 

Have to agree with this evaluation 100%. Lindale will need to play 4 quarters like they did 1st half of Van game. If they do, they can beat Gilmer. If they don’t, they will take the L. We are blatantly notorious for getting conservative in our play calling and playing not to lose instead of playing to win when we get a lead - see Pine Tree game, ESPECIALLY see the Van game, see any game we’ve gotten ahead by 2 TD’s…. It’s a fact. To win, Lindale has to go balls out the entire game no matter how big they may lead and go that way all the way to 4th quarter reading 00:00. It’s the only way they’ll win.  But Gilmer is definitely favored. 

Gilmer will get their turnovers for sure. Lindale needs to turn the ball over no more than once and capitalize on Gilmers mistakes on offense. Gilmer has a tendency to go three and out quickly at times and Tennison can make some mistakes since he is still learning and becoming a better QB. Lindale needs to capitalize on those opportunities and pound the ball. When throwing a pass, keep it away from Rohan. With that being said, Gilmer wins 42-28.