Gilmer (3-0) @ Lindale (2-1)

GoodOleBoy73

Gilmer @ Lindale   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I can totally see this ^^^

if Lindale gets any type of lead they will go conservative in their play calling and let Gilmer right back in. It’s their M.O. Have to keep the foot on the gas. Gilmer definitely favored but lindale does have a chance. 

Yes. This.

You cannot ever be up enough on Gilmer. I don't care how big of a lead you might get, keep piling on. Not to be "disrespectful," but literally because no lead is safe. The Buckeyes can go into Nascar mode in a hurry and you look up and a four-score lead might suddenly be down to one possession. They can save a lot of clock too, because they can hit the home runs on any given play.

You have to stay aggressive. You might make a mistake, but I'd rather make a mistake being aggressive than going three and out hoping to milk the clock. The clock is almost never going to be your friend when you play Gilmer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Getting closer. Each day I get more excited to see how this goes. For district 9-4A Division One...this could tell us a little more about what could be coming.

Gilmer beat CH 51-27

Gilmer beat Kilgore 40-26

How will Lindale do against Gilmer? Can't wait for Friday.

I’ll answer this. If it’s the lindale from 1st half against Van, we can win this game and win district. Not saying we will do either, still lots of football to be played. Injuries etc etc. all plays into it. But, if it’s 2nd half of Van game Lindale. We lose by 30 to Gilmer and we may finish 4th in district. This team is still learning and growing in some areas. QB has to continue to develop, OC has to take the reigns off and live with the results, defense still learning but looked vastly improved last week, I’m most excited about that 1st half defense. Those boys were flying to the ball, gang tackling, hitting hard and playing with swagger! We haven’t had that since 2020 team. This defense could be better. They weren’t that great anyway, but did have some athletes. Long way to go, lots of ball to play. District is still very much undecided despite what CHILL06, DCTF & some of the other CH fans think. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

17 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I’ll answer this. If it’s the lindale from 1st half against Van, we can win this game and win district. Not saying we will do either, still lots of football to be played. Injuries etc etc. all plays into it. But, if it’s 2nd half of Van game Lindale. We lose by 30 to Gilmer and we may finish 4th in district. This team is still learning and growing in some areas. QB has to continue to develop, OC has to take the reigns off and live with the results, defense still learning but looked vastly improved last week, I’m most excited about that 1st half defense. Those boys were flying to the ball, gang tackling, hitting hard and playing with swagger! We haven’t had that since 2020 team. This defense could be better. They weren’t that great anyway, but did have some athletes. Long way to go, lots of ball to play. District is still very much undecided despite what CHILL06, DCTF & some of the other CH fans think. 

I agree with you for the most part. I don't really think the offensive playcalling is as bad as you're making it out to be. I think the OC tried to open it up in the 2nd half last week and we threw a pick in the endzone. We could have just continued to rely on the run but that is not what happened. Then instead of going up by 3 scores again, we ended up turning it over and only being up one score. 

I do think this is a very winnable game and our boys are going to play hard. That is my favorite part of being a Lindale fan. Our boys play with a lot of effort week in and week out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I agree with you for the most part. I don't really think the offensive playcalling is as bad as you're making it out to be. I think the OC tried to open it up in the 2nd half last week and we threw a pick in the endzone. We could have just continued to rely on the run but that is not what happened. Then instead of going up by 3 scores again, we ended up turning it over and only being up one score. 

I do think this is a very winnable game and our boys are going to play hard. That is my favorite part of being a Lindale fan. Our boys play with a lot of effort week in and week out.

I agree, play calling was good until the pick, then It was run right, run left against 8-9 man fronts. That doesn’t work. But it’s not anything for us to argue over. Let’s go eagles!! 

• Like 1

In 2020, Lindale was up huge, and Gilmer played the best 2nd half of their entire season and came back and won the game.  They just made huge plays on both sides off the ball.

in 2021, Gilmer jumped out big, and then got really sloppy, and Lindale got back in the football game and almost won it.

Both games could have gone either way.  I imagine this one is the same.  If Gilmer can establish a running game, I think they win easily.  They have too many athletes at receiver.  If the Lindale safeties have to start creeping closer and closer to the line of scrimmage to stop the run, Gilmer will go over the top and burn them.  But if Lindale can control the Line of Scrimmage and not have to commit their safeties to stopping the run, they have a chance.

The good news for Gilmer is TCU44 picked Lindale to win.  That almost assures a Gilmer victory

• LOL! 1

On 9/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, d0tc0m said:

Yes. This.

You cannot ever be up enough on Gilmer. I don't care how big of a lead you might get, keep piling on. Not to be "disrespectful," but literally because no lead is safe. The Buckeyes can go into Nascar mode in a hurry and you look up and a four-score lead might suddenly be down to one possession. They can save a lot of clock too, because they can hit the home runs on any given play.

You have to stay aggressive. You might make a mistake, but I'd rather make a mistake being aggressive than going three and out hoping to milk the clock. The clock is almost never going to be your friend when you play Gilmer.

That’s not entirely accurate..

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s not entirely accurate..

Contextualized for this conversation, it was pretty accurate. And Carthage actually did exactly what I was talking about. The Dawgs kept piling it on. They never took the foot off the gas on either side of the ball. That's why those 70 points were more than enough.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Contextualized for this conversation, it was pretty accurate. And Carthage actually did exactly what I was talking about. The Dawgs kept piling it on. They never took the foot off the gas on either side of the ball. That's why those 70 points were more than enough.

You are 100% correct.

One thing that’s always held true about Gilmer is they will not quit; you can’t jack around with them.

Great program and mentality from those Buckeyes of Upshur County.

• Like 3