Gilmer (3-0) @ Lindale (2-1)

GoodOleBoy73

Gilmer @ Lindale   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Gilmer’s athletic QB and quality WRs will cause Carthage problems on occasion……but unless things drastically change in 10 weeks, Carthage will definitely be the favorite.  

Man have we ever gave them problems, we don’t go off a scripted play calling sheet and don’t make adjustments during the game we haven’t scored over 14 points on them 

I agree. Carthage has just had our number. When our kids get down 7 or 14 against them. It gets in their heads and they fall apart.  All respect to Carthage.  I mean We are great and have a program that other towns would kill for. Just can get past that mental aspe t of Carthage.   It helps they are incredible every year. 

But i still take a Buckeye all day everyday.   And you will never change my mind.

1 hour ago, 36gut said:

A poster called 'oldbuckeye#62' who hasn't been on here since 2018 (so he may be doing it from heaven now) liked to put what he called the 'Buckeye tinkers dang hex' on opponents. So I'll give him credit wherever he is for causing the bad snap.

The new QB y'all have is a gamer. If he can learn to pass as well as tall and lanky #17 used to do, watch out.

Sam Peterson - had to look up his name. Fame is fleeting or my mind is going, one or the other.

Thanks for the kind words about the players. I saw several of the kids last night after the game, and none took it harder than the QB. He’s a really good kid and this is his first year. He’s carrying the weight of these losses and appears to be blaming himself. He’ll get there. Just takes time and reps. He threw some absolute dimes last night and he had some other throws that were poor. He’s just a little inconsistent right now, but he can throw it. He got better from last week and that’s all you can ask. He was mistake free. No fumbles. No INT’s. Progress. I’m very proud of these guys. They flat battle. They’re gaining confidence with each game. Funny you bring up Sam Peterson. I remember his sophomore year well. It was very inconsistent. He’d make a great play, then make a mistake. It’s just part of the learning process. On to Henderson. Let’s Go Eagles! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, goduke01 said:

I agree. Carthage has just had our number. When our kids get down 7 or 14 against them. It gets in their heads and they fall apart.  All respect to Carthage.  I mean We are great and have a program that other towns would kill for. Just can get past that mental aspe t of Carthage.   It helps they are incredible every year. 

But i still take a Buckeye all day everyday.   And you will never change my mind.

It’s not the kids that fall apart in order to beat a guy like SS u gotta have that killer instinct like Traylor had we are just to nice of a team these days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Gilmer’s athletic QB and quality WRs will cause Carthage problems on occasion……but unless things drastically change in 10 weeks, Carthage will definitely be the favorite.  

I agree with you except, I am not sure if Gilmers O line will be able to withstand the punishment the Dawg D line is going to bring. You can throw from your back. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

Show me the 10.38sec 100m times. When I say RUN, I literally mean RUN.

He can’t run 10.3 in football equipment big difference in track speed and football speed.  
Good example Paddy at Carthage is super fast in uniform. He makes DB’S break ankles with his cuts and then runs off and leaves them. 
No doubt the young man at Gilmer, if he goes untouched no one will catch him. 
Sounds like Lindale did a good job keeping him in check. 
Gilmer has another super fast player but I call his speed, football speed. I can never spell his right, Fluellen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I will say it bluntly, you are STUPID if you think Surratt would trade Carthage players for Gilmer players. 

And that’s not a dig at Gilmer players. I know they have several good athletes and players. But that was really dumb and nowhere near the truth. And you said it so confidently. 😂

1 hour ago, buckeyefandom said:

Show me the 10.38sec 100m times. When I say RUN, I literally mean RUN.

Henderson is very fast but just like it was said earlier. This is is football not track. He can run a 9.38 a second faster than he is sideline to sideline but it does no good when you have three or four Dawgs waiting on him every time he try to turn the corner. I’m sure he will do great in track but like I said this is football. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Put down the crack pipe…. Did you really just say that? I KNOW Scott will take his “horses” every single year.  Coaching is only ONE reason among many that Carthage has beaten Gilmer for 7 in a row now and it hasn’t even been close. Chill your horses.

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I will say it bluntly, you are STUPID if you think Surratt would trade Carthage players for Gilmer players. 

Woo-sah…

Dont get banned over someone talking stupid, Honch! We need ya!

1 hour ago, Maineman1988 said:

Damn shame for Gilmer kids and coaches, they lose 1 game all year and guru gonna talk about how horrible they are. 

What are u talking about when have I said they were horrible get out ur feelings chump. It’s my opinion that our OC folds in every big game. I’m not impressed with beating the teams that we always beat u can settle for that all u want. Our program is one of the top so we can’t be getting records set against us if you don’t like what I have to say don’t read it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

He said that too?

Can you read? I said simply Gilmer has SPEED and athleticism this year like they have not had since 1984-85.  It is so amazing to me how you guys from Carthage and Longview jump on Gilmer threads and talk smack. 

Y’all are TEN WEEKS AWAY from having to worry about Gilmer. You have your ranking and you play your schedule. I hear now Cuero is the best 4A D2 team in the state… go jump on THEIR threads and worry about things!

And yes.  Absolutely Scott would LOVE to have a first team all state RB, the pre-season State Defensive DB committed to TCU, and a kid who runs a sun 10.4 100m!  YOU are an idiot if you think otherwise!

No, Gilmer will NOT play Longview. Nobody with any inkling of understanding for football would suggest anything so idiotic.  And no, LONGVIEW doesn’t have a kid on their roster who would catch Will Henderson in the open field! Carthage CERTAINLY doesn’t have a kid that fast. Not many teams do!

And THAT was my point…. Geniuses. 

10 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Thanks for the kind words about the players. I saw several of the kids last night after the game, and none took it harder than the QB. He’s a really good kid and this is his first year. He’s carrying the weight of these losses and appears to be blaming himself. He’ll get there. Just takes time and reps. He threw some absolute dimes last night and he had some other throws that were poor. He’s just a little inconsistent right now, but he can throw it. He got better from last week and that’s all you can ask. He was mistake free. No fumbles. No INT’s. Progress. I’m very proud of these guys. They flat battle. They’re gaining confidence with each game. Funny you bring up Sam Peterson. I remember his sophomore year well. It was very inconsistent. He’d make a great play, then make a mistake. It’s just part of the learning process. On to Henderson. Let’s Go Eagles! 

Lindale has a LOT to be proud of! There are also a lot of connections between the two coaching trees. The Eagles play in a TOUGH District, (District of Doom) and talking to some members of the coaching staff before the game, we all agreed that this would be the BEST and TOUGHEST “Team” Gilmer would face until December… and that this would be a great preparation games for both teams and their respective next opponents.

We knew Coach Cochran was going to have the perfect game plan, and we knew that Lindale was a really bad “style matchup” for the Buckeyes! And boy were we right! I was talking to one of our kids today about how he was FEELING IT this morning, as that Lindale O-Line was huge and GOOD! But again… that is almost the perfect preparation for PG, Gilmer’s first and likely roughest District foe.

No accident that Coach Metzel scheduled the 3 teams from that D1 District who I think will represent them in the playoffs in CH, Kilgore and Lindale. CH’s two sophomores are flat out scary athletes… and it was lucky we got them week 1! Kilgore is big and fast as physical as usual, and their DT is a MONSTER! They pushed our O-Line to get better! And Lindale is a GEEAT TEAM! Disciplined, clean, physical and play so well within their scheme. And it was a game that literally came down to the last play!

Gilmer’s 4-0 record right now could very easily be different! But as Coach Metzel says, these games count for nothing and are scheduled to expose the things your team needs to GET FIXED before the games start counting! But as expected, Lindale played the absolute closest thing to a perfect game against the Buckeyes and had a chance at the end! And that was probably something Coach Cochran would have taken every day this summer preparing for his District! 

kudos to the town in Lindale and getting behind their kids (I was frankly embarrassed by Gilmer’s travel turnout to that game, and it didn’t help the Buckeyes!) kudos to the QB who IMO should not be so hard on himself and just enjoy this time and go play football! Cause he is a heck of a player, and from what I understand an even better kid. And having interacted with a lot of this current Lindale team over the past 3 years, there are a ton of great kids and the culture they have built will last a lot longer than they even know. Lindale is on the absolute RIGHT TRACK on all fronts (State Championship Band program too!)  I love to see kids being successful! And Lindale got every bit of “Umpff” out of things they could Friday night! A LOT to be proud of and look forward to for the Eagles! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, buckeyefandom said:

Can you read? I said simply Gilmer has SPEED and athleticism this year like they have not had since 1984-85.  It is so amazing to me how you guys from Carthage and Longview jump on Gilmer threads and talk smack. 

Y’all are TEN WEEKS AWAY from having to worry about Gilmer. You have your ranking and you play your schedule. I hear now Cuero is the best 4A D2 team in the state… go jump on THEIR threads and worry about things!

And yes.  Absolutely Scott would LOVE to have a first team all state RB, the pre-season State Defensive DB committed to TCU, and a kid who runs a sun 10.4 100m!  YOU are an idiot if you think otherwise!

No, Gilmer will NOT play Longview. Nobody with any inkling of understanding for football would suggest anything so idiotic.  And no, LONGVIEW doesn’t have a kid on their roster who would catch Will Henderson in the open field! Carthage CERTAINLY doesn’t have a kid that fast. Not many teams do!

It’s obvious that You are very passionate and emotional, to the point of delirium. 

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, buckeyefandom said:

Cuero got beat. 

• LOL! 1