Gilmer (3-0) @ Lindale (2-1)

GoodOleBoy73

Gilmer @ Lindale   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

It’s obvious that You are very passionate and emotional, to the point of delirium. 

And obvious he wasn’t talking to any coach that knows much……The last week in November, if not before, they will play a team way better than Lindale. 

The last time Carthage played football against a for sure Olympics level speedster the Bulldogs put up 64 points and had 530+ yards of offense against his team…….in the FIRST HALF.

One player with world class speed does not equal victory against Carthage or any other football team - team sport not individual track competition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Hey!! Let’s keep the putting down lindale to a minimum in here! LoL 

No worries… that is just Carthage fans. They are Smoaky.com’s version of Californians. They will move in uninvited and take over your thread, raise your property taxes and bring all of their brainwashed views with them.

We have mad respect for Lindale and y’all have a great bunch of kids, a great coaching staff and a fantastic town who loves and supports your kids in all of their activities. We love being there and it was a great game. Mega Kudos to LISD from Buckeye Country.

(We should all just wish we were from Carthage… then all we would have to do with our time is troll around and find threads that have nothing to do with us, hi-jack them and fulfill our mission of making everything about “The Dawgs” too!!!!  But shhhh… they are all over on the Cowboys thread now playing 6 degrees of separation between Cooper Rush and Coach Surratt… don’t interrupt them. Because any delusional idiot knows the only reason the Dallas Cowboys are not 0-2 right now is because Jerry Jones recognized that nobody from Carthage was in attendance last week!) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go get’em in that District of Doom Eagles!

• Confused 1
  • Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

No worries… that is just Carthage fans. They are Smoaky.com’s version of Californians. They will move in uninvited and take over your thread, raise your property taxes and bring all of their brainwashed views with them.

We have mad respect for Lindale and y’all have a great bunch of kids, a great coaching staff and a fantastic town who loves and supports your kids in all of their activities. We love being there and it was a great game. Mega Kudos to LISD from Buckeye Country.

(We should all just wish we were from Carthage… then all we would have to do with our time is troll around and find threads that have nothing to do with us, hi-jack them and fulfill our mission of making everything about “The Dawgs” too!!!!  But shhhh… they are all over on the Cowboys thread now playing 6 degrees of separation between Cooper Rush and Coach Surratt… don’t interrupt them. Because any delusional idiot knows the only reason the Dallas Cowboys are not 0-2 right now is because Jerry Jones recognized that nobody from Carthage was in attendance last week!) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey you do know a Gilmer fan started this mess stating Surratt would trade players and he also said no one in4A or 5ADII had Gilmer speed. 
If you have been on Smoaky very long, you would know Carthage always give Gilmer coaches and players respect. I certainly have. 

• Like 3

@buckeyefandom,

Us Carthage fans respect Gilmer and know we have to bring it when we play the Buckeyes. 

Apologies for having taken over some threads, because your accusation there is accurate; we have done that. Sometimes we were brought into the conversation by being referenced by those whom the thread was the subject of and simply responded and it grew from there.  Sometimes I am sure we have interjected and hijacked the thread.

There are quite a few Carthage posters on SDC so when we jump on a thread there can be quite a bit of posts rather quickly.

Good luck to you and your Buckeyes this season, and I won’t be surprised if we see each other on the field in the playoffs.

👍

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

In the words of Justin Timberlake…

”Cry me a River!”

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

You know this started with your ridiculous comment that included as you said “Scott in Carthage” would gladly trade his players for Gilmers players and when you were called out on it you pile a bunch of love on Lindale and try to make the issue look like it’s between Carthage and Lindale.  Your practicing your gaslighting you learned on msnbc.  

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

23 minutes ago, house said:

You know this started with your ridiculous comment that included as you said “Scott in Carthage” would gladly trade his players for Gilmers players and when you were called out on it you pile a bunch of love on Lindale and try to make the issue look like it’s between Carthage and Lindale.  Your practicing your gaslighting you learned on msnbc.  

Ouch 

14 hours ago, buckeyefandom said:

You were the one that made a absurd comment (slighting Carthage in the process) that even fellow Buckeyes fans did not and won't support, because they can be realistic while also supporting their school, something you do not appear capable of.  If the tables were turned and Gilmer had beaten Carthage SEVEN times in a row and it wasn't even close, you'd not hear any Carthage fans being so conceited as to say "I know Metzel/Gilmer would rather have Carthage's players." How stupid is that? Trade your squads that you have absolutely DOMINATED the other team with? lol.  

When you are better, you are just better.  Carthage has been a lot better for the last 7 meetings.  If both teams play well enough and are lucky enough to play this year, we will see if Gilmer will return to being competitive with Carthage.  

Just now, rocksoldier1 said:

Watched the first quarter of the Carthage game.  Think it was 4th and 6 for y’all from around your 35. Of course Carthage goes for it and gets the first down.  Meanwhile, Gilmer has a 4th and 1 from midfield and punts.  Not too many years ago we never would have done that. 

I don't think Metzel is a bad coach.  I don't think you make it to two SC games in a row based on purely talent alone.  But I do think he plays it too safe and doesn't roll the dice enough.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rocksoldier1 said:

Watched the first quarter of the Carthage game.  Think it was 4th and 6 for y’all from around your 35. Of course Carthage goes for it and gets the first down.  Meanwhile, Gilmer has a 4th and 1 from midfield and punts.  Not too many years ago we never would have done that. 

Add to that Carthage QB threw it to Hatten in double coverage.  😂

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:13 AM, Sportsguru02 said:

If we play Carthage they will be able to name their score. Our coaching staff tenses up with SS being on the other side it’s kinda like the coach off of waterboy lol

I agree.  I don't think there's anybody that is even close to figuring out a way to beat Carthage right now.

16 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I agree.  I don't think there's anybody that is even close to figuring out a way to beat Carthage right now.

It will happen eventually. And the time will come again when Gilmer gets the best of Carthage, they have too good a program not to. I just hope it’s not this year, because we really want another championship this year. Lol

• Like 1

I just want to add one more thing to this conversation.  Lindale is big, has good talent, is disciplined, and well-coached.  The whole team and town is a class act.  The Eagles were absolutely NOT going to let Gilmer's Fluellen be a factor, nor were they going to let Haynes run effectively inside the tackles.  You can call that excellent game planning by their coaching staff.  Gilmer's best plays were when they were able to get outside and use their speed and athleticism.  Tomahawk (yes that's actually Will Henderson's middle name) broke two long ones which really proved to be the difference in the game.

My frustration comes to a head when we don't make in-game adjustments to the other team's game plan.  The outside game was open all night, and for the life of me I have no idea why we didn't exploit it more.  I'm hoping our coaches have figured some things out, and can make in-game adjustments much quicker.  That's what it will take to get to the next level.

I would absolutely love to see the Tomahawk as a receiver, and Haynes in the backfield.  Nobody, and I do mean nobody would be able to catch the Tomahawk from behind.  Just a few thoughts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

It will happen eventually. And the time will come again when Gilmer gets the best of Carthage, they have too good a program not to. I just hope it’s not this year, because we really want another championship this year. Lol

So do we!  Y'all already have a trophy case full.  We need a few more for ours!😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I just want to add one more thing to this conversation.  Lindale is big, has good talent, is disciplined, and well-coached.  The whole team and town is a class act.  The Eagles were absolutely NOT going to let Gilmer's Fluellen be a factor, nor were they going to let Haynes run effectively inside the tackles.  You can call that excellent game planning by their coaching staff.  Gilmer's best plays were when they were able to get outside and use their speed and athleticism.  Tomahawk (yes that's actually Will Henderson's middle name) broke two long ones which really proved to be the difference in the game.

My frustration comes to a head when we don't make in-game adjustments to the other team's game plan.  The outside game was open all night, and for the life of me I have no idea why we didn't exploit it more.  I'm hoping our coaches have figured some things out, and can make in-game adjustments much quicker.  That's what it will take to get to the next level.

I would absolutely love to see the Tomahawk as a receiver, and Haynes in the backfield.  Nobody, and I do mean nobody would be able to catch the Tomahawk from behind.  Just a few thoughts.

Thanks to Kilgore...we showed Lindale what not to do 🤣

• LOL! 3

On 9/19/2022 at 11:21 AM, rocksoldier1 said:

I do agree that Coach Metzel doesn't roll the dice often enough, nor does he try for the big play often enough.  Not dissing him, it's just that sometimes in tight games you have throw caution to the wind and trust your guys to get it done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

What about the young man from Bay City that ran 10.25 in Austin ? Just poking fun, I know your guy is extra fast.