Gilmer (3-0) @ Lindale (2-1)

GoodOleBoy73

Gilmer @ Lindale   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Fortunately, he doesn't play for any team we will face....šŸ˜€

Back in the 90s L-K had a guy that ran 4.28 and 4.31 at his pro day in collegeā€¦ā€¦.Gilmer had a guy run him down from behind in Gilmer - but that was his 221st yard of the first quarter. Ā 

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Fortunately, he doesn't play for any team we will face....šŸ˜€

The Dawgs played a team that had a young man with Olympic 100 meter speed. Coach Surratt said in pregame, if he gets behind us. We will not catch him. He did twice, but the Dawgs had already put up over five hundred yards and 62 points by half time.Ā 
I guess the key is keep the speedster in front and make him remember the hits.Ā 
This years Dawgs are bringing bone jarring hits. It almost looks they know exactly where the ball will be going before it is snapped.Ā 
There is always 5 to six guys on the tackle.Ā 

14 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs played a team that had a young man with Olympic 100 meter speed. Coach Surratt said in pregame, if he gets behind us. We will not catch him. He did twice, but the Dawgs had already put up over five hundred yards and 62 points by half time.Ā 
I guess the key is keep the speedster in front and make him remember the hits.Ā 
This years Dawgs are bringing bone jarring hits. It almost looks they know exactly where the ball will be going before it is snapped.Ā 
There is always 5 to six guys on the tackle.Ā 

I know it takes 11 guys playing together to make stops, and that will nullify, or at least limit, any speed advantage somebody may have.Ā  That's called DEFENSE for a reason.Ā  If you can limit that one guy it's not going to matter how much speed he has.

• Like 3