WEEK 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)

Mavchamp

Week 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Carthage in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Carthage in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

62FD8B26-E436-4C67-B5E6-CB08996A7054.jpeg

I'll get all the fun historical stuff between the two programs posted in the next day or two.  Not a TON of history between them, but there's some.

Working on stats for the Mavs.....should have those too.

Looking forward to a great game. 

Tons of respect for SS and the Bulldogs.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

This gonna be a better game than some think 

I personally voted for Carthage in a close one.  I know that in Week 2 Marshall was blown out by Longview, but that is Longview. I think Marshall is on the right track. If they play focused and bring all they got this will be a great game. 

If Carthage slips up and make mistakes I think the Mavs are capable of making them pay for those mistakes. 

• Like 1

Well there is the if Carthage can beat the mavs by more than Longview did then we can keep the Carthage should play the lobos hypothesis alive for ten more years conspiracy theories...on the other hand I think Carthage wins by a small margin of 7-9 points if and that's if the o line can keep marshall front 7 at bay long enough for the pass routes to open up some...but I do so love a good conspiracy...chain out 

• LOL! 4
  • Roll Eyes 1

I really like both programs and enjoy watching them.  I am pulling for the Mavs but think it will be a tall order.  Carthage is a beast.  Mavs will have to play their best game of the season and be able to consistently run the ball.  Their secondary is also suspect and will have to play the game of their lives.  I will say that if Marshall can keep this close going into the 4th, those RBs could be the difference.

• Like 2

Alvaraz is a very accomplished and experienced coach. This one is going to test his merit for sure. The first 3 games have been blowouts one way or the other but this one has the chance to be a good game. Looking forward to watching the chess match that will be Surratt vs Alvaraz. Will Carthage be able to slow down the Mavs ground game? Will the Dawgs take advantage of Marshalls suspect secondary? Which team will make the most costly mistakes?

• Like 1

The Dawg starting defense has allowed 0 points and less than 100 yards total offense in three ball games. 
That is nothing short of amazing considering they replace 9 starters from a defense that Is known for being one of the best defenses in all of 4A in 2020 and 2021. 
This young group is big, strong, and very fast to the ball. 
I am very excited to see how good they can be. 
The Dawg offense we new would be much improved but they are still very young. They have great senior leadership in Cuff, Hatten, Paddy, and senior at Tackle. 
The offensive line will be tested this week in both pass blocking and run blocking. 
Marshall will have the size and depth to test the Dawgs stamina 

what a great game for the Dawgs to see where they are in the fourth and final game before district starts. 
One thing I know for sure, the Dawgs will prepare for a very physical game. 
Let’s Go Dawgs🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and working on 🏆

Go Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

10 hours ago, OnTheClock said:

Respectfully, the Mavericks have won two games against two 0-3 teams. Carthage should win this one with ease. Go Mavs!

The Bulldogs have beat teams that are currently a combined (1-8). 

I think this is going to be a great game for two teams that are primed for good runs in their respective divisions.

• Like 1

Carthage’s 2018 win over Marshall came 47 years after its last previous win in the series.  The Bulldogs’ 40-0 win early in the 1971 season turned out to be one of that season’s few bright spots for Coach Bill Brasher’s crew. CHS’s wishbone offense didn’t fool many of their other opponents, as they won only 1 district game in finishing 3-6-1. Believe it or not, the tie came in the season opener against the Longview Lobos. (Just had to somehow get their name back in this thread).

That was a long time ago…PantherNation2015’s father-in-law was a senior on that Bulldog team.

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Got most of the good stuff posted.  Got a few more things I'm hoping to add.

Carthage Vs. Marshall:  https://www.marshallmavericks.net/gameday

Main Page: https://www.marshallmavericks.net

Dawgs have 8 state championships. 
in the information section on Carthage, you said the Dawgs have won six and appeared in 8. 
FYI

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Dawgs have 8 state championships. 
in the information section on Carthage, you said the Dawgs have won six and appeared in 8. 
FYI

C&C - I think you should volunteer to help Mavchamp with the update this week.  You know all the history, titles, stats, etc. when it comes to the Dawgs.  I bet Mavchamp would appreciate a solid source for info since  the local news has slipped on HS sports coverage lately!  😁