WEEK 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)

Mavchamp

Week 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Carthage in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Carthage in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

@LoboFan07, put it this way, what would your feelings be about King and King versus other coaches in your mind if he’d won even half as many state championships at Longview, then if he’d won 8 and been to multiple semifinals with multiple 40+ game win streaks sprinkled in?

Then the aspect of that’s your hometown and your high school’s HC not just a coach you know of from a distance.

Put yourself in our shoes, and I do believe you’ll fully understand why we’re enamored with our football coach. 

lol I literally said that one line just to see how many notifications I would wake up from Carthage fans losing their mind as if I was somehow dissing the man. And of course, I wasn't disappointed.

I don't see the Mavs winning this just because Carthage seems to be on a mission this year. But would love nothing more than to see Marshall get that W.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol I literally said that one line just to see how many notifications I would wake up from Carthage fans losing their mind as if I was somehow dissing the man. And of course, I wasn't disappointed.

I don't see the Mavs winning this just because Carthage seems to be on a mission this year. But would love nothing more than to see Marshall get that W.

That’s fine, doesn’t make my point any less valid.

How would you feel about King if he’d won eight state championships for your Lobos?

I do not want Longview to lose, ever.

I would love for the Lobos to win at the same rate as the Bulldogs.

We’d have 4A and 5A/6A locked down statewide between the two premier East Texas programs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

How would you feel about King if he’d won eight state championships for your Lobos?

We’d have 4A and 5A/6A locked down statewide between the two premier East Texas programs.

Winning eight titles in *any* classification is an amazing feat, and makes you a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Period. 

Winning state titles is harder the larger the classification, especially for an East Texas program vs. large metros.

John King is the greatest coach in Longview history, and one of the best in the state of Texas.
Scott Surratt is the greatest coach in Carthage history, and one of the best in the state of Texas.

Both men, and both programs, can be great without diminishing the other. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This thread has nothing to do with King or Longview or any other 5A D1 school. 

Marshall is a school I always cheer for, unless it’s us or T High. They’re on the right path back, I just don’t think they’re there yet.

No matter what happens in yalls game, it doesn’t change anything. Y’all getting dominated by the Mavs, imagine that reaction, means nothing to me knowing we still have to face Aledo or Denton Ryan to get to where we want to be. 

No one other than North Shore and Austin Westlake is winning at the same rate than Carthage in the top 2 classifications (and even that is less than what Carthage had done in the lower classes). Would I love to see our boys become something Carthage like? Sure. But it’s not realistic. 

Good luck to your boys on Friday. There’s literally zero reason to be thinking about anything Longview even though I know a good size portion of yalls fan base continues to do so for some strange reason.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LOL said:

Winning eight titles in *any* classification is an amazing feat, and makes you a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Period. 

Winning state titles is harder the larger the classification, especially for an East Texas program vs. large metros.

John King is the greatest coach in Longview history, and one of the best in the state of Texas.
Scott Surratt is the greatest coach in Carthage history, and one of the best in the state of Texas.

Both men, and both programs, can be great without diminishing the other. 

Agreed.

I did not diminish King’s accomplishments I just asked how would @LoboFan07 feel toward King had he won eight, that’s not degrading anyone it’s just asking for consideration of how we feel about Surratt.

No shots fired. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Marshall is a school I always cheer for, unless it’s us or T High. They’re on the right path back, I just don’t think they’re there yet.

No matter what happens in yalls game, it doesn’t change anything. Y’all getting dominated by the Mavs, imagine that reaction, means nothing to me knowing we still have to face Aledo or Denton Ryan to get to where we want to be. 

No one other than North Shore and Austin Westlake is winning at the same rate than Carthage in the top 2 classifications (and even that is less than what Carthage had done in the lower classes). Would I love to see our boys become something Carthage like? Sure. But it’s not realistic. 

Good luck to your boys on Friday. There’s literally zero reason to be thinking about anything Longview even though I know a good size portion of yalls fan base continues to do so for some strange reason.

I started to say one thing, but then I was like “Nah Honcho, they won’t get it.” So I’ll just leave it be.

Despite you still being condescending towards Carthage fans, Good luck to the Lobos. Hope y’all win another this year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Sir, you headed it in that direction not us, you admitted it in a previous post, and now act like we’re punks for responding to it.

Thank you for the well wishes and I do mean this, I want your Lobos to go undefeated and throttle Aledo and Denton Ryan, all comers!

9 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I started to say one thing, but then I was like “Nah Honcho, they won’t get it.” So I’ll just leave it be.

Despite you still being condescending towards Carthage fans, Good luck to the Lobos. Hope y’all win another this year. 

Say it.  You are Mike friggin’ Honcho!

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

When did he mention Longview or King? YOU brought up Longview and King lol. 

No no, he kind of gave a little jab about how we Carthage feel about Surratt and I just asked for his consideration of how feel about our coach by putting himself in our shoes asking had King won eight for the Lobos how much greater his admiration for King would be.

I wasn’t bringing up King in the context that you may have thought I did.

I was saying Lobo fans’ collective love for King would be that much greater, which then he better understands our admiration for Surratt. 

That’s all, no disparaging thoughts or words from me.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

When did he mention Longview or King? YOU brought up Longview and King lol. 

You are technically correct. I think what he was referring to was the comment that he made about Carthage fans daring to think Surratt is one of the GOATs at this level. Which he then stated was just to elicit a response.

• Thanks 2

Just now, mikehoncho said:

You are technically correct. I think what he was referring to was the comment that he made about Carthage fans daring to think Surratt is one of the GOATs at this level. Which he then stated was just to elicit a response.

This is correct, I wasn’t saying anything negative about Longview.

@JohnnyFootball knows I’m a Longview Lobos fan.

Just now, mikehoncho said:

Oh yeah. It was trolling for sure. That kinda thing is allowed (and seemingly encouraged) on this site, sadly. 🤷‍♂️ I don't think anyone would deny that Surratt is one of the best ever. They'd be crazy if they did. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oh yeah. It was trolling for sure. That kinda thing is allowed (and seemingly encouraged) on this site, sadly. 🤷‍♂️ I don't think anyone would deny that Surratt is one of the best ever. They'd be crazy if they did. 

Lol you wrong for that 😂

Well I see crazy people on here every day then. 🤷🏻‍♂️