WEEK 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)

Mavchamp

Week 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Carthage in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Carthage in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

The Longview News Journal shows Cuff being 42-61 for 849 yards.

Cuff threw 35 passes in the first two games and completed 32. 
Not sure where LNJ got their information. That means Cuff threw 27 passes in the third game and only completed 10, I will go back and look at my notes when I get back home  

There is no way he missed that many passes in game three  

34 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Not sure where LNJ got their information. That means Cuff threw 27 passes in the third game and only completed 10, I will go back and look at my notes when I get back home  

He did not, something’s a little off.

Either way, he’s had a good start to the season.

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Either the Panola Watchman or Larry Allen, the “ Voice of the Bulldogs “, had Cuff at 30-35 after the first two games. If LNJ is correct, he was 12-26 last week. I believe he started out 7-17 against Cornerstone. If so, that means he went 5-9 after that, which seems reasonable to me…but I could be wrong about last week.

Why doesn't Carthage just opt to move-up to 4A-D1 in football only?   They have plenty of players in the program to meet any depth issues.   I think some other schools have done this for whatever reasons.  I could see many benefits for Carthage to gain by moving up to D-1 in football.

37 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Why doesn't Carthage just opt to move-up to 4A-D1 in football only?   They have plenty of players in the program to meet any depth issues.   I think some other schools have done this for whatever reasons.  I could see many benefits for Carthage to gain by moving up to D-1 in football.

I could be wrong...but I don't think schools can just "opt up" anymore.  They have to meet certain parameters.

It has to be a multi-school district and they want the schools together (Frisco ISD, Fort  Bend, Katy).

Or travel hardship.  

Don't think Carthage can claim either of those.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

What’s the benefit? Why would they not play where their enrollment says they belong? Not real sure where this came from. Why doesn’t Argyle opt for 6A?

13 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

What’s the benefit? Why would they not play where their enrollment says they belong? Not real sure where this came from. Why doesn’t Argyle opt for 6A?

Argyle has plenty on their plate in 5A-D2 right now.  Carthage is dominating 4A-D2......the question was not "out of bounds".

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle has plenty on their plate in 5A-D2 right now.  Carthage is dominating 4A-D2......the question was not "out of bounds".

Carthage was beat in the playoffs just last season. 
I just don’t understand the question. Carthage is competing against the schools of its size and having decent success. It makes no sense to even think about moving up voluntarily. And I’m not 100% sure the competition is that much better in D1. Guess China Spring is there, so there’s that.

Celina moved up too.  Stephenville ain't no slouch......neither is La Vega as a program.  There's plenty to chew on in 4A-D1.  Down south there's some quality teams in D-1 also.  With the growth in the cities across Texas, even though Carthage is not experiencing that growth rate......some of these teams are expanding their rosters and programs and experiencing positive results.

51 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I could be wrong...but I don't think schools can just "opt up" anymore.  They have to meet certain parameters.

It has to be a multi-school district and they want the schools together (Frisco ISD, Fort  Bend, Katy).

Or travel hardship.  

Don't think Carthage can claim either of those.  

Can one “opt down”?  Asking for a friend.  😂

• LOL! 3

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

How do the teams compare from a size and skill standpoint?

14-0 Carthage in the 2nd after another Edwards TD run and Surratt pass for 2pts. 

Marshall defense looks like they have better speed on the edges than the other teams the Freshman have played. Limiting Edwards to 15 yard gains instead of 60 yard tds. For now… lol. 

Size looks to be comparable. Marshall DBs are running with and covering better than other opponents thus far. 

Edited by mikehoncho