WEEK 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)

Mavchamp

Week 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Carthage in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Carthage in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

30-0 Carthage with 1:16 left in half after Screen pass TD to Edwards and another 2pt pass. Lol 

I would pay to see those 2 freshman squads go at it. From what ive seen of our freshman team, we have talent but lack physicality. Tackling is horrendous. The offense looked good before the qb got hurt vs Longview.  Is the big bruiser rb playing for Marshall?

2 minutes ago, mav01 said:

I would pay to see those 2 freshman squads go at it. From what ive seen of our freshman team, we have talent but lack physicality. Tackling is horrendous. The offense looked good before the qb got hurt vs Longview.  Is the big bruiser rb playing for Marshall?

I have no idea, honestly. Marshall hasn’t moved the ball much at all. I don’t think the RBs have gotten to do much north and south running so far tonight. 

38-0 Carthage after either a pass to #5 or WR sweep, I missed the start of the play. 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I have no idea, honestly. Marshall hasn’t moved the ball much at all. I don’t think the RBs have gotten to do much north and south running so far tonight. 

38-0 Carthage after either a pass to #5 or WR sweep, I missed the start of the play. 

Reverse

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mav01 said:

I think you should take your $5 and buy some lottery tickets.  It’s a better investment.  Honcho will keep you updated.  😁

3 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Is Marshall's starting Qb #17 and the rb #40? Just wondering if they are injured(or possibly moved to Varsity in the Rbs case)

Sorry I should have been more clear. My first sentence was referring to Longviews freshmen not ours. 

Bizzle set it up!  Carthage vs Longview!  I’ll be there.  😂

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Is Marshall's starting Qb #17 and the rb #40? Just wondering if they are injured(or possibly moved to Varsity in the Rbs case)

Sorry I should have been more clear. My first sentence was referring to Longviews freshmen not ours. 

I honestly don’t remember the numbers. 

52-0 final. 

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I honestly don’t remember the numbers. 

52-0 final. 

I doubt the rb played then. Would have remembered him. Earl Campbell style runner. Hopefully he isn't injured and was just moved up.

With all the sophomores on the Carthage Varsity and their Freshman team coming up, they have alot to look forward to. May have a shot against them next year when these sr's graduate, but the next 2 years after that should be special.

4 minutes ago, mav01 said:

I doubt the rb played then. Would have remembered him. Earl Campbell style runner. Hopefully he isn't injured and was just moved up.

With all the sophomores on the Carthage Varsity and their Freshman team coming up, they have alot to look forward to. May have a shot against them next year when these sr's graduate, but the next 2 years after that should be special.

I’m guessing it wasn’t him. They didn’t block very well for the guy who did play. This freshmen class looks pretty special for Carthage.

4 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Next year's Carthage team should be 7 to 10 points better than this year's team........Baring injuries, LT and one WR are the only major spots to be filled...............QB and slot rec. are really good this year, but next year will be no drop off at those 2 spots.

One thing seems consistent about Marshall no matter who the coach is...... the sub-varsites are awful.

It's been that way for at least 20 years.  

It's amazing how the varsity continues to be successful year after year/

BUT.....IMHO.... it's the biggest reason Marshall has never entered the realm of Longview, Carthage, Texas High (minus their years in 5A Div I).

Hopefully Alvarez can change that........ Southern, Harris, Harper, Mathis, Greidl.... all had (mostly) terrible sub-varsities.  

6 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

28-23 Marshall final

JV team is growing up quick.

Freshman B team score didn't shock me.  The A score most definitely did.

I know the other Mav poster thought a few guys might have been missing for y’all, but I can say this about our Freshman group. They are electric and have been dominant every year they have played thus far. We are very excited to see what they do in the next few years. 

• Like 1