WEEK 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)

Mavchamp

Week 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Carthage in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Carthage in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

That's why I like the public polls.  You can look and see who's voting for the blowouts and go "that doesn't mean a whole lot."

I looked at who voted for a Carthage blowout and for some of them it’s wishful thinking on their parts. It has nothing to do with Carthage.  It’s more about them hoping Marshall is weak so they can boost their argument for their team in district. 

Their true colors are on full display. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 10:55 PM, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

Marshall D-Line will be the best Carthage O-Line has seen. But again Marshall secondary is extremely extremely weak. If the Dawg O-Line could hold of Marshall D-Line then I don’t think it will go well for Marshall.

I do see Marshall shortening the game tremendously to have a chance late if it is close. I honestly think the dawgs could load the box just bc I don’t think Marshall QB is very good. If the dawgs can keep Marshall in second and third long then I like the dawgs chances of this being a 10-17 point spread. 

but on the flip side if Marshall D-Line can cause havoc I could see this game coming down to who has the ball last. I do know if we get Marshall behind early it could spell trouble for them really quick. 

Secondary didn't look bad against Henderson. That QB had an arm to throw deep he just wasn't accurate. But I didn't see their WRs getting away from Marshalls secondary much. It's improving each game. 

Just now, Mikielee00 said:

Secondary didn't look bad against Henderson. That QB had an arm to throw deep he just wasn't accurate. But I didn't see their WRs getting away from Marshalls secondary much. It's improving each game. 

Carthage wide receivers are some of the best in the state. They can catch, make people mis tackles in space, and can flat out run after the catch. 
The Marshall DB’S will be tested. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, elevenDEEP said:

If Carthage shows up and executes like they are capable of then they roll on with another check in the win column. Really looking forward to the matchup.

Well you can insert either team in that statement. That's just it. Whoever makes the least mistakes should win. Carthage QB will get pressured a lot so he better get the ball out quick. Marshall's RBs are powerful and fast and won't be passing much. Are the Carthage CBs tall? Because Marshall has some tall WRs if that's the case Marshall might balance with passing and rushing. I'm gonna predict 27-24 Marshall 

49 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage wide receivers are some of the best in the state. They can catch, make people mis tackles in space, and can flat out run after the catch. 
The Marshall DB’S will be tested. 

The wide receiver unit is the strongest strength of the Bulldogs.

6 minutes ago, Mikielee00 said:

Well you can insert either team in that statement. That's just it. Whoever makes the least mistakes should win. Carthage QB will get pressured a lot so he better get the ball out quick. Marshall's RBs are powerful and fast and won't be passing much. Are the Carthage CBs tall? Because Marshall has some tall WRs if that's the case Marshall might balance with passing and rushing. I'm gonna predict 27-24 Marshall 

I really haven’t gotten the feeling that Marshall’s QB is that good as to put up numbers like that on the Bulldog defense. But if Marshall does achieve success in the running game then of course that opens things up a bit. Maybe Marshall exposes some of the younger and inexperienced defenders that Carthage has been breaking in this year.  We shall see.

Carthage’s #1 CB is tall and is great at making plays on the ball, jump balls, etc. 

No one has succeed in run or pass game against Carthage so far this year, but I do believe Marshall is the best team they will have played, so I’m looking forward to learning more about our team, win or lose. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I really haven’t gotten the feeling that Marshall’s QB is that good as to put up numbers like that on the Bulldog defense. But if Marshall does achieve success in the running game then of course that opens things up a bit. Maybe Marshall exposes some of the younger and inexperienced defenders that Carthage has been breaking in this year.  We shall see.

Carthage’s #1 CB is tall and is great at making plays on the ball, jump balls, etc. 

No one has succeed in run or pass game against Carthage so far this year, but I do believe Marshall is the best team they will have played, so I’m looking forward to learning more about our team, win or lose. 

Definitely. We will learn a lot about where the teams are at. I do think Marshall has had the tougher schedule so far with Kilgore only beating Hallsville by 6 and scoring on Carthage. But it's a dangerous game going by a couple of games to decide who will win. 

3 minutes ago, Mikielee00 said:

Definitely. We will learn a lot about where the teams are at. I do think Marshall has had the tougher schedule so far with Kilgore only beating Hallsville by 6 and scoring on Carthage. But it's a dangerous game going by a couple of games to decide who will win. 

I agree with you. This game more than any other should tell each team what they got. I feel like Longview isn’t the best measuring stick for Marshall because I believe Longview is just truly that damn good this year and will dominate most everyone they play.  For Carthage, time is only gonna tell how good or not Kilgore truly is this year. Pitt is young and should improve as the season goes on. Cornerstone was missing their starting QB, etc. Just too much unknown still about both these teams. 

• Like 2

If either team is minus 2 or more in the turnover department, I don't see them overcoming it.

Unless the other team is killing themselves with penalties at the same time. Carthage is the hands down favorite to win, but I don't see it being a blowout unless Marshall has fumble-itis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mav01 said:

If either team is minus 2 or more in the turnover department, I don't see them overcoming it.

Unless the other team is killing themselves with penalties at the same time. Carthage is the hands down favorite to win, but I don't see it being a blowout unless Marshall has fumble-itis.

Carthage has not turned the ball over many times in three games, if any at all.  Marshall has.  Carthage starters have not played more than about 2.5 quarters in three games, Marshall has.  Both could be important tonight.

36 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Carthage has not turned the ball over many times in three games, if any at all.  Marshall has.  Carthage starters have not played more than about 2.5 quarters in three games, Marshall has.  Both could be important tonight.

Marshall other than Longview game hasn't had to play more than 2 because they jumped out ahead so quick and put backups in my half. You can't play this by stats lol