WEEK 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)

Mavchamp

Week 4: Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Carthage in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Carthage in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

Best of luck to all three teams in this thread!!! LOL!

In all seriousness, I think this game is a good measuring stick for Carthage and Marshall.  The outcome will not determine either teams' future, but it will show each team where they are at.  I am excited for it.

I am also excited for Longview's season!  Serious talent over there that I think is going to do great things.  I think Coach King is a very good football coach.  I haven't paid enough attention to him to know just how good he is.  Also, I used to work with Taylor Tatum's dad, so I am pulling especially hard for them right now!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Sir, you headed it in that direction not us

lol.

Three mentions of Longview before any of us came to the thread...

On 9/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, mikehoncho said:

I personally voted for Carthage in a close one.  I know that in Week 2 Marshall was blown out by Longview, but that is Longview.

On 9/10/2022 at 9:16 AM, upullinmychain said:

Well there is the if Carthage can beat the mavs by more than Longview did then we can keep the Carthage should play the lobos hypothesis alive for ten more years conspiracy theories

On 9/11/2022 at 2:37 AM, BevBrownJr said:

Believe it or not, the tie came in the season opener against the Longview Lobos. (Just had to somehow get their name back in this thread).

I just brought a little life to the thread for saying y'all think he is a god amongst other coaches on the sideline, which isn't a dig or even the slightest disrespect. It's the absolute truth to what y'all think lol. Didn't say it was a wrong mind set, didn't say a negative word about the program or the town or the team. Yet, y'all always chose to take it that way. It's like clock work.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol.

I just brought a little life to the thread for saying y'all think he is a god amongst other coaches on the sideline, which isn't a dig or even the slightest disrespect. It's the absolute truth to what y'all think lol. Didn't say it was a wrong mind set, didn't say a negative word about the program or the town or the team. Yet, y'all always chose to take it that way. It's like clock work.

My mention of Longview was to illustrate that I believe Marshall is a good team despite how badly Longview beat them. @upullinmychainis not a Carthage follower. @BevBrownJr Was referring to a historical game, would have thought you could appreciate that since you fancy yourself a historian of sorts. And You know what @HearEmaGrowlin meant by what he said, but you are playing a game. 

I was mistaken about you. I thought you a gentleman and a scholar, being a historian and all. Didn’t realize you were just being an arsehat with much time on your hands. 

Edited by mikehoncho
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, mav01 said:

Let King schedule Carthage and get it over with. It's a lose lose for Longview, but could turn into a good game for both teams, regardless of classification. 

Meanwhile, back to the GOTW. 

Game of the week for good reason. Has the potential to be an exciting, back and forth game if both teams come prepared and execute. As a Carthage fan, I’m excited to see Marshall with Alvarez at the helm, compared to Marshall of recent memory. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

My mention of Longview was to illustrate that I believe Marshall is a good team despite how badly Longview beat them. @upullinmychainis not a Carthage follower. @BevBrownJr Was referring to a historical game, would have thought you could appreciate that since you fancy yourself a historian of sorts. And You know what @HearEmaGrowlin meant by what he said, but you are playing a game. 

I was mistaken about you. I thought you a gentleman and a scholar, being a historian and all. Didn’t realize you were just being an arsehat with much time on your hands. 

Well to be honest and forthright,I am a Carthage follower,and I'm also a Lobo follower.I tend to keep up with storied programs and their prosperity.True I'm a diehard Carlisle Indians fan through and through,but I don't think king or surratt are gonna schedule carlisle anytime soon...lol..I was just making a funny about the conspiracy's with Carthage and Longview,did not mean to trip everyone up....my bad,I apologize for uttering the name of Longview with an unclean mouth.so with that being said,I shall spurn the moniker Lobo going forward,may luck be ever in their favor.

• LOL! 3

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Well to be honest and forthright,I am a Carthage follower,and I'm also a Lobo follower.I tend to keep up with storied programs and their prosperity.True I'm a diehard Carlisle Indians fan through and through,but I don't think king or surratt are gonna schedule carlisle anytime soon...lol..I was just making a funny about the conspiracy's with Carthage and Longview,did not mean to trip everyone up....my bad,I apologize for uttering the name of Longview with an unclean mouth.so with that being said,I shall spurn the moniker Lobo going forward,may luck be ever in their favor.

My mistake, I just knew you were from Carlisle. 

Lol, you were really just saying out loud what, unfortunately, some posters on here do think and theorize about. Much to my chagrin. 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

I don't see Carthage as a huge threat to blow Marshall out. They could win but I don't really see that happening from what I've seen of Carthage. Same talk as always from Carthage, the last time Carthage won against Marshall, Marshall was not good that year the one year Marshall was decent was when Carthage won by 3. Marshall had a lot of drama going on that year within the team. I think Carthage is about to get humble pie. 

• Wow 1

Just now, Mikielee00 said:

I don't see Carthage as a huge threat to blow Marshall out. They could win but I don't really see that happening from what I've seen of Carthage. Same talk as always from Carthage, the last time Carthage won against Marshall, Marshall was not good that year the one year Marshall was decent was when Carthage won by 3. Marshall had a lot of drama going on that year within the team. I think Carthage is about to get humble pie. 

First post on Smoaky. “Welcome.” 

Would you mind specifying what you mean by  “same talk as always from Carthage”? It seems like most of our fan base is expecting a good, competitive game. 

• Like 1
  • SMH 1

3 minutes ago, Mikielee00 said:

Thank you sir. 

Majority on here are expecting that, Dave Campbell chat are expecting a blow out. Got side tracked and forgot which chat I was in lol people in here are way more sane than on that app 🤣

Lol the Football friday app chat is maybe the most depraved, ridiculous place on earth. 

And it seems like no matter what game chat I look at involving any schools it’s just… wild. Haha

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol.

So you’re the Candyman? Say your name 3 times and you appear?😂

Just be honest, you wanted to make a little dig at us. No problem! We prolly deserve it!

• LOL! 3

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Just be honest, you wanted to make a little dig at us. No problem! We prolly deserve it!

I’m out of reactions for the day but that made me lol. 

And some of us do deserve it, MAYBE. But some of us just want to exist in peace amongst fandoms. Haha 

Hello from the biggest Dawg Homer on Smoak. 
I am also a Lobo fan. 
Heck I am a fan of any East Texas team that has a shot at the title in any class. 
I will be a fan of Marshall after this game. 
The Beast from the East should be on a flag to any East texas team that makes to Jerry’s House. 
Friday night for me, means I want my Dawgs to improve and Marshall is the best team we will play so far that can help the Dawgs reach the goal 🏆 number nine. 
I expect a great ball game and I hope my Dawgs win. 
Oh by the way Coach Surratt and Preston, and staff are hands down the best in Texas High School Football. 
more state championships than playoff losses as a head football coach. 
name another. I told you I am a Dawg Homer🤠

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

lol just the "coach said this, this and this so that's all we see, made me laugh yesterday and I had to respond. Had also been in an airport for 8 hours yesterday so was bored.

Y'all are, mostly, good people.

• Like 3

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

Hello from the biggest Dawg Homer on Smoak. 
I am also a Lobo fan. 
Heck I am a fan of any East Texas team that has a shot at the title in any class. 
I will be a fan of Marshall after this game. 
The Beast from the East should be on a flag to any East texas team that makes to Jerry’s House. 
Friday night for me, means I want my Dawgs to improve and Marshall is the best team we will play so far that can help the Dawgs reach the goal 🏆 number nine. 
I expect a great ball game and I hope my Dawgs win. 
Oh by the way Coach Surratt and Preston, and staff are hands down the best in Texas High School Football. 
more state championships than playoff losses as a head football coach. 
name another. I told you I am a Dawg Homer🤠

C&C,  I admire your consistency. You do you. Lol

• Like 2

22 hours ago, eagle34 said:

The experts are picking Carthage. Tell us why you think Marshal will win?

Didn’t say they would win ,said it will be closer than the 10 pts that Carthage is favored by.   I think Alvarez will have Marshall well prepared as will Surratt.   Final Carthage 34 Marshall 28

• Like 1