Week 4 Daingerfield vs Center

tigernationfan

Who will win  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the dub

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

Y’all are loaded with athletes, #3 is a beast. The Timpson QB is definitely a different level of player and you’re right, you won’t see that again this year. But you will next year when y’all travel to Timpson. 😁 Good luck to y’all the rest of the way.

Right on 💯.  #3 Dco is a beast, but we have to pull the defense out of the box by completing our passes to give him room to do his thing and make a play. We had a lot of dropped passes and missed tackles.  If you have huddle, check it out. You can say on the dropped passes that our recievers saw the shadow of the Bear😆 and the missed tackles even with hands on them were because the Timpson players were just too elusive. At the end of the day, Timpson won convincingly.  Yup next year the Tigers come to Timpson. We'll see what happens 👀😆 

Edited by KrookedWolfe

29 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Right on 💯.  #3 Dco is a beast, but we have to pull the defense out of the box by completing our passes to give him room to do his thing and make a play. We had a lot of dropped passes and missed tackles.  If you have huddle, check it out. You can say on the dropped passes that our recievers saw the shadow of the Bear😆 and the missed tackles even with hands on them were because the Timpson players were just too elusive. At the end of the day, Timpson won convincingly.  Yup next year the Tigers come to Timpson. We'll see what happens 👀😆 

From watching on YouTube when it was streaming, I’d say Timpson does what great teams do better than just about any other team I’ve seen in recent years, capitalize on opponent mistakes. 

Poor kick/kick coverage? Boom Bussey to the house right before halftime.

Turnover? Timpson drives and scores

Muff kickoff? Timpson drives and scores. 
Give them a drive to start at your 40…twice…because of penalties on kickoff? Timpson drives and scores. 

Doesn’t matter who you are, you can’t make mistakes like that and beat a quality opponent. And Timpson proved they are as of high a quality as they come. There was a common theme to those mistakes. Timpson capitalized. You can play ifs and buts all day, but at the end of it, Timpson capitalized and ran away with it in the 4th quarter because they made fewer mistakes, and made Daingerfield pay for making theirs. That’s what is so impressive about Timpson through 3 games this year. They don’t make many mistakes, and they are so talented that they make you pay every single time you make a mistake. 

• Like 1

As for this game? I’ve got no clue. You can’t really compare scores against similar opponents,  even though that’s what everyone likes to do. Center has some really good players. Daingerfield has some really good players. Both teams have played really good defense one game, really average defense one game, and really not good defense one game. If I remember from the North Desoto game thread Center had several turnovers that dug them in a hole.

As cliche as this sounds, it probably boils down to who tackles better in space, and who makes the least amount of turnovers. They go about it different ways, but at the end of the day both teams look like they are trying to isolate their playmakers in space in 1 v 1 matchups. 

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

From watching on YouTube when it was streaming, I’d say Timpson does what great teams do better than just about any other team I’ve seen in recent years, capitalize on opponent mistakes. 

Poor kick/kick coverage? Boom Bussey to the house right before halftime.

Turnover? Timpson drives and scores

Muff kickoff? Timpson drives and scores. 
Give them a drive to start at your 40…twice…because of penalties on kickoff? Timpson drives and scores. 

Doesn’t matter who you are, you can’t make mistakes like that and beat a quality opponent. And Timpson proved they are as of high a quality as they come. There was a common theme to those mistakes. Timpson capitalized. You can play ifs and buts all day, but at the end of it, Timpson capitalized and ran away with it in the 4th quarter because they made fewer mistakes, and made Daingerfield pay for making theirs. That’s what is so impressive about Timpson through 3 games this year. They don’t make many mistakes, and they are so talented that they make you pay every single time you make a mistake. 

I agree..  Its all part of the game and sometimes it can end in a loss. We have the potential, we just have to limit the mistakes. We have to get better on defense stopping the run. I like these games against quality teams because we may get exposed and be able to identify and address the weaknesses and improve overall. 

Edited by KrookedWolfe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

It's been a really quiet week. Maybe it will be a little more interesting around 10:30p.m. tonight or during the game when one of the teams makes a few plays. Still taking the Tigers in this one by 14.  Let's GO BLUE 🐅.  

Y’all are leaving the blue jungle and entering a rodeo arena, question is can a tiger rodeo or are they just rodeo clowns?? 👀

• LOL! 1