Week 4 Daingerfield vs Center

tigernationfan

Who will win  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the dub

This poll is closed to new votes

Congratulations to Center for the victory they had last night against my Tigers. It's a bit of a Euphemism,  but I have to say I was more depressed with my Tigers than impressed by Center. This game reminded me of the 2002 game vs Gilmer when they had G.J. Kinney and Curtis Brown 62-42 loss in the jungle. In 37 years of Tiger football only 3 games have been absolute shockers to me. 

1). 87-88 loss to Southlake Carroll in Mesquite 42-14 

2). 2001 43-0 loss to Gilmer in M.P. which I'm my opinion started the Jeff Traylor momentum against the Tigers

3). 2018 loss to Newton 79-14. 

2 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Congratulations to Center for the victory they had last night against my Tigers. It's a bit of a Euphemism,  but I have to say I was more depressed with my Tigers than impressed by Center. This game reminded me of the 2002 game vs Gilmer when they had G.J. Kinney and Curtis Brown 62-42 loss in the jungle. In 37 years of Tiger football only 3 games have been absolute shockers to me. 

1). 87-88 loss to Southlake Carroll in Mesquite 42-14 

2). 2001 43-0 loss to Gilmer in M.P. which I'm my opinion started the Jeff Traylor momentum against the Tigers

3). 2018 loss to Newton 79-14. 

Understood. 7 and 8 are serious players and kept you in the game. Other than those two, DF didnt have the athletes to go 4 qtrs. Unfortunately, almost every player that torched DF (including 32) will be back next year. 

You specifically, were running Center down and talking DF up because DF "had a defense". You specifically, were mocking Center athletes and speed. Nothing you said was right and you can know rationalize your shortcomings. 

DF will likely win the district and still make a decent playoff run. 

9 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Our run defense and our SPECIAL TEAMS have to get fixed over the next few weeks. The tough part is over schedule wise. We got to bounce back and we definitely need to get healthy. 

ETF this is the weakest Tiger Special Team defense that I've ever witnessed. We gotta fix it and improve run defense to make a run this year. Kickoff and punt returns are huge momentum builders when a team converts. This has been the case the last 2 games. I'm not taking credit from teams, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. 7 and 8 are serious players and kept you in the game. Other than those two, DF didnt have the athletes to go 4 qtrs. Unfortunately, almost every player that torched DF (including 32) will be back next year. 

You specifically, were running Center down and talking DF up because DF "had a defense". You specifically, were mocking Center athletes and speed. Nothing you said was right and you can know rationalize your shortcomings. 

DF will likely win the district and still make a decent playoff run. 

Don't forget #3 which is our starting Tiger RB. That injury hurt us and a youngster had to take over. Slow down hot rod and understand I've mentioned weekly the point of concern for this year's team being the run defense overall and after the last 2 games it's been special teams also. The boys have been in position to make each play that they give up. Hands on ball carriers and in position in the secondary on passes. I'm not a coach, but with the run defense being so weak our secondary has to play up and sometimes it gives a reciever a little chance to get over the top. Still the boys still manage to be in position to break up pass attempts. We may have to move up some quality youngsters to play and provide more depth.  It's all good, the Tigers will fix it. 

4 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Don't forget #3 which is our starting Tiger RB. That injury hurt us and a youngster had to take over. Slow down hot rod and understand I've mentioned weekly the point of concern for this year's team being the run defense overall and after the last 2 games it's been special teams also. The boys have been in position to make each play that they give up. Hands on ball carriers and in position in the secondary on passes. I'm not a coach, but with the run defense being so weak our secondary has to play up and sometimes it gives a reciever a little chance to get over the top. Still the boys still manage to be in position to break up pass attempts. We may have to move up some quality youngsters to play and provide more depth.  It's all good, the Tigers will fix it. 

Yep, 32 for Center had 300+ yards rushing and 6 TDs. DF did not have anyone who could catch him. FYI, "NOT A SINGLE THING YOU HAVE SAID HAS BEEN CORRECT". 

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, 32 for Center had 300+ yards rushing and 6 TDs. DF did not have anyone who could catch him. FYI, "NOT A SINGLE THING YOU HAVE SAID HAS BEEN CORRECT". 

Now Center did give up 44 last night right? Did these superfast players from Center play defense? We had players that blew Center away as well. If you really want to weigh it out. Center scored 21 points in the 4th quarter to pull away. Was that because of Tiger injuries or because Center was just so much better?

Edited by KrookedWolfe

3 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL, How many times in your life have you seen a RB score 6 TDs? 

Against my Tigers? Never.... However not discrediting the young man's talent and ability, but with the way our run defense is rolling just about any RB can have success. That's hypothetical,  but your RB actually did it so it's proven. 

4 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Against my Tigers? Never.... However not discrediting the young man's talent and ability, but with the way our run defense is rolling just about any RB can have success. That's hypothetical,  but your RB actually did it so it's proven. 

It is definitely "proven". I bet you dont see anyone else run for 300 yds and 6 TDs again. DF defense will be "fixed" for the remainder of the year. It will be "broken" again when DF has the two week visit to Shelby County next year. 

Edited by 89Falcon
  • LOL! 1

42 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

It is definitely "proven". I bet you dont see anyone else run for 300 yds and 6 TDs again. DF defense will be "fixed" for the remainder of the year. It will be "broken" again when DF has the two week visit to Shelby County next year. 

Naw man, Dfield is gonna break both y'all off real bad next year lol. We have a bye week so hopefully the coaches and players handle business and get it together. Our offense can score points, but our defense gotta kick in too. Lack of depth hurts us. We're good tho 👍 

Edited by KrookedWolfe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Your 3 wins are against a team in a class lower than yall by 2 in 4 OTs, a team 2 classes lower than yall that put up 44 points on yall, and flippin Spring Hill. I mean......you gonna get to go back and quote every thing someone says during Carthage week after the game and give a little cute comment? Prolly gonna get slapped by Van and Rusk with McCown spinning it, too. All that mess talking just to finish 4th or 5th in district while DF runs the table in district and goes 3 to 4 deep or more. 

45 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Naw man, Dfield is gonna break both y'all off real bad next year lol. We have a bye week so hopefully the coaches and players handle business and get it together. Our offense can score points, but our defense gotta kick in too. Lack of depth hurts us. We're good tho 👍 

We return our whole backfield next year....looking forward to playing yall again next year. Should be fun. 

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

He's good but he ain't as good as the RB they had 2 or 3 years ago. That cat was a hoss. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Your 3 wins are against a team in a class lower than yall by 2 in 4 OTs, a team 2 classes lower than yall that put up 44 points on yall, and flippin Spring Hill. I mean......you gonna get to go back and quote every thing someone says during Carthage week after the game and give a little cute comment? Prolly gonna get slapped by Van and Rusk with McCown spinning it, too. All that mess talking just to finish 4th or 5th in district while DF runs the table in district and goes 3 to 4 deep or more. 

I expected the "2 classes lower" excuses, though none of you said anything about "two classes lower" prior to the games. You have not been right about much. Keep watching to see if we "get slapped by Rusk or Van". 

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

All I see are excuses. Take the loss and enjoy your crow. 

3 hours ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

All I see are excuses. Take the loss and enjoy your crow. 

They definitely have an abundance of excuses. All we heard for the year is how "DF is more athletic than Center" or "DF has more speed than Center", "DF will not see anyone with speed like Timpson again this year".

Meanwhile Caden Dixon runs for 354 yards and 6 TDs against the slower and undermanned DF. Center gashing DF at every turn. #7 and #8 for DF are definite big-time players, but just like others are learning, it takes more than a couple and Center has a stable. 

Center Enrollment 739.5

Daingerfield Enrollment 271

(According to PigskinPrep, thanks to Wild74)

Excuses or facts? 

Great win Center.. Good luck with teams your size. Let's see which season ends better. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2