Week 4 Daingerfield vs Center

tigernationfan

Who will win  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the dub

This poll is closed to new votes

Numbers of players dressed out does not determine quality depth………Very few coaches, especially 4A and below, will cut a student or just not let him suit out………Beckville could have 50 suited out for varsity but 30 don’t fit the description of “athlete” or “football player”. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

I really didn't want to get into this discussion, but let's be fair, the numbers you posted are probably accurate, but just because there are approximately 470 more students in the school of Center ISD, doesn't mean they had more players on their roster.

That's not exactly the point. Would you say if you had a group of 9 boys to pick from and I had a group of 3......what are the chances you find an exceptional athletes and what are my chances of finding one? Center has roughly 235 more boys to hand pick from than DF. Would that not give them a clear advantage to find more and better athletes? A pool of say 370 boys to pick from and a pool of 135 boys to pick from? Which one do you think would have the clear advantage to field the better team?

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Numbers of players dressed out does not determine quality depth………Very few coaches, especially 4A and below, will cut a student or just not let him suit out………Beckville could have 50 suited out for varsity but 30 don’t fit the description of “athlete” or “football player”. 

Exactly.....

This game was played Friday night and Center managed to win.  Why are we still talking about it? 

This game must be like winning the Super Bowl for Center 😆.  Let it go. This victory will not help them in district and obviously not the playoffs. This will be short lived, so maybe that's why it's so hard to let go. 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

That's not exactly the point. Would you say if you had a group of 9 boys to pick from and I had a group of 3......what are the chances you find an exceptional athletes and what are my chances of finding one? Center has roughly 235 more boys to hand pick from than DF. Would that not give them a clear advantage to find more and better athletes? A pool of say 370 boys to pick from and a pool of 135 boys to pick from? Which one do you think would have the clear advantage to field the better team?

👆 also, this is why Timpson being so loaded is quite incredible. To find that kinda talent out of such a small pool of boys is mind boggling. 

• Like 1