Waskom at Timpson

WildBear

Waskom @Timpson  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I was thinking about Timpson compared to the Alto 06' team.  That Alto team had an average margin of victory close to 50 and averaged almost 10 yards per play.  I still remember playing somebody in district that year and first team offense ran 3 series and scored on the first play each time then sat.  No doubt Timpson has played better non-district teams and in a better district.  I know the Alto non-district looked good at the time of scheduling, but ended up not being so.  People forget that team only gave up about 56 points total all year.

I don't remember the 06 team but I "played against" (ran down field on kickoff) VS the 07 team. I was a freshman at the time and getting to see a football team that good from the sidelines was a crazy experience. 

Edited by Lambo

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

If you were building a team, you couldn’t go wrong with either one. I would have to agree with those four though. Terry is a very smart athlete. You can tell by the way he plays, he’s figuring things out fast. 

Yeah he doesn't just rely on athletic ability. The boy has it between the ears too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I was thinking about Timpson compared to the Alto 06' team.  That Alto team had an average margin of victory close to 50 and averaged almost 10 yards per play.  I still remember playing somebody in district that year and first team offense ran 3 series and scored on the first play each time then sat.  No doubt Timpson has played better non-district teams and in a better district.  I know the Alto non-district looked good at the time of scheduling, but ended up not being so.  People forget that team only gave up about 56 points total all year.

I was curious and looked up ‘06 because it’s been a minute. Only 20 points were scored for the season against Alto until the semifinal game vs. Iola. Iola put up 25 in that game!….more in one game than the entire season up to that point. Lol Then McCamey added 13 in the championship game. 9 shutouts that season. Pretty insane.

Agree that Timpson’s schedule is tougher. Ironically, Timpson was NOT one of the shutouts that year. They put up 7. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:38 PM, Bear9T1 said:

Lots of Waskom posters missing in action… it can’t be that bad in W town!! 

I like to talk football but don't care for the smack BS I tend to pass it by, Waskom is very aware that they are outmatched in this game, even if Keeling and all the ones that left was still here we would still have a hard time playing on Timpson level right now, but we lost to much on offense that had to be replaced an the experience level is not gelling yet, and to be honest may not this year. I still think we can get second in district and maybe play Daingerfield a completive game but the Bears are on the hunt this year and the Wildcats just happens to be the next prey......😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I like to talk football but don't care for the smack BS I tend to pass it by, Waskom is very aware that they are outmatched in this game, even if Keeling and all the ones that left was still here we would still have a hard time playing on Timpson level right now, but we lost to much on offense that had to be replaced an the experience level is not gelling yet, and to be honest may not this year. I still think we can get second in district and maybe play Daingerfield a completive game but the Bears are on the hunt this year and the Wildcats just happens to be the next prey......😎

On a bright note y’all’s JV is legit!!

You would expect having Come off an emotional high after beating a very good daingerfield,that timpson would have a let down,nothing unexpected really,timpsons next opponent will probably experience shellshocked when they start rolling again..win and move on...

Edited by upullinmychain

16 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

You would expect having Come off an emotional high after beating a very good daingerfield,that timpson would have a let down,nothing unexpected really,timpsons next opponent will probably experience shellshocked when they start rolling again..win and move on...

We will take the win but still lots to work on and clean up.  We came out flat and stayed flat the entire game.  Even after a coupe of great drives and scores the energy level was lethargic at best.  Strange…