Jump to content

Waskom at Timpson


WildBear
 Share

Waskom @Timpson  

57 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

I know not many are giving Waskom much of a chance, myself included, but you never truly know. With that said, how will Waskom try to attack this Bear defense. Who do they have on defense that can slow down the Bears offense? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I know not many are giving Waskom much of a chance, myself included, but you never truly know. With that said, how will Waskom try to attack this Bear defense. Who do they have on defense that can slow down the Bears offense? 

I don't think it matters lol. I think only a power run team could POSSIBLY make a game with Timpson but even then it doesnt matter. They're just too good at skill positions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I don't think it matters lol. I think only a power run team could POSSIBLY make a game with Timpson but even then it doesnt matter. They're just too good at skill positions.

The big school power run team they played last year from Arkansas ran the ball very sucessfully, buy they just couldn't keep up with Timpson's pinn ball scoring offense ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The big school power run team they played last year from Arkansas ran the ball very sucessfully, buy they just couldn't keep up with Timpson's pinn ball scoring offense ....

Yep lol that why I said it doesn't matter lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

Been a long time since I've seen a small school with this much talent all over the field. Last team I can remember is that Mart squad from 1999-2000. Before anyone goes off, I'm not saying they're Mart ok

Garrison's 2003 team I believe would beat them ....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only way you can beat them is if you are a Tru power run teams and you can convert on all 3rd downs and finish with a td and 2point conversion.and do it on all drives,even with 11 in the box.hope for one turn over when on D.and use all the clock on every snap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

The only way you can beat them is if you are a Tru power run teams and you can convert on all 3rd downs and finish with a td and 2point conversion.and do it on all drives,even with 11 in the box.hope for one turn over when on D.and use all the clock on every snap.

That's what the Arkansas team attempted to do last season .... the problem was they got stopped a few times and Timpson scored on their defense at will .... They were a hard nosed running team with some power backs .... Timpson is even better this year ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bears take this one with the backups getting action in second half 

17 hours ago, Lambo said:

I don't think it matters lol. I think only a power run team could POSSIBLY make a game with Timpson but even then it doesnt matter. They're just too good at skill positions.

Even if you are a power run team…. I stick to my usual…. You better be ready to score at least 40 if you think you have a chance to get theDUb against the BEARS!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Is Timpson a team of destiny this year? Is this THE year?

Possibly but with only 2 seniors on the team this year, next year may be unreal..just sayin..think about it,,almost all these kids get another year of experience and game rep..what the cornbread hell are the rest of 2a gonna do with that...lol👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Possibly but with only 2 seniors on the team this year, next year may be unreal..just sayin..think about it,,almost all these kids get another year of experience and game rep..what the cornbread hell are the rest of 2a gonna do with that...lol👀

I forget sometimes that Bussey is still not a senior. 🤯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bears8T9 said:

Bears take this one with the backups getting action in second half 

Even if you are a power run team…. I stick to my usual…. You better be ready to score at least 40 if you think you have a chance to get theDUb against the BEARS!!!

TRUTH. All they gotta do is stop you once and they win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Timpson made a believer out of me, they just toy with you, knowing that at any point Bussey can go around the right end and score, anytime, he is one of the smartest and best QB's(player) I have seen in a long long time in high school.  The play last week that he made on the kickoff right before the half was over was just shear intelligence.  He knew exactly what was coming just kept moving around and ended up in perfect position to take the squib kick and go untouched to the house.  That was game over in my opinion.  He is special.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I work in Carthage. Every day I drive to work I stop in Tenaha and buy breakfast, I've done it for 10 years so I've made friends with some old timers from Tenaha in that time. These men all say Terry is the best football player they've seen since Chavis McCollister and 4 of the 5 of them say he's even better. Here's the insane part though. Not only do they have Terry Bussey, they have another kid whose received 2 (that I know of) SEC offers on the last 24 hours. To have 2 athletes of that caliber in 2A is unheard of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2022 at 8:38 AM, Lambo said:

This Timpson team would blowout any other team any school this size you've ever seen. This is a once in a lifetime thing we're seeing.

I was thinking about Timpson compared to the Alto 06' team.  That Alto team had an average margin of victory close to 50 and averaged almost 10 yards per play.  I still remember playing somebody in district that year and first team offense ran 3 series and scored on the first play each time then sat.  No doubt Timpson has played better non-district teams and in a better district.  I know the Alto non-district looked good at the time of scheduling, but ended up not being so.  People forget that team only gave up about 56 points total all year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

I work in Carthage. Every day I drive to work I stop in Tenaha and buy breakfast, I've done it for 10 years so I've made friends with some old timers from Tenaha in that time. These men all say Terry is the best football player they've seen since Chavis McCollister and 4 of the 5 of them say he's even better. Here's the insane part though. Not only do they have Terry Bussey, they have another kid whose received 2 (that I know of) SEC offers on the last 24 hours. To have 2 athletes of that caliber in 2A is unheard of. 

If you were building a team, you couldn’t go wrong with either one. I would have to agree with those four though. Terry is a very smart athlete. You can tell by the way he plays, he’s figuring things out fast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...