15. Woodville - W 34-27 over Liberty  
16. Bushland - W 43-0 over Childress 
17. Llano - W 57-13 over Austin Crockett 
18. Diboll - L 35-23 to Franklin 
19. Gladewater - W 47-14 over Spring Hill 
T20. Winnsboro - W 41-27 over Hooks 
T20. Breckenridge - W 30-27 over Cisco 

Others: Blanco, Little River Academy, Anahuac, Jourdanton, Tatum, Paradise 

Yoe started out the first half a little shaken defensively.  Second half was a different story.  Yoe played pretty well offensively even with their top running back and a top receiver out.   A typical Rhodes adjustment at half.  That was nice to see once again.
There are no moral victories but it was an outstanding game. 

The Cadets have a very talented team.   Their skilled positions are the real deal.  Speed….Speed…strength and size. 

Connally was loaded with talent and speed. I’m told QB will be playing in SEC in the near future.

Got to admire the Yoemen spunk and character (something I hadn’t seen in a few years) coming back from 39-13 half to go ahead 40-39 in 4 qtr..

Yoe had plenty of opportunities to put the game away but receivers dropped to many catchable balls. 

Need to work on tackling. Get that taken care of and they’re going to be tough to beat for anyone.

At the very worst, Cameron's stock stays the same after a game like that.  I'm not going to punish teams for playing competitive ball games with larger, highly ranked teams.  Brock is an example of that.  0-3 but the schedule has been brutal.  

37 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

What has happened to LRA? They were hyped to be a top 10-15 team in preseason? 

They did return 8 on each side of the ball and had high expectations.  One thing to remember is that Academy does not have much football tradition.   They may still end up being just as good as they were last year, but if that is the case they're still going to be 4th in district.  

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

They did return 8 on each side of the ball and had high expectations.  One thing to remember is that Academy does not have much football tradition.   They may still end up being just as good as they were last year, but if that is the case they're still going to be 4th in district.  

Yeah, I don't see them beating yoe/franklin/lorena. May have to make a trip to see these games. Crazy that this district has 3 top 10 teams. Very tough region this year including Columbus, Hitchcock, diboll, and Woodville in the mix. A lot of good first round exits will happen. 

On 9/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, Yoe09 said:

At the very worst, Cameron's stock stays the same after a game like that.  I'm not going to punish teams for playing competitive ball games with larger, highly ranked teams.  Brock is an example of that.  0-3 but the schedule has been brutal.  

What's the status on Yoe RB - Bradley and #1 Receiver?

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

RB could be back at any time.  Receiver I'd say middle of district.  

09 Give me your assessment of the Brahmas.  I know they lost a couple of great skilled players.  In your opinion are they as good as they were last year?  Who stands out offensively and defensively this year for the Brahmas?

I don't have access to film anymore, so I'm not exactly sure what their backs looks like.  I assume less flashy but still plenty good.  I know they lost good talent from last year but they have a really good junior class.  My cousin is their top defensive player and they seem to be really stout on that side of the ball, shutting out both Stafford and Navasota the past two weeks.  Navasota was #7 in 4A DI.  

I do know Bellville is up to #3 in several polls and is around a 20-point favorite in this game.  My outlook: Compete.  Stay healthy.  

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

My outlook: Compete.  Stay healthy.  

Although I would like to see a win,  I agree with your assessment in that we have to have all our fingers and toes when district starts... This has to be one of the most brutal schedules I've seen in a long while!!