Liger01

LE vs Atlanta  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Leopards
    • Rabbits

This poll is closed to new votes

Have to go with LE.

I think Atlanta is getting better but I believe LE shows that Atlanta's offensive line has a ways to go and LE will have the speed to limit Atlanta's big plays.  I'm impressed with Atlanta's defense but I think LE will stuff Atlanta's run game and Harrison will be running for his life when he tries to pass. 

On 9/10/2022 at 3:01 PM, Eagle8 said:

Going with LE.....first good opponent. I'm not knocking Atlanta for scheduling the way they did. Got some confidence rolling early after a rough season last year. LE will be much stronger than the previous 3. Got a lot of speed and size. 

Agree big time.    ATL has played EF, NB and Redwater.   Going to be a different animal this week.   Going with LE in this one.   

L-E's combined opponent record is (1-9)
Atlanta's is (2-7)

What odd points we both are at, at this point in the season. Both 3-0, both against opponents we're unsure of. 

EF is down.
Redwater is Redwater.
New Boston is confusing.

Henderson is way down.
Paris is as bad as I've ever seen a Paris team.
Mount Pleasant is down. 

Can't really gauge by opponents, though I've done lots of searching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Atlanta's is (2-7)

What odd points we both are at, at this point in the season. Both 3-0, both against opponents we're unsure of. 

EF is down.
Redwater is Redwater.
New Boston is confusing.

Henderson is way down.
Mount Pleasant is down. 

Both are 3-0 but I think the worst team LE has played up to this point would beat the best team Atlanta has played by 2-3 touchdowns.  No disrespect to Atlanta but I'm not sure they would be 3-0 vs LE's schedule and I feel very confident LE would be 3-0 vs Atlanta's schedule.  

Good luck to both teams.  I know it's a great rivalry so you can probably throw all this "on paper" stuff out the window.

15 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Atlanta's is (2-7)

EF is down.
Redwater is Redwater.
New Boston is confusing.

Henderson is way down.
Mount Pleasant is down. 

EF, Redwater, New Boston 

Henderson, Paris, Mount Pleasant.

I know you're searching for reasoning here.....but you can't be that stumped on which of those groups would be the stronger group of opponents.

• Like 1

ATL would be 1-2 playing the sched LE has played.   MP and Henderson would hand it to the Rabbits.   I agree the teams that LE has played have not won many football games because they have played some quality teams only to come up short in those.   EF, NB and Redwater are not on any of the 3 sched of the teams LE has played.   

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:23 AM, Eagle8 said:

EF, Redwater, New Boston 

Henderson, Paris, Mount Pleasant.

I know you're searching for reasoning here.....but you can't be that stumped on which of those groups would be the stronger group of opponents.

Come on man. You know me better than this. Yes L-E has been playing bigger schools, so strength of schedule is definitely different. L-E has also been playing in close games. Average margin of victory is 14 (2 games decided by 1 possession) as Atlanta's is 27. So both teams are probably doing what they should be doing, maybe. THE ONLY win any team on L-E's schedule has, is Mount Pleasant beating Pittsburg 22-16. L-E beat MP 14-12. 

I mean it would be different, in my eyes, if Atlanta was scraping by some of these teams they've played. I think Atlanta still has money on the table this point, and I'm anxious to see what they can do Friday night, because they will be pushed to the limit. May end up taking a spanking, but I do feel like it will be a lot better game than most think.

14 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

ATL would be 1-2 playing the sched LE has played.   MP and Henderson would hand it to the Rabbits.   I agree the teams that LE has played have not won many football games because they have played some quality teams only to come up short in those.   EF, NB and Redwater are not on any of the 3 sched of the teams LE has played.   

I'm not saying the SOS is the same. The margin of victory also isn't the same. Atlanta is winning these games by 4 possessions chewing the clock and pounding the rock. 

I'm not sure about that though. I watched Atlanta scrimmage MP last year, and wasn't that impressed. We're a lot better than we were then too.