Prayers for Troup

Lion54

Please join us in praying for Cooper Reid who suffered a head injury in last night's homecoming football game. We believe in the power of prayer! We are claiming Coopers full recovery and believing that our God, the Greatest Physician will heal Cooper and be fully glorified through this🙏🏻

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

Please join us in praying for Cooper Reid who suffered a head injury in last night's homecoming football game. We believe in the power of prayer! We are claiming Coopers full recovery and believing that our God, the Greatest Physician will heal Cooper and be fully glorified through this🙏🏻

Prayers

Lord I come to you on this Sunday morning with a prayer in my heart,asking that you lift this young man up above his injuries,that you make him whole again and wrap your loving arms of mercy and grace around him.for all glory goes to the father,in your son's name of Jesus I ask these things? Amen...amen..

• Like 3

On 9/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Lion54 said:

Prayers.  

Do you know the extent of the head injury?  Was it a concussion or was it a neck/spinal injury?  I assume he was carted off and transported.

26 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Prayers.  

Do you know the extent of the head injury?  Was it a concussion or was it a neck/spinal injury?  I assume he was carted off and transported.

Have had many text asking for a update on Cooper this afternoon, so wanted to give a quick update on todays progress. 

Since this mornings scare with his increased ICP pressure.. things have calmed down. As said before, his pressures stabilized and have held steady this afternoon. Praise Jesus! They still need to come down, but they are not going up. The neurosurgeon is optimistic with his progress. Susanne & Terry are encouraged by what the surgeon had to say. Coopers temperature has remained normal all day. 

Your prayers are working. We know it is your prayers that are healing Cooper, and giving his family strength. Please continue to pray. We ask specifically to pray for 
1.decreased ICP pressures 
2. temperature to stay down
3. Guidance for medical staff and doctors
4. Rest and strength for Cooper’s family
5. We also ask that your pray for the students, teachers, coaching staff and admin of Troup as they go back to school tomorrow, and the days ahead. 

As Susanne  said yesterday… “this is a marathon” and with all of your prayers, Coop will finish the race🙏🏻🙌🏻

• Like 1
  • Prayers 3

Coach Rab
This post was recognized by Coach Rab!

"Updates on Cooper's head injury from Troup ISD."

Lion54 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

Update: 09.12.22
Update from Susanne:

Going to take Cooper in for another CT scan this morning. His icp is staying higher than we need it to be. If CT scan comes back good, the dr. is going to remove the ICP monitor because it is stressing everyone and not giving a good read. (I pray this is the case)His temperature is not staying at a regular temp and his heart rate is low. Urine output, lungs and pupils are good. His blood pressure is also good. It’s day 3 which means we are at the peak of a 5 day critical period. 

Please pray specifically: 

CT comes back showing improvements with pressure and swelling
We can get his temp regulated and heart rate up without new medication 
Tomorrow he will be stable enough to start reducing sedation and ventilation and slowing start waking him up and see if he can handle it! 

We are overwhelmed with the love and support when have seen and felt over the weekend. I can’t begin to express the gratitude in my heart. We believe in the power of prayer.. 

For where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am also. Matt 18:20. 

I believe God’s word and His promises. 
I will send an update on the scans as soon as I know something.

9.12.22 @1220
UPdate: CT Scan showed no changes. 🙌🏻This is positive news. They did remove the monitor that has been monitoring the pressures in Cooper’s brain. From this point forward they will rely on physical symptoms only. This is the way ICP is normally monitored in ICU. Sometimes the monitors can tell us more than we need to know. So the surgeon is “treating the patient, and not the machine.”  If Cooper can continue to hold his pressures and temps, they will start trying to decrease his sedation tomorrow. This won’t completely wake him up, but it will begin to pull him out of such a deep resting state. Depending on how this goes, they will continue to decrease the sedation. 

Thank you all for your continued prayers. They are working. Our prayer requests remain the same. 
Specifically:
1. Decrease in brain pressure 
2. Temperatures to remain stable
3. Knowledge for medical staff
4. Peace for family 
5. Staff and students of TISD and surrounding communities

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

• Prayers 2

Today has been a rough day. The MRI results were not as great as we had hoped for. The MRI showed that Cooper has had a stroke. This is a set back and of course is so very hard to hear. But please continue to pray. 
Cooper needs your prayers more than ever. The doctors tell us Cooper’s youth is his greatest advantage right now.  We know our God is the Great Physician and we believe in the healing power of prayer. Please pray more than ever for Cooper and his recovery. They will begin to decrease his sedation soon and will begin to test to see how Cooper responds neurologically. 
Specifically  pray for calmness for Cooper as he comes out of such a deep sleep. Pray that whatever issues we find as he wakes can be rehabilitated. 
As always, we feel your love and prayers. We know God has got Cooper in his hands. Please DON’T STOP PRAYING🙌🏻🙏🏻

• Like 1
  • Prayers 6

On 9/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Lion54 said:

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 In Jesus name