Prayers for Troup

Lion54

Cooper Update from his parents!

1/9/23
In the past 4 months, Cooper has been a survivor, fighter and an overcomer. His bravery and hard work encourages us each day. He is already checking off goals we set for him when we first arrived here at TIRR and I know there will be more of that to come.

2023 is off to a good start. He is sleeping well at night and staying awake during the day. He is still in need of full support by his therapist and nursing staff, but he is feeling much better and able to participate in his therapy sessions to the best of his ability at this time.  He has been on the stimulation bike to build  strength in his arms and legs, the total gym for leg squats and relearning the process of walking again on the vector machine. He is getting stronger in his upper torso, neck/ head and learning how  control his arm and leg movements. (We are seeing this on his right side). He is able to put pressure on his ankles and feet for a long period time and learning new ways to communicate with us. He is quicker with his responses and very accurate. 

So… so much to be grateful for. There are angels working and moving in this place and we are truly blessed to be here. As always, we continue to ask for your prayers, not only for his recovery but for his overall health as well. We miss everyone so much and can’t wait to see you all soon!! 

Romans 10:36 
For everything comes from Him and exists by his power and is intended for His glory. All glory to Him forever! Amen

• Like 1
  • Prayers 3

Cooper is having a good week. He is working hard during his therapy sessions 💪🏼 Keep praying friends! 

Lord, look upon Cooper with eyes of mercy. May Your healing hand rest upon him, may Your life-giving powers flow into every cell of his body and into the depths of his soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring him to wholeness and strength for service in Your Kingdom. Amen.

Jeremiah 33:6 - 
Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.

• Prayers 3

• 2 weeks later...

Cooper is having a good week. He is working hard during his therapy sessions 💪🏼 Keep praying friends! 

Lord, look upon Cooper with eyes of mercy. May Your healing hand rest upon him, may Your life-giving powers flow into every cell of his body and into the depths of his soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring him to wholeness and strength for service in Your Kingdom. Amen.

Jeremiah 33:6 - 
Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.

Edited by Lion54
  • Prayers 1

Please Pray 🙏🏻Specifically today for Cooper’s Remicade infusion. Pray that this is successful and that he gets relief from his stomach pain. Pray that his transition to the hospital and back to TIRR (after infusion) is smoothe and a easy transition for him. 

Thank you all! 

14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. (‭‭‭Psalms‬ ‭19‬‬:‭14‬ ‭NIV‬‬)

Big day tomorrow! Wednesday 1045. Lumbar puncture  procedure. I am asking all of Coop’s prayer warriors to send up a prayer for the success of this procedure. Asking y’all to continue to MOVE THOSE STONES THOUGH PRAYER. Our family believes and grateful.

Prayer Rally tomorrow (2.1.23) for Cooper and the lumbar puncture trial 🙏🏼

Please Pray for: 
🙏🏻 Coopers medical team
🙏🏻 Safe trial 
🙏🏼Cooper to become more alert
🙏🏼Cooper to perform like never before during therapy 
🙏🏻 Cooper to be able to track with his eyes 
🙏🏼 Cooper to find his words 
🙏🏼Strength, faith, peace and perseverance for Cooper and his parents 

Tomorrow, claim your time, set your alarms and pray for Cooper and this trial! 💙 love and thanks to you all for your steadfast prayers! Trial is at 10 am… pray tomorrow and days ahead for a successful trial. 

5:00am
5:30am
6:00am
6:30am
7:00am
7:30am
8:00am
8:30am
9:00 am 
9:30 am 
10:00am
10:30am
11:00am
11:30am
12:00 pm
12:30 pm
1:00 pm
1:30 pm
2:00 pm
2:30 pm
3:00 pm
3:30 pm
4:00 pm
4:30 pm
5:00 pm
5:30 pm
6:00 pm
6:30 pm
7:00 pm
7:30 pm
8:00 pm
8:30 pm
9:00 pm
9:30 pm
10:00pm

Hit your knees, raise your hands and claim Cooper’s health and Gods Victory! Breakthrough will come in the name of Jesus 💙🙏🏻🙌🏻 #22
#PrayingForCooper

• Prayers 1

Cooper Update:
I wanted to hop on and give you all a quick update on our boy. Cooper has made great progress over last few weeks. He is still feeling better over all. The Remicade infusions have helped tremendously. He does still experience stomach pain at times, but thankfully it is controlled. Cooper has been taking in some (soft) foods by mouth. He has been chewing and swallowing and tolerating this well. He does still have peg tube feedings, but we are glad he is able to chew, swallow and enjoy some soft foods by mouth. Cooper has gained 9 pounds! He is finally getting adequate nutrition and regaining some strength. As always, Cooper is working hard during therapy. He is initiating some of the exercises and movements sooner than he has in the past. This is exciting to see. When asked question's, Cooper is now answering by nodding his head "yes" or shaking his head "no".  Cooper has started using his voice to make noises and trying to communicate with us.  He has not found his words yet, but this is one step closer to him talking to us.
Thank you all for your faithfulness and continued prayers. They mean so much to us and we are forever grateful. We have been encouraged and wanted to pass this on to you all. Cooper is knocking down barriers and we are so proud of him. As said before, this is a marathon friends... With all of our prayers and Cooper's perseverance, He will finish this race!

“ In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” Proverbs 16:9

• Like 2

2.10.23 COOPER UPDATE!💙#22 🎉🎉🎉

We are coming home, hallelujah our #22 is coming home!!! 

This has been a whirlwind of a week. After meeting with Dr. Azariah, Cooper’s rehab doctor, it was confirmed Wednesday, February 15th would be the BIG day.

Even though we have been talking about this and planning for it for months, there is still so much to be done. 

I have been learning how to give Cooper his meds through is peg tube, learning how to use the feeding pump, and daily care. Terry has been transferring him from the bed to chair, ect… We have tried to be as much hands on as we could knowing this day would come. We have been ordering supplies, setting up doctor visits and home therapy sessions for a couple of weeks… it adds up!! But we are super excited!! 

Getting him home and getting the house ready for him as been a process. Our builder, Kory Moon, and his crew are taking care of Cooper’s bathroom renovation and from what I understand, anonymous donors for the supply and materials. 
We have decided to rent a medical van to transport Coop in for now because it is the safest way for him. He is so tall and long he doesn’t fit in my car. We think he has grown 2” since we have been here. Ty, Jenny and many others have been taking care of the other details you don’t think about. We are so grateful for everyone!! 

Next steps for Cooper: 

Dr. Azariah shared with us the lumbar puncture trial was positive and recommended placing the shunt. He has normal pressure hydrocephalus. 

This was based on several responses we saw in Cooper during PT. He took 4-5 big/full steps on his first lap in the gym, he used his own weight and strength to help stand up from his chair, and he was looking all around the gym. This was all new. The next day we recreated the same scenario. Same time, same place, same activities and nothing. Since then, we have spoken with Dr. Crutchfield who has been following Cooper’s progress every step of the way after leaving Tyler. He shared with us that Cooper’s latest CT scans looked good and can see positive changes since September. His ventricles are somewhat enlarged but nothing dangerous or alarming. 
With this information we have decided we would stay home and schedule an appointment with Dr. Crutchfield in a few weeks. This gives Cooper time at home, in his own environment with family and friends to see what he can do on his own without placing the shunt. We will reevaluate and make the final decision then. 

Specific prayers: 
Thank God for all of the wonderful people He his had placed in our lives, along with all of the constant and faithful prayers. 

Cooper’s trip home is safe and uneventful. 

Cooper will recognize his home, his family and friends, his dogs, his room and trigger something that will make him more aware and alert. 

God’s will… if there is another brain surgery in the future or not. This is such a big decision and we want to make the right one.

Luke12:
6 “What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. 
7 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Love, The Reid’s

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Prayers 1

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Whoever had this idea/got the ball rolling, CONGRATS………And whoever did the voting for him(guessing the high school student body) - you did AWESOME. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2