***Week 4: Alto Yellowjackets (2-1) @ Garrison Bulldogs (2-1) - Friday | 7:30 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Garrison  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2022 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will renew their rivalry with the Garrison Bulldogs when they travel to Garrison this Friday; kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. The Jackets and Bulldogs last met in 2019 in Garrison with Alto winning 26-7. This will be the 45th time the teams have met with Garrison holding the series record 24-18-2.

The Jackets defeated San Augustine on Saturday 22-8 while the Bulldogs fell (surprisingly) to Warren 25-22.

Schedules and results for the 2022 season thus far:

Shelbyville 48 - Alto 44
Alto 48 - West Sabine 22
Alto 22 - San Augustine 8

Garrison 35 - Hugh Springs 30
Garrison 28 - Arp 21
Warren 25 - Garrison 22

ALTO-GARRISON SERIES

All-Time Record for Alto:
     600 wins | 382 losses | 34 ties | 1,016 total games

All-Time Record for Garrison:
     548 wins | 286 losses | 13 ties | 847 total games

All-Time Series Record:
     Garrison - 24 wins | Alto - 18 wins | 2 ties

Garrison's longest winning streak vs. Alto:
     5 wins in a row (1966-1970 | 1976-1987)

Alto's longest winning streak vs. Garrison:
     9 wins in a row (1988-1998)

Current streak:  Alto won 26-7 in 2019; haven’t played since.

I think I am missing one year. In 1973, there was a 6-6 tie, but I can’t find any record of the year before or after 1973. We had to have played twice because of realignment. 🤷‍♂️

This Friday should be a good test! Both teams are 2-1. Who moves to 3-1?

DB36C0C9-7F11-45D2-957C-FD3179E166F7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

How did they get beat by Warren…

From what I was told, it was a game long series of mental mistakes and bad decisions by players and sidelines against a team they should have steam rolled ... can't do that and expect to win .... hopefully they get it together this week ....

2 hours ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Great stat research

Thanks! I talked to a local guy who has the complete series record with scores. He’s gonna send to me tomorrow. What I have is missing the 70s and 80s games, but I’m pretty sure the series record is correct. I’ll know tomorrow for sure. 

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

From what I was told, it was a game long series of mental mistakes and bad decisions by players and sidelines against a team they should have steam rolled ... can't do that and expect to win .... hopefully they get it together this week ....

Don’t clean up on our account. I’ll take one more week of that….. 😂 

14 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Let's see.....Warren beat Garrison..... Hull-Daisetta beat Warren......I'm taking Alto by a lot ......

My buddy coaches in Warren and they sat 8 starters in the hull game and had a couple more hurt. They had everyone back vs Garrison. He said if not for two dropped td passes they would lost. Plus He said Garrison sat players for missing practices. Expect a Great game Friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slickarick said:

My buddy coaches in Warren and they sat 8 starters in the hull game and had a couple more hurt. They had everyone back vs Garrison. He said if not for two dropped td passes they would lost. Plus He said Garrison sat players for missing practices. Expect a Great game Friday. 

I knew there was more going on with Garrison with certain players not playing ... should be ironed out this week ....

I heard all sub varsity and jr high Garrison teams swept Timpson .... things should get back to normal in a few years ....

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I knew there was more going on with Garrison with certain players not playing ... should be ironed out this week ....

I heard all sub varsity and jr high Garrison teams swept Timpson .... things should get back to normal in a few years ....

Why did the Timpson and Daingerfield sun-varsities not play each other? I saw that Daingerfield played Mount Vernon but never asked anybody. 

42 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Alto 48

Garrison 14

• Wow 1