Celina vs Anna

TCU44

Celina vs. Anna  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Bobcats have a pair of passing TDs. A couple of long drives. Having to earn every single yard.

Anna is for real, for real, folks. Big. Fast. Very athletic. Look like a purple, north Texas version of Gilmer (minus Fluellen and Tennison).

Coyotes got their one score on a pick 6. Both teams have missed some opportunities and turned the ball over. Bobcats have had better success of capitalizing so far.

I watched most of the Livestream......very impressed with Anna's D.  Their offense has plenty of ammunition.....but the D showed up and caused several turnovers.  That was the difference in this game......Celina's turnovers.  Both teams fought hard, and both teams gave up turnovers, but I think Celina gave up one or two more.  I can see Anna getting much better with their personnel......that team has alot of upside for sure.

Edited by regaleagle

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I watched most of the Livestream......very impressed with Anna's D.  Their offense has plenty of ammunition.....but the D showed up and caused several turnovers.  That was the difference in this game......Celina's turnovers.  Both teams fought hard, and both teams gave up turnovers, but I think Celina gave up one or two more.  I can see Anna getting much better with their personnel......that team has alot of upside for sure.

Yep. Bobcats turned it over while about to score, and Anna scored the next play. Bobcats fumbled their 2nd play from scrimmage on the next drive, and Anna scored a few plays later. That sequence was the game. Celina receiver also dropped potential game-winning TD in the end zone on last drive too.

Bobcats played hard. Really missed Peterson in the backfield, hope he gets healthy soon. But so good to see Gayton back. He ran extremely hard. Still proud of that team, and they showed some guts coming back from down two scores. I know Celina would love to get another shot at Anna in the postseason. And as crazy as that would be, it’s not a far fetched possibility.

Edited by d0tc0m

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

Yep. Bobcats turned it over while about to score, and Anna scored the next play. Bobcats fumbled their 2nd play from scrimmage on the next drive, and Anna scored a few plays later. That sequence was the game. Celina receiver also dropped potential game-winning TD in the end zone on last drive too.

Bobcats played hard. Really missed not having Peterson in the backfield. But so good to see Gayton back. He ran extremely hard. Still proud of that team, and they showed some guts coming back from down two scores. I know Celina would love to get another shot at Anna in the postseason. And as crazy as that would be, it’s not a far fetched possibility.

Celina has been here before, licked their wounds, and made a deep run or won it all.  Anna on the other hand.....they have NEVER been here before.  Congrats to the Anna Coyotes on their big win tonight!  Is there a full moon out???  Time to howl, I guess.

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

Bobcats played hard. Really missed not having Peterson in the backfield. But so good to see Gayton back. He ran extremely hard. Still proud of that team, and they showed some guts coming back from down two scores. I know Celina would love to get another shot at Anna in the postseason. And as crazy as that would be, it’s not a far fetched possibility.

It is a possibility to see them again in November

4 minutes ago, CH76 said:

It is a possibility to see them again in November

Yes. There’s actually a good chance it happens.

Anna should win District 8 without much issue. Celina’s JV could win District 7 unfortunately. Anna will get second place of District 5 in the second round, so whoever loses between China Spring and Stephenville. Bobcats will get third place team from that district in second round (most likely La Vega). If Celina and Anna both win, they’d face off in the 3rd round (Region II semifinals).