Sideline to Sideline 4A week 4 Show

Gsquared

Good show as always, boys!

Couple notes on the Celina vs Anna game:

I HOPE Gayton plays, but he has not touched the football since week 1 (sparingly, even then). I'm assuming it's some sort of injury, but I'm not sure. Peterson went out with a nasty looking lower-body injury last week against Spring Legacy. He needed help getting off the field. Now, later on in the game, he was standing on his own with no help. But I don't know his status going into Friday. That certainly could make things interesting for the Bobcats, offensively.

Another note: So far, through three games, Celina's starting defense has accounted for 5 TDs and a safety. If you were to look at only 1's v 1's in every game, Celina would still be 3-0 even if the offense hadn't scored at all this season. Anna's OL and that stud QB are going to have their hands full with Trae Hollins and Jake Vincent off the edge. They've paired well with sophomore LB Cooper Farrow to create all kinds of confusion and pressure problems up front for the opposition. I expect those three to have a big game on Friday again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Good show as always, boys!

Couple notes on the Celina vs Anna game:

I HOPE Gayton plays, but he has not touched the football since week 1 (sparingly, even then). I'm assuming it's some sort of injury, but I'm not sure. Peterson went out with a nasty looking lower-body injury last week against Spring Legacy. He needed help getting off the field. Now, later on in the game, he was standing on his own with no help. But I don't know his status going into Friday. That certainly could make things interesting for the Bobcats, offensively.

Another note: So far, through three games, Celina's starting defense has accounted for 5 TDs and a safety. If you were to look at only 1's v 1's in every game, Celina would still be 3-0 even if the offense hadn't scored at all this season. Anna's OL and that stud QB are going to have their hands full with Trae Hollins and Jake Vincent off the edge. They've paired well with sophomore LB Cooper Farrow to create all kinds of confusion and pressure problems up front for the opposition. I expect those three to have a big game on Friday again.

Thanks for the update!

11 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Our first rankings of the season

Week 4

https://lonestargridiron.com/2022-class-4a-rankings/

Oooh I like these rankings.

LCM, Lumberton, Beeville Jones.

4A Div. I feels very, very top heavy this season. Maybe I’m wrong. But Div. II seems like it has waaaay more depth this year. Carthage and Gilmer feel like 1a/b to me, but the other 8 teams could make a serious case for semifinal/final appearances.