Celeste @ Boles

HornetSenior

Celeste @ Boles  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Celeste
    • Boles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2022 at 12:00 AM

Boles(2-1) Host Celeste (2-1)
Boles is led by Sr. QB/RB/FS Drennan(41 Carries 273 yards and 3 Tds, 12 Tackles, 1 INT in Boles's 2 wins); Sr. WR/CB Staggs(2021 2A TSWA 2nd Team all-state CB)( 2 Td Rec, 2 Int), So. RB/WR/OLB Morgan(10 carries 53 yards 1 Td, 4 Rec 39 yards, 2 INTs in 26-22 win over Hawkins, and Jr. QB Lively(9-16 Passing for 156 yards and 3 total Tds(2 pass, 1 rush) vs Hawkins).

Celeste is led by Sr. QB Connelly(36-53 Passing for 574 yards, 6 Tds 4 Int, 1 rush Td 2 fumbles lost; Sr. WR/RB Stephens(16 rec, 163 yards 1 Td, 13 carries for 117 yards and 2 Tds); So. WR Campbell(10 rec 280 yards 3 Tds),and  Jr. RB/MLB Minter(15 carries 134 yards, 3Tds, 4 sacks, Team leader in Tackles)

Celeste averaged 19.5 points in regulation in their first 2 games with 2 Turnovers in an overtime win over Trenton and 5 turnovers  in a loss to Whitewright. In weeks 3 Celeste  had 0 turnovers in a 38-24 win over Wolfe City. Boles gives up 16 points a game while Celeste has averaged 24 points against/game.

Boles averaged 26.5 points and 3 defensive INT’s in their wins over Overton and Hawkins, but were shutout by Clarksville 14-0 in week 2. After a heavy reliance on the running of Drennan in the first 2 weeks, Boles was more balanced in their week 3 win with 173 yards Passing and 142 yards Rushing.

Drennan and Lively have been rotating drives at QB all year, but the rotation might be over for now after Boles scored 19 points in the second half versus Hawkins Predominately working out of the spread with Lively at QB and Drennan at RB.

Celeste 42 Boles 28 Final

Celeste scored 2 Tds in the final minute of the 1st half to lead 28-14. Both teams had a lot of explosive plays including Boles throwing a 93 yard Td pass and Celeste having a 99 yard fumble recovery. Celeste definitely the faster team.

I don't have all the stats but Boles might have gained over 300 yards passing which is something I'm pretty hasn't happened since atleast 2001. After saying that I still think they ran the ball a few too many times. 🤣 Boles had 8+ false starts, but that is something they can fix. Boles is playing lots of Sophimores and Juniors so there is still alot of room for improvement.

My only worry in district for Boles is that they had 3 starters out injured by the end of the game and another out for Targeting.