Buna ISD reassigns AD/Head Football Coach Gary Kinne

RETIREDFAN1

27 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I guess I'm missing something with regards to Buna. If there's a big issue why make him assistant AD, working with the younger athletes? I'd think he would be released altogether. 

More than likely, they don’t have enough to fire him and not have to pay the rest of his contract…….and they probably don’t want to pay him a huge amount and him also be able to find employment and be making more. 
I bet that as assistant AD, he will just be doing stuff like insurance for athletes, watching the lunchroom during lunch, driving to drop a package off at UPS, etc.  

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

Serious question, if he is that toxic,why has he perpetually been hired over and over for last 20 years maybe,I've never met him and absolutely have  no basis too form an option whatsoever,so I'm blank on him.

Surly he must have some redeeming qualities that go unspoken?  Maybe,🤷‍♂️.   Just wondering...

• Like 1

I was in living in Waskom when I heard about him getting shot at Canton .... I know the guy that shot him got 20 years, but I never heard his explaination as to why he shot him other than h was a parent.  I'd like to know what transpired between the two of them that lead to such drastic actions ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was in living in Waskom when I heard about him getting shot at Canton .... I know the guy that shot him got 20 years, but I never heard his explaination as to why he shot him other than h was a parent.  I'd like to know what transpired between the two of them that lead to such drastic actions ...

The original news articles says the guy was not happy about the lack of playing time for his son on varsity.  The guy had a previous incident of a physical altercation with coaching staff.  The insinuation was that when Coach Kinne decided to start his son at QB as a freshman, that was the final straw.  Not sure if there was a connection there or not.

3 minutes ago, house said:

As I remember, didn't Kinne go to Gilmer from Canton?  Did one of his kids end up as Gilmer's Qb.  

Kinne didn't go. His Son transferred to Gilmer the following Season. Gary Junior was an All state QB who signed with UT. Ended up transferring to Tulsa where he was very successful. Played a few seasons on the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad. He's currently head football coach at Incarnate Word! 

On 9/18/2022 at 7:10 AM, Golfingnut said:

I guess I'm missing something with regards to Buna. If there's a big issue why make him assistant AD, working with the younger athletes? I'd think he would be released altogether. 

Probably a fake job. I'd be shocked if he even has to go to work. His contract is probably up after this year and they don't want to buy him out. So, give him a "title" and pay him his salary not to come in. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 7:53 AM, upullinmychain said:

Serious question, if he is that toxic,why has he perpetually been hired over and over for last 20 years maybe,I've never met him and absolutely have  no basis too form an option whatsoever,so I'm blank on him.

Surly he must have some redeeming qualities that go unspoken?  Maybe,🤷‍♂️.   Just wondering...

I was working Canton radio his first year and he is one of those coaches that people either fully love him or fully hate him. His personality is big and so it attracts and repulses about the same...also he knows the right things to say, has some solid success on the field at times

But I will put it to you this way...the day he was shot I was driving from Tyler to Shreveport for my new job and When I heard..Breaking news an East Texas Coach was shot...I knew who it was before they said it

On 9/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, KirtFalcon said:

The guy that shot him was not stable...He tried to come into the booth one night when I was at Canton broadcasting the year before. 

Edited by TxBroadcaster
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, GraysonFan said:

I think Kinne had some issues at Sherman also.  He had a decent run there for four or five years, but he got suspended for something illegal, like coaching a summer team of the athletes or something like that.   I don't know how he keeps getting jobs at this point. 

With teacher and coach shortage, he will keep getting jobs!