Tatum vs Karens

Eagleborn

Who  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who I say

23 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

Ok here's my take on the game last night. Not that anyone cares..

This is 3 missed extra points away from being a 7 point ballgame.

Tatum was the better team on the field last night, and probably is the better team overall. Tatum ever gets their pass defense to cover better, (they really didn't do to bad last night), they will be just as stout on defense as offense. West Rusk had no answer for the Tatum offense. Tatum made West Rusk one deminsional last night, and that is not how WR wants to play. 

I saw 2 really good teams going at it and I think they will both go deep in the playoffs this year. The teams in 3A D1 better be ready come playoff time. Tatum will have plenty of time in district to get the kinks worked out. I think Tatum can play with the Malakoffs, Mt. Vernon's and Brock teams. I think West Rusk will be fine. It will probably still come down to WR and DF for the region in 3A D2. 

Of course someone is not going to agree with me and that's ok. Just my opinion. 

Let's all keep praying for Copper Reid. 

Newton beat Jasper and WO-S in back to back weeks. I'd toss their name in with WR and DF in D2. 

WR had some talent for sure....nobody expected anything less. Our run defense is getting better and better.....secondary got toasted a few times but also made some plays when it mattered. Mata is a salty dual threat QB. Being able to take him out of the run game was big. I'd be shocked if we gave up more than 50 or 60 yards on the ground overall. We have a ton of work to do defensively to become a contender. West Rusk should walk through district. We got some solid matchups coming up in district after we play Lumberton. We aren't flashy but if you mess up and let us make a few stops on defense.....it is awfully hard to stop our offense from getting 10 yards in 4 plays....and we'll drain a clock quick. Getting better and better. Ole Keeling and staff are slowly turning us into a program in year one. 

Also a great note. Every single player that graced our backfield last night were sophomores and juniors. They all coming back. 

Edited by Eagle8

33 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Newton beat Jasper and WO-S in back to back weeks. I'd toss their name in with WR and DF in D2. 

WR had some talent for sure....nobody expected anything less. Our run defense is getting better and better.....secondary got toasted a few times but also made some plays when it mattered. Mata is a salty dual threat QB. Being able to take him out of the run game was big. I'd be shocked if we gave up more than 50 or 60 yards on the ground overall. We have a ton of work to do defensively to become a contender. West Rusk should walk through district. We got some solid matchups coming up in district after we play Lumberton. We aren't flashy but if you mess up and let us make a few stops on defense.....it is awfully hard to stop our offense from getting 10 yards in 4 plays....and we'll drain a clock quick. Getting better and better. Ole Keeling and staff are slowly turning us into a program in year one. 

Also a great note. Every single player that graced our backfield last night were sophomores and juniors. They all coming back. 

I agree on Newton. I think Tatum has the best offense WR has seen yet. I don't think y'all will face anyone in district that will give you a tough game, especially if your defense gets better. Y'all's run game is tough, but I expected nothing less from a Keeling offense. Good luck to the Eagles from here on. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

I agree on Newton. I think Tatum has the best offense WR has seen yet. I don't think y'all will face anyone in district that will give you a tough game, especially if your defense gets better. Y'all's run game is tough, but I expected nothing less from a Keeling offense. Good luck to the Eagles from here on. 

I'm optimistic but Atlanta seems to be back, Gladewater can flip a switch at anytime, and Jeffy is showing some life. Hell, Sabine has shown some offensive production......Keeling and Co are making stride after stride getting the boys better each week. Should be a fun district. 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

That ole run attack aint so bad is it? I knew you guys would be scary implementing it with those athletes and a seasoned qb at the helm

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chevyman said:

That ole run attack aint so bad is it? I knew you guys would be scary implementing it with those athletes and a seasoned qb at the helm

I'll be honest....I knew it would work but I didn't realize how fun it would be to watch the triple option attack. Chance for a homerun play every single snap with Watson making the reads and distributing. Think we ran for 450 yards last night. We haven't ran for less than 400 in a game yet. Think 567 is the most so far in a game. All it takes is for one guy to make a boo boo on defense and Watson sees it and puts the ball in the right hands and dueces....house call. It's fun to see it all play out. Sometimes I'd swear the FB has the ball then Watson pops out over on the far side and takes it 60 yards. It's not just Watson....the backs have really come on as well. It's a tough little scheme to stop. Kids are having fun with it, too. 

19 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I'll be honest....I knew it would work but I didn't realize how fun it would be to watch the triple option attack. Chance for a homerun play every single snap with Watson making the reads and distributing. Think we ran for 450 yards last night. We haven't ran for less than 400 in a game yet. Think 567 is the most so far in a game. All it takes is for one guy to make a boo boo on defense and Watson sees it and puts the ball in the right hands and dueces....house call. It's fun to see it all play out. Sometimes I'd swear the FB has the ball then Watson pops out over on the far side and takes it 60 yards. It's not just Watson....the backs have really come on as well. It's a tough little scheme to stop. Kids are having fun with it, too. 

I good offensive line makes things even smoother, obviously Tatum has one, also Watson is the king of the hide the football and seldom makes a bad pitch, it happens but seldom

With Watson, Mims and Gonzalez it is pretty much a fine oiled machine. I'm not sure what #11's name is but he was good to. West Rusk was missing #8 Murphy on the field last night, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference. He is a hard runner but that Tatum run defense is really good.

8 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

With Watson, Mims and Gonzalez it is pretty much a fine oiled machine. I'm not sure what #11's name is but he was good to. West Rusk was missing #8 Murphy on the field last night, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference. He is a hard runner but that Tatum run defense is really good.

All 3 of them return next year as well as #11 Sigler who's a sophomore. #6 C Tatum is a sophomore as well. We had 4 starters out. Mimbs is FB2....well, maybe not anymore. Calhoun runs extremely hard at FB as well but is out for another week or 2. RT Perry was out, 4 year RB Norris is still out, and Fields was out on defense as well. 

46 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I good offensive line makes things even smoother, obviously Tatum has one, also Watson is the king of the hide the football and seldom makes a bad pitch, it happens but seldom

Watson is tough. Gonzalez has settled into his new position at the wing. We still throw to him a lot at the position though. 

40 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

West Rusk will be fine. They got a lot of talent.

• Like 1