Week Five: Longview vs Lancaster

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Lancaster Tiges (3-1)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lancaster in a close one
    • Lancaster in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2022 at 12:30 AM

Having seen Lancaster a bit, I honestly see this game going similar to their game against Guyer....and every other meeting they've ever had with us.

Close for a minute....but the game blows wide open mainly due to...Lancaster mistakes.

I don't think this will be the last time these two see one another this year either. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Both North games should be.

Unless we have another 5 turnover day.

agree.  If we hold onto the ball we win by 4+ TDs.  I hope they don't turn the ball over at all.  I want to see their offense and RB mistake free against our defense....not going to happen but would like to see it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gtee2 said:

North will be a blowout...

We win that game by 4+ TDs easily.  I think their offense and RB can be a good challenge for our defense if they hold onto the ball.  Hoping they do because we will need the work.  5 blowouts plus a first round blow out will do nothing for us when we see a LS in the second round.  we do still have a huge game in front of us.

13 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

We win that game by 4+ TDs easily.  I think their offense and RB can be a good challenge for our defense if they hold onto the ball.  Hoping they do because we will need the work.  5 blowouts plus a first round blow out will do nothing for us when we see a LS in the second round.  we do still have a huge game in front of us.

I still don't even trust Lone Star at this point. I don't trust many of the teams in our Region. Like ANTI said, I would not be shocked one bit if we see Lancaster twice this season the way both teams are performing.

Excited for Friday. Last season was a fantastic game, and no doubt it should be again.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Having seen Lancaster a bit, I honestly see this game going similar to their game against Guyer....and every other meeting they've ever had with us.

Close for a minute....but the game blows wide open mainly due to...Lancaster mistakes.

I don't think this will be the last time these two see one another this year either. 

Finally someone who understands it and sees it my way. Talent wise Longview and Lancaster are on the same level. Lancaster might even edge Longview in that area. The difference between the two in my opinion. Is the mental toughness and physicality that Longview possesses that we have yet to see from Lancaster. 

Edited by VonG
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I think McNorth is on par with Marshall

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VonG said:

Finally someone who understands it and sees it my way. Talent wise Longview and Lancaster are on the same level. Lancaster might even edge Longview in that area. The difference between the two in my opinion. Is the mental toughness and physicality that Longview possesses that we have yet to see from Lancaster. 

I don’t think Lancaster’s physicality should be questioned. I totally agree with the mental toughness aspect, because they have shown to be a very undisciplined team in the past. But I do think Lancaster has the athletes and physicality to go blow for blow with Longview 

2 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I don’t think Lancaster’s physicality should be questioned. I totally agree with the mental toughness aspect, because they have shown to be a very undisciplined team in the past. But I do think Lancaster has the athletes and physicality to go blow for blow with Longview 

I can agree with this. I'm fully expecting Lancaster to come in and belt Longview right in the mouth. I'm counting on it, in fact. I also think they match up with us athletically. 

Where I think Longview pulls away is in execution. I believe Lancaster will play it close early on, but Longview will gradually grind them down with the run game on offense and the pressure on defense. 

Longview pulls away with a couple late scores that won't indicate how close the game actually was. 

31 minutes ago, LOL said:

I can agree with this. I'm fully expecting Lancaster to come in and belt Longview right in the mouth. I'm counting on it, in fact. I also think they match up with us athletically. 

Where I think Longview pulls away is in execution. I believe Lancaster will play it close early on, but Longview will gradually grind them down with the run game on offense and the pressure on defense. 

Longview pulls away with a couple late scores that won't indicate how close the game actually was. 

Lancaster has the athletes basically every year to be a consistent powerhouse. They just haven’t had the greatest coaching to go along with the talent. Gilbert was a good coach but they never have had a QB to really take them to the next level. This year they are doing a two QB system and that just further proves my point that they don’t have a QB. I went back and watched the Guyer game and Lancaster was pretty evenly matched up against them. However, it was the mistakes that took them out of the game. 14-7 game close to halftime and Lancaster fumbled and Guyer scores before half to go up 21-7. Lancaster forces a fumble in the goal line just to snap it out the end zone the very next play. And then Guyer returns the kick back for a TD. 30-7 just like that and the game was out of reach. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

When has Lancaster ever been known to be a physical football team? I'm not saying they aren't this year. I just want to when have they ever been known to be physical. The state of Texas knows Longview plays a physical brand of football. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VonG said:

The state of Texas knows Longview plays a physical brand of football. 

Whatever ups and downs the program has experienced, this has remained constant.

When you play the Lobos, you're playing against some tough-*** Longview kids. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I think that is a solid comparison.  McNorth has a better QB so should be a little more balanced.

Yes Marshall Qb would prolly have to "compete" on Lobos fish squad for the job. I was more on the running backs both teams have. I think McNorth had a big freshman rotating in last year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VonG said:

When has Lancaster ever been known to be a physical football team? I'm not saying they aren't this year. I just want to when have they ever been known to be physical. The state of Texas knows Longview plays a physical brand of football. 

When has Lancaster ever been a soft finesse team? I’ve always known Lancaster to be a team full of dawgs on defense that are going to line up man to man basically all game and they’re going to be an attacking style defense and hit you in the mouth. Offensively, they’re a spread team but run a power running game scheme. They don’t line up in the power i all game long like Longview but they play downhill and play fast and they’re never ducking any smoke. 

11 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

When has Lancaster ever been a soft finesse team? I’ve always known Lancaster to be a team full of dawgs on defense that are going to line up man to man basically all game and they’re going to be an attacking style defense and hit you in the mouth. Offensively, they’re a spread team but run a power running game scheme. They don’t line up in the power i all game long like Longview but they play downhill and play fast and they’re never ducking any smoke. 

I have never heard anyone say when you play Lancaster you are playing a physical football team. Katy, Euless Trinity, Longview,  and a few others are known for playing a physical brand of football. Not Lancaster. I'm saying they don't have any Dawgs. Just never heard anyone reference Lancaster as being physical. We'll find out soon enough. I stated earlier they match Longview in the talent department. Probably have more talent. That's not in question. I just know when they have played Longview they got manhandled by a physical team. Things can be different for them Friday and they come out with a victory .

Edited by VonG

1 minute ago, VonG said:

I have never heard anyone say when you play Lancaster you are playing a physical football team. Katy, Euless Trinity, Longview,  and a few others are known for playing a physical brand of football. Not Lancaster. I'm saying they don't have any Dawgs. Just never heard anyone reference Lancaster as being physical. We'll find out soon enough. I stated earlier they match Longview in the talent department. Probably have more talent. That's not in question. I just know when they play Longview they get manhandled by a physical team. Things can be different for them Friday and they come out with a victory .

So there’s only like 7 teams in the state that play a physical style of football according to you? And it’s only teams that still line up in a old school pro style system. 

1 minute ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

So there’s only like 7 teams in the state that play a physical style of football according to you? And it’s only teams that still line up in a old school pro style system. 

I never put a number on it. I was naming a few that are known for playing a physical brand of football.